EN World Picnic In The Park - Saturday (9am-4pm) [Updated 7/25/06]

FickleGM

Explorer
I just want to throw out another big THANK YOU to Sidereal Knight and Ben. You were essential for the success of the event (the weather comes in second place).

I think that I will try this again next year (please weather gods, shine on us again). I hope that we can get more people and great weather. I hope to schedule it for a day that would work better for the Costume Contest, so that Xath, Dextra, Hellhound and the Gelflings can have a chance to stop by.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
we had a great time, and it was a lot of fun winning Munchkin. ;)

hope you do it again next year and i hope we can make it!

FickleGM

Explorer
Next year, I am going to shoot for a Thursday or Sunday picnic (assuming Cindy and I can stay until Monday). I figure that it doesn't matter what time it is held, some people will not be able to attend. Saturday worked out for my schedule this year and was an incredibly beautiful day, but it still wasn't the best time overall.

First of all, I don't ever again want to have to be up and expected to function after a Friday night of events that never happened (and I plan on always staying until the bitter end ;)).

Second, the costume contest is Saturday (and although I saw the Gelflings, I missed Xath :().

Third, post ENnies followup takes place.

There are probably other reasons to not have the picnic on Saturday.

I like Thursday the best, because people aren't trying to get out of town. Also, having it on Thursday would leave Sunday available as a possible backup in case of bad weather.

Friday would not work due to the ENnies.

Wednesday would not work due to people not being in Indy.

So, I will definately plan on this again, but will shoot for Thursday or Sunday for the day of the event. We have a year to plan, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

MrsFickleGM

Explorer
FickleGM said:
I just want to throw out another big THANK YOU to Sidereal Knight and Ben. You were essential for the success of the event (the weather comes in second place).

I think that I will try this again next year (please weather gods, shine on us again). I hope that we can get more people and great weather. I hope to schedule it for a day that would work better for the Costume Contest, so that Xath, Dextra, Hellhound and the Gelflings can have a chance to stop by.

I whole heartedly agree that the event was a blast. Thank you to Sidereal Knight and Ben for helping and scouting out the beautiful site. It was one of the high lights of the con for me!

DaveStebbins

First Post
FickleGM said:
I like Thursday the best, because people aren't trying to get out of town. Also, having it on Thursday would leave Sunday available as a possible backup in case of bad weather.

Friday would not work due to the ENnies.

Wednesday would not work due to people not being in Indy.

So, I will definately plan on this again, but will shoot for Thursday or Sunday for the day of the event. We have a year to plan, so I'll just leave it at that for now.
Thursday might be a problem due to being the actual first day of events and stuff (like the dealer's room). IMO, Sunday morning would be ideal. If people need to leave, they can still stop by and decompress and hang out for a bit. Those who don't need to leave can relax all day. To me, Sunday seems like the best time for a feel-good picnic with friends.

Anyway, no matter which day you pick, I will defintely be there next year to show off my madd Frisbee skillz!

Remove ads