Ends Meat (Boddynock Judging)

Errandir

First Post
Reis lifts his pack from the floor and unties the flap, only to groan in annoyance as half a dozen assorted items tumble out of the disorganized interior. Hastily stuffing various things back in, he pulls out a small pouch that clinks metallically.

Reis opens the pouch and shakes its contents - nine silver coins - out onto the table. "Well, that should make up my share - besides, I don't have any more silver on me, and I'd rather not ask for change on a gold piece right now." He scratches his chin and grins, peering into his pack. "Not to mention that I'm not entirely sure where I keep them." He tosses the empty silver pouch back into his pouch and bends down to close the flap again.

Reis straightens up and looks around expectantly at the other three members of the group.

Walking Dad

First Post
With another sigh, Midias puts two gold coins at the table.

[sblock=OOC]
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 10/10, F +4,R+1,W+4
0 Level: Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
"Thank you. With this I can expedite matters." says Perkiss as he sweeps the coins into the palm of his hand and thence into the pouch at his belt.

"Now, one last thing. Can you distract Sal so that I can leave unnoticed? It would be better if he doesn't know who I talk to."

Perkiss looks around at Sal, who is seated at a table on the other side of the room, eating steadily. The four thugs are ranged around him. They're not eating.

Errandir

First Post
Reis glances at Perkiss dubiously. "What exactly do you mean? Do you want us to go talk to him, or should I try to toss a bread roll at him?" Reis looks from the bun in his hand to Sal and grins.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"We could all walk out. He wont know anyway whom you talk to. And if he sends one of his tugs, we could dispatch him easily." The druid offers.

Walking Dad

First Post
"That sounds like the best course. If he sends not all after us, the better. And if Perkiss doesn't leave alone, he maybe isn't so suspicious." Midias whispers to the others.

[sblock=OOC]
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 10/10, F +4,R+1,W+4
0 Level: Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command
[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis shrugs. "I'm fine with that. To be honest, I think a distraction at this point would be useless. Unless Sal is incredibly unobservant, I'm sure he's already noticed Perkiss conferring with us here."

Boddynock

First Post
"Oh, um ... yes. Sorry."

Perkiss looks sheepish again.

"I suppose I'm still a bit over-cautious. Well, shall we go?"

With that he rises and makes his way out of the inn.

As the party rises to follow him they may notice that Sal's eyes follow them, hard and unblinking. At this point you may recall that he required an answer to his earlier questions. Still, it seems he does nothing other than watch you leave.

Once outside, Perkiss strolls down the road, apparently in no great hurry to get anywhere. As the party follows, he looks from side to side, then says quietly, "Keep your eyes open. I think that was too easy."

Last edited:

Errandir

First Post
Reis looks thoughtful. He glances backwards at the tavern before looking back at Perkiss, but then smiles suddenly. "Well, Holden, how about giving us a tour of the deserted back alleys of the city? I have a suspicion we might meet a certain corpulent merchant if we wait long enough..."

A doubtful frown flickers across Reis' face. "Then again, it's probably more likely that he won't come himself, if he does have us followed." He scratches his chin pensively. "We still might find someone to question. I'll admit it's a risk, though - mercenaries tend to be good at their job."

Reis gives a small shrug. "What do you all think?"

Remove ads