Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Pyrex

First Post
"Aye, and Spuignor died last week yet he's walking around Homlett today. Just because Lareth died don't mean that isn't him."

Endur

First Post
The barbarian responds, "Alive? What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah shoots a dirty glare at Raner, then realizes he's right and offers a semi-apologetic grimace and shrug. He turns back to the barbarian. "If you're Lareth, an' demons're torturin' you, why woul' they sen' you here where someone"--he glances meaningfully at Raner and Craven--"c'n help you?"

Endur

First Post
Xaod burps, after finishing the bottle Lenya refused, and responds,
"Bah. I reckon Toriah is right. The barbarian is crazy. Raner went to stone school, he didn't take the lessons Craven and I took.
"Miracles only happen to heroes like Spugnoir.
"If a villain dies, his soul gets eaten by the Fiend he worships. The fiend usually tortures them first, sort of like a cook preparing the food, before eating the soul. Villains only come back as souless undead. Ghosts and Vampires and the like."

Endur

First Post
The man who claims to be Lareth responds to Toriah,
"Someone can help me? Again with the false hope.
"Despair is my friend. It keeps hope away. Delays the torture.
"Were I to believe in hope... were I to think that I am alive again...
"This place would instantly cease to exist. I would return to a torture chamber ... or find myself in a sea of lava... or falling down a bottomless pit ... or crushed beneath miles of stone ... or prey for monsters even I can not describe."

Endur

First Post
The barbarian becomes frightened, "Do something about me? I know what you mean, Demon! You are tired of your trickery and ready to continue the torture!

"I'll be back!"

With a look on his face like he fears he is about to dive into a pool of lava, the Barbarian dives into the river and starts swimming down stream.

Endur

First Post
The Temple of St. Cuthbert in the Viscounty of Verbobonc

A stern faced woman in her thirties and wearing the outfit of a member of the Order of the Stars enters the office of the Head of the Church and says with a meek voice, "Your holiness, you wished to see me."

The old man behind the desk replies, "The Order of the Stars has a new task. Canoness Y'Dey has requested aid in Hommlet. She fears that the Temple of Elemental Evil may be rising again, this time with a more subtle plan than before. She desires the aid of an Inquisitor to root out the evil that has infiltrated Hommlet."

The woman replies with an eager look in her face, "To match the strength of my beliefs against the Temple of Elemental Evil. Long have I heard of them, but never have I faced such terrible enemies. Of all in the Order of the Stars, only I would have the necessary willpower to resist their enchantments and see through their illusions. Yet I have my flock and my responsibilities here. My second is not yet capable of filling my position. Would Canoness Y'Dey come here while I look after her flock?"

The old man replies with a sigh, almost as if he had anticipated this request, "I had hoped that the two of you would work together on this task. Canoness Y'Dey has many years experience in fighting evil. There is much you could learn from her."

The woman replies, "My flock is equally important. I will listen to any advice she offers, but I must insist that she takes my place." And the glory from defeating the Temple of Elemental Evil will go to me this time.

The old man replies, "Very well. I will send a note to Canoness Y'Dey that her request for aid has been approved. The Head of the Order of the Stars, the Mother Confessor herself, will come to Hommlet. I will also include orders reassigning Canoness Y'Dey to Verbobonc."

Pyrex

First Post
Raner looks from Toriah to the crazed barbarian rapidly swimming downstream. "Hrmpf, let 'im go. We have enough problems of our own to tend to."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Drinking crusaders, vomiting girls and crazy barbarians - Oh my!"

Kerwyn was first intrigued by the possibility of adding another meatshield to the party, but when the candidate turned out to be into monologuing, he quickly gave up hope.
"So how about we give him some feathers so he can try flying, or rather, sinking instead of swimming?"

Remove ads