Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Craven stares at the man for a moment, wondering what crime deserved so ghastly a punishment. Nevertheless, this was very gruesome, and the man had to come down. "Carefully, he may have been punished for a reason," Craven warns, though he moves forward swiftly to help bring the man down.

Seonaid

Explorer
As they walk, Toriah muses over the truth (or not) of the relationship between the canonness and Otto. "Think 't's true?" he asks Craven.

Toriah is struck dumb by the ghost town. He walks with the others, eyes wide. When the come across the hostel, he glances inside and then turns to the others. "Why don' we stay here?" he starts to ask when Lenya screams. He whirls, hand on his rapier. "Wha'? Wha' is 't?" He looks around rapidly for the threat.

When the come across the crucified barbarian, Toriah shudders delicately. He steps back as the others try to get the man down and fingers his crossbow [OOC: or shortbow].

Endur

First Post
Craven and Raner support the man and lower the cross to the ground.

He still appears to have life in him, although it is readily appearant that he was heavily tortured before being placed on the cross. His skin was torn all over in what must have been the worst scourging imaginable. In some places, bone is exposed.

You hear a faint voice say, "Water."

Removing the hood, you gasp in horror. The injuries that were inflicted on his body were tripled as applied to his face.

The right side of his face is almost totally destroyed. The right side of his face was deliberately disfigured with fire and acid. The right eye was destroyed.

The left side of his face is untouched, not even a bruise. As if the torturer wanted to increase the horror in the viewer, by letting you see the left side of the beautiful face the victim once had and the right side ruin the face had become.

Seonaid

Explorer
From his vantage, Toriah can't see everything clearly, but what he does see makes him glad. He is tempted to turn away but does not out of respect for the barbarian and for his companions who cannot look away.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Craven hurridly gives the man his waterskin, and lays a hand on the man's chest to stop his bleeding and ease his pain slightly. "What's you name?" he asks after the man has drunk.

OOC - Lay on hands for 5 points of healing.

Endur

First Post
After Craven pours water down the man's throat, Raner and Belaver remove the nails pinning the man's hands to the cross.

The man cries out in common, his voice sounding stronger than before and with a strong Northern accent, "Give me a Mirror. I must see what was taken from me."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Calm yourself, you've had a terrible shock. Just wait a moment, get your bearings, sit, rest, and drink more water. Wait before doing that," Craven says with compassion in his voice.

Endur

First Post
Belaver and Craven healed the wounds on the Barbarian's body. Belaver realizes that repairing the barbarian's face would require a miracle (Regeneration).

The barbarian continues speaking, still speaking common with a northern accent, but with a vocabulary greater than the average barbarian
"Wait. You asked my name. Yet you know my name. You called me by my name when you tortured me and laughed at me.
"You are lying to me. Yet I know who you are. It does not matter what face you wear or how kind your words sound or what background surrounds us. I will always recognize my demonic torturers."

Ignoring the protests of Craven and the others, the Barbarian throws Craven and Raner back with superhuman strength and runs over to the river to look at his reflection in the water.

He falls silent while staring at his reflection and his hands run over the ruined side of his face and compare it with the side that was undamaged.

Pyrex

First Post
Raner shakes his head as the man runs toward the river, wondering how long he must have been tortured to no longer even hope for rescue.

Raner follows towards the water, staying about 10' behind him "I don't know what demons ye be referren to, but we aren't them."

Remove ads