Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah looks at Xaod in disbelief but represses the urge to say anything. "Jus' 'cause we didn' see anythin' doesn' mean 't won' get 's. Care is a good way t' go."

Endur

First Post
Xaod replies, "Well, then, cautious Toriah, what is your advice? There is only one entrance and there are guards guarding it. How do you recommend we defeat the guards?"

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah shrugs uncomfortably under Xaod's questioning. "If there's some way t' spring their trap withou' us actually in 't, tha' woul' be bes', eh?" He looks at the spellcasters in the group. "Any good ideas hidden away?"

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“I would also be more comfortable to attack them from range, without getting onto their territory,” Lenya agrees.

Endur

First Post
Xaod burps and says, "A most excellent plan, Lylamwyn! I am all for it.
"Fireball the guards. Although we can't see them, if you blast the entrance, you should be able to get them.
"Don't worry about my desire for glory in battle. When the Horde marches out of the temple, I'll have more than enough goblins to fight in melee."

Xael

First Post
"I would like to mention that I only have one Fireball prepared, so I'm not entirely sure if it would be wise to "waste" it on couple of guards, if there are few dozen more waiting for us. It's sometimes good to save a your best tricks for last. I have other long-range spells prepared, though nothing as powerful.", Lylamwyn says, after giving the idea a second thought. "Though that might be a the safest way to clear and get through the entrance. It's two in favour of the Fireball plan at the moment. Any objections?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
"You know, I still have my widget," Kerwyn says, waving around his wand of invisibility, "I could just go in out-of-sight and see if it's worth throwing big explosions, or if I could just knock out a few goblins myself."

Endur

First Post
Kerwyn uses his wand to go scouting and vanishes from the sight of everyone but Lenya.

As he passes through the entrance, Kerwyn realizes that the hobgoblin guards had used the rubble to give themselves a heavily fortified position, cover from those outside the compound, those at the entrance, and even the Temple. Lylamwyn's fireball would have been lucky to singe a single hobgoblin. Kerwyn hears the sounds of several goblins (engaged in a dice game perhaps) and another goblin who is handling two dogs.

Kerwyn also sees the Massive Bronze doors of the Temple entrance. The doors are over twenty feet high and twenty feet wide. Massive broken iron chains hang by the doors. Another pair of hobgoblin guards (these with no cover) are in front of the doors, holding the leash to another pair of dogs.

Kerwyn sees a few more dogs playing tug of war over a bone further in the compound.

The dogs near the entrance to the compound start barking. Their hobgoblin handler calls out, "Bree-Yark?" and pokes his head from cover to look around. The dice game conversation has ended. The Hobgoblin at the entrance to the Temple yells out "Bree-Yark!" as the dogs at the Temple entrance begin to howl.

Kerwyn vaguely remembers hearing in a Tavern from some adventurers who were returning from a Keep on the Borderlands that "Bree-Yark" is goblinish for "We Surrender." Raner, who is a bit further away from the Temple compound and actually speaks goblinish, knows that "Bree-Yark" means "We need Reinforcements".

Last edited:

Remove ads