Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Pyrex

First Post
Raner curses under his breath in dwarvish. "Either we've been spotted or Kerwyn has; or possibly both. One o' the two-footed dogs in there has just started shouting for reinforcements."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"We should get back, let Kerwyn come back to us, let their attention fade. I should be able to find something to kill the scent of the next scouts we send in, if we decide we need a second run."

Xael

First Post
"If they have competent guards - or at least someone competent - their attention won't fade for a long time. And why should we go anywhere, I'm quite comfortable in waiting for them to come out instead of us walking into a trap.", Lylamwyn says while readying his crossbow.

Endur

First Post
The Dogs are howling. Hobgoblins are looking all around, but not moving from their current positions. Kerwyn thinks their behavior is peculiar for people who claim they want to surrender.

The great doors to the temple open. Eight hobgoblins (two in heavy armor) come outside and join the two guards outside the temple doors.

Only Lenya can see an old hobgoblin with a staff standing in the doorway.

Kerwyn, Belaver, and Toriah spot a rather large hand high on the door frame.

Attachments

• return cover.jpg
    return cover.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 72

Endur

First Post
Cloudy, dreary day. Light is gloomy.

Kerwyn is approximately 120 feet from the now open Temple doors and the crowd of hobgoblins assembling on the steps below the great doors.

Kerwyn is approximately thirty feet from the hobgoblin sentries hiding in the rubble.

Kerwyn is approximately 200 feet from the rest of the party. The rest of the party can see the great doors. Only Lenya can see Kerwyn and the hobgoblin with a staff standing in the doorway.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“Could be their leader,” Lenya mumbles. “Or their shaman. I just hope Kerwyn is smart enough to come back now... okay, maybe it's time to start with the prayers.”

Endur

First Post
Lenya sees the old hobgoblin with a staff walk out of the doorway.

Everyone sees an ogre exit the Temple, a 9 foot tall, 1000 pound Ogre covered with thick black fur, long arms, and a broad muzzle. The Ogre seems well equipped with claws and teeth. Belaver recognizes the 'ogre' as a Dire Ape.

Lylamwyn casts his Fireball, catching the ten hobgoblin warriors on the stairs (two with heavy armor), the shaman, and the 'Ogre' in the blast radius (dmg 21, shaman save 16+3=19, 'ogre' save 14+6=20). All ten of the hobgoblin warriors are dead or dying. Craven (12+), Raner (4+), Toriah (18+), and Xaod (10+) shoot arrows at the Ogre, Toriah struck the Ogre(dmg 6).

The burned, severely wounded Ogre flees back inside the Temple. Lenya saw the singed Shaman follow the Ogre into the temple.

Kerwyn sees the hobgoblin sentries near the gate duck down back into cover. There is a lot of whining and howling going on. Seeing as the door to the Temple is now open, Kerwyn enters the temple to see what is going on inside.

Kerwyn sees another dozen hobgoblins, half in heavy armor, advancing towards the Temple exit.

Attachments

• Hobgoblin.gif
    Hobgoblin.gif
    171.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Man, these guys here don't seem to know that the guys outside are going to surrender. I guess I'll just have some fun with them, then.
With these thoughts, Kerwyn starts speaking with (what he thinks is) a spooky voice: "I am the GHOST of the TEMPLE and I have come to RECLAIM it from your FOUL brethren! Flee NOW, or feel my WRATH!"
Then he moves so he isn't blocking the doorway so he won't be overrun in case the hobgoblins decide to flee at full charge.

OoC: Guess that's an Intimidate check, so Kerwyn has a +2 bonus. If Bluff is more approriate, Kerwyn's bonus is +6

Remove ads