EN World Movie Battle Royal! We have our winner!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Lord of the Rings fellowship

to add more depth to the Bladerunner debate, I have had archeitcure professors refrence the movies buildings as positive examples.

When Pris died, the shot seemed a visual refrence to a butterfly, and was interlaced with the themes of lost innocence and the system/buecracy destroying beauty.

I am a sucker for visual imagery and allusions and once they got rid of the annoying voice over and happy ending this movie is one of my all time top 5. I saw the Directors cut in collage, without ever having seen the orginal, or heard the fanchatter. The possiblity of Decker being a replicant showed through clearly, and more that he doubted his own humanity.

All that said the first Lord of the Rings is the best fantasy movie I have ever seen, and deserves its win.

MonsterMash

First Post
Well with the votes so far if I've counted correctly LotR: Fellowship of the Ring leads Bladerunner 14-6, but that may not be 100% right.

What I suspected which is not a total cakewalk for Frodon and co, but still likely to take it.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
This is a tough call. Last round I went with Aliens over LotR because I thought it did better by itself. Based on that I should go with BladeRunner. But I think about it in terms of how much I really want to watch a film again. I'm up for Aliens almost anytime, same with LotR (when I have four hours free ;) ), but less so for BladeRunner.

#1 LotR Fellowship of the Ring.

arnwyn said:
Do I? Sorry, it really is just a coincidence! (Though, really, you followed me into this thread... but I digress. ;) ) Actually, I'm usually interested in what you have to say because your interests are so diametrically opposite of mine that I find it intriguing and I usually just have to comment.
Well, I did use "follow" somewhat facetiously there, I have to admit.
arnwyn said:
If it bothers you so much, though, I'll try to stop. :heh:
It doesn't, although for a while I thought you were trying to make a point to me. :heh:

MonsterMash said:
Well with the votes so far if I've counted correctly LotR: Fellowship of the Ring leads Bladerunner 14-6, but that may not be 100% right.

What I suspected which is not a total cakewalk for Frodon and co, but still likely to take it.
I got 13-7 by the time of your post, and 14-8 by now. Whatever it actually is (that's Gomez' problem! ;) ), it's closer than I expected.

Felix

Explorer
Bladerunner.

Only because I like underdogs, and once I saw that LOTR:FOTR was in the bracket, I knew it was going to the finals. Seriously, those movies are untouchable. If we remove LOTR, and do this thread over again, it should be called "The 4th Best Move Ever (After the LOTR Trilogy)". :D

Remove ads