• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Server now running 1.64

valn

First Post
Just wanted to make it obvious to those who don't read the forums much.
The Server has been updated to patch 1.64 and seems to be running well.
I played a few hours last night and didn't have any problems.

I've noticed the system no longer sends you a message when the XP gain is zero. Part of the 1.64 patch, IIRC.

You can now all come back and play!
I don't think Elendiel's found the Crown yet! ;)

youspoonybard

First Post
Also, the CEP 1.5 is available for download; it's supposed to be fully compatible with 1.64. Morrus hasn't said anything, but he'll probably want to update to that as well. It's a big file, so you might want to get it in case.

valn

First Post
Can anyone confirm that electrical traps are broken with 1.64? (or does that depends on the circumstance? could affect other kind of traps too)

Morrus, perhaps you can put a sticky on this thread for maybe a week, so that all the players can see it (if needed)?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dammit, I still haven't got things working, I can't launch NWN at all. The latest i a long line of problems is that is tries to update itself to 1.64 and then tells me it can't do it because there's something wrong. Gah!

valn

First Post
Morrus, did you install a hak like the Prestige Resource Consortium?
If you did, you'll need to run the critical rebuild.

In my case, I had run the 1.62 critical rebuild, but after I patched with 1.64, the program wouldn't work (the starting interface's button didn't have any text and the game crashed anyway if I clicked one of the buttons). So I had to dowload the 1.64 critical rebuild.

(The other problem that I had was that I had made modifications to play a module in french, but I doubt that's your problem. ;) )

If that doesn't work, have a look at the bioware's forums, chances are someone might have the same problems...

Neo

Explorer
Morrus said:
Dammit, I still haven't got things working, I can't launch NWN at all. The latest i a long line of problems is that is tries to update itself to 1.64 and then tells me it can't do it because there's something wrong. Gah!

I had the same messages.. according to bioware it doesnt actually mean there is something wrong it just means the server is busy for the purpose of downloading the update. Took me ages to get it.. first it didnt work, then it kept going to like 25% then i got it once to 50% and after about 8 hours I finally managed to get the whole thing.

Chaz

First Post
I still vote against the Prestige Resource Consortium for what its worth.

That said, Morrus maybe you have to re-install? I hope it doesnt come to that. Id also suggest dowloading the critical update for the version of NWN you have and run that. Best of luck. :)

Peace

valn

First Post
If autoupdater doesn't work, you can always have a look through their FTP servers
ftp.bioware.com
in the NWN, patches section
The critical rebuilds are the .exe files.
For the patches, it's the .zip files, but you have to know which one you need, then you can put it in your nwn folder and run the autoupdater, which should take it from your hardrive...

Remove ads