• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Milking for power :)

[sblock=Long post hidden]
[sblock=Judge Here]
It's a lvl 1 encounter that already has the ability to do 4d6+con dmg, which is pretty great and has a strong controller vibe.
[/sblock]
Maybe it can happen, not once, but once per round. In this case, it could be ramped up by another 2d6 if AP is spent in initial round 1 character after the caster moves the target and also one before caster's next turn.

I read it as the target does the moving it triggers, but not if the target is forced to move.
We had this discussion before, compared to Dire Radiance which states explicitly 'if the target moves on it's next turn'

In this particular case, since Martelai went last, his AP counts for that round.
:) No matter 4d6+CON is more then enough for enc 1 power. Although, sorcerer can get 3d6+CHA+DEX with same (if I remember correctly checked, it's Frostbind) level and is not dependent on movement. And there are probably more of those...

Is there FAQ section on powers/classes? This looks like it could fit there quite nicely.
[/sblock]

Aren't we waiting for Catein's action(s)?

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Can I go? j/k

re: warlock powers vs. sorcerer powers. I hate to say it, but warlock's are the least damaging of the strikers, but they get their pact boons, and some controller-y stuff. Just like you can't compare the Avalanche Strike of the barbarian (and potentially 6d8+Str of the bugbear wielding the mordenkrad) against the Chains either. Different powers have different effects.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I also left out +3 to damage Atlas grants to those who use AP...hint, hint :)

I'm last in the init order, I'll wait for somebody else...altough it might be smart to move before Kendrick comes to :p

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: I beleive the last person to go was the enemy. Atlas however proposed doing something that would possibly better my attack rolls. So I was waiting so I could roll with the best modifier.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
With a thunderous roar, chains burst forth from the floor of the cavern, grasping at the mage and attempting to pull him towards the broodlord. The chains, however, are not strong enough, and the chainer seems to be weakening as it stumbles across the cavern.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Thunder of Judgment on Mage
...1d20+4=12 Miss by 1!
Move: to I11
[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
Atlas facing the Broodlord alone gathers all his strength and raises his sword but before striking it he slams his foot to the ground, creating a shock wave around him. " looking at the others he yells " Quickly, gather closer to me "

Suddenly golden light starts to swim around him and enters his sword " You will pay for the suffering you have brought upon the these people !". With a mighty swing he strikes the Broodlord with a mighty blow, creating opening in the Broodlords defence.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor Action: Earhshock racial power. Hits fort 17 and knocks it prone...or it just gives CA.
Standard Action: Readies to Use his daily power " Lead the Attack " as soon as many allies possible are within 5 squares. He hits AC 23 and does 23 damage. Everyone within 5 squares get a +4 bonus to hit the Broodlord until the rest of the encounter.
[/sblock]

[sblock=TO ALL - Important!]
The Broodlord now gives combat advantage to all and definitely Catein, Bell and Atlas will get +4 bonus extra to hit the Broodlord. If the others want the bonus as well, they have to be within 5 squares of before he uses it.
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell rushes for the center of the room, feeling the commanding presence of Atlas rush through her body. Like magic. She ignored the mage for now and focused on the creature, letting her anger build up.

This is all that creatures fault. It killed people, and controlled them, and brought us together only to hurt more people, and made me have a really awkward moment with Veruzak who would have made a really neat mentor if he just wasn't so evil!

The thoughts flowed into words, helped along by her innate abilities.

"You sir-thing, are a vile, bulbous, petulant despoiler of the soul! You have no more hold her than a fourth rate bard, drunk of the cheap chuckery of a madman, does over a chamber of lords!"

[sblock=actions]Move to I10.

Rolls
Cutting words vs Broodlord. 20 vs Will. 4 psychic damage.

AP: Cutting words. 24 vs will. 10 psychic damage, including 3 from the ap.

If the creature can be pulled, I pull him 2 each time to J10.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bell]
Bell Jabson: Shadar-Kai Bard 1 (Insubstantial, +2 to all defenses, Possibly Slowed)
Initiative: +2; Speed: 6; Passive Perception: 14; Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18; FRW:13/17/15
HP: 15/25; Surges: 1/8; Surge Value: 6; AP: 0
Languages: Common (Allarian), Imperia
Skills: Arcana +9, Streetwise +8, Perception +4, History +9, Bluff +8, Thievery +6
Str:10 Dex:15 Wis:9 Con:13 Int:18 Cha:16

Powers
Misdirecting Mark, Cutting Word
Focused Sound, Shadow Jaunt, Words of Friendship, Second Wind, Majestic Word 1/2, Sneak Attack
Malevolent Mischief

Full Sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads