• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN Worlders at Pax East

HandofMystra

First Post
I have never been to Pax East. It looks like all the non-WoTC-official tabletop games are going to be mustered on site or in the Penyy Arcade forum. Is anyone running anything non-WoTC-official at Pax East. I don't have a lot of prep time but I could see running a Deadlands one sheet, is there interest

Tharian

First Post
This will actually be my first time attending anything PAX related (assuming, of course, that I don't get sent to the West Coast for work activities) so I'm not looking at running anything, but given the complete derth of gaming I've been experiencing of late, I am so looking forward to just about anything going on at PAX East.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We're holding a panel! Show up or we'll cry. Honest.

-- o --

The Rat Bastard's Guide to a Long Campaign

Come see a panel full of game designers talk about rat bastardy tricks, keeping your players involved, and DMing tips for long-term plotting. Most D&D campaigns runs for a year. These panel members have games that average over 12 years, with low player turnover and huge player participation. How come? Panelists include Dorian "Sagiro" Hart (designer on System Shock, Thief, and Bioshock amongst others), Corey "Barsoomcore" Reid (author of "DINO-PIRATES OF NINJA ISLAND"), Chris Perkins (D&D Creative Manager at Wizards of the Coast) and Kevin "Piratecat" Kulp (Lead Designer of at Talkie, and author of adventures such as "Of Sound Mind".) Moderated by Julian "Rabbit" Murdoch of "Gamers With Jobs."

SparqMan

First Post
Ah that's excellent PirateCat -- I didn't see that in my scan of the events. I'll be sure to attend. BTW, the official schedule doesn't include Chris Perkins. I assume he dropped out?

I haven't missed a PAX (Prime or East) since 2007...fortunate enough to go for work. It's always a great vibe and time.

Being the first experimental East version, last year's show was insanely crowded, so hopefully the larger space will ease the hallway burden. But the crowds also overwhelmed the supply of D&D events. There was huge demand to play and lots of people turned away after waiting in line.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Nope, Chris got added after the description was already in. He's great, so I would have trouble being more pleased.

We will be there! I am preping some non D&D games (Happy Birthday Robot!, Savage Worlds Space:1889, Icons, possibly another) to play and I have 3 panels I want to attend. (Including yours PC!) When I am in the RPG area, finding me is easy... look for (probibly) the only 6 month pregnant woman in the bunch! :)

Remove ads