Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC]Sure. As soon as I've finished killing Martelai. Uh...[/sblock]

:D Wait until I save, you'll see no more of me in your vicinity :)

Atriden, sorry, I missed that Atlas is dazed too, otherwise would address only Catein. Thanks for the healing

IC:
With head still buzzing from mage's cacophony bolt, Martelai tries to focus while clashing actions fly through his mind: "blast the mage...curse the mage...blast the broodlord...ouch, blast Kendrick out of his bloody mind"

He finally makes full circle and chains of Levistus snake toward the mage enveloping him and leeching off the heat from his body.

"Move that mage however you can!"

[sblock=If AP may be used while dazed]
OOC: I'm not sure if dazed prevents me from using AP. If not use Cutting Words

"I remember you and your crew, you're so pathetic you were known as Sea COWS!"
Mage, even mindless as he is, is pulled by the magic of the words toward Martelai. The chains pulse in reaction to his movement, taking ever more heat into interstellar space.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Curse at Kendrick (not warlock curse, just plain old swearing, withheld from IC post for decency sake

Standard: Chains of Levistus (1d20+3=20 vs. Fort, 2d6+3=10 cold)

AP: Cutting Words (1d20+4=21, 1d8+4=6 psychic). Pull mage to J6 and deal additional Cold damage from Chains of Levistus (2d6=7)

Save: Save (1d20=11) WOOHOO!
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
DM: Could you add some info about the monsters. In particular:
1. Do members of the swarms resemble overlord or look more like immature hiveguards?
2. Does overlord have feelers that might cause wounds we saw on the guards?
3. Is this Hiveguard same as spider like creature we fought in the cabin?
4. Do any of THEM have glowing legs we saw in the cabin?

I'm sorry if I ask something already said, I'm little bit swamped at the moment.

Also, advance warning: December 18,19 and 20th I'm on team building outing, most probably without 'net access.
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Answers]
DM: Could you add some info about the monsters. In particular:
1. Do members of the swarms resemble overlord or look more like immature hiveguards?
2. Does overlord have feelers that might cause wounds we saw on the guards?
3. Is this Hiveguard same as spider like creature we fought in the cabin?
4. Do any of THEM have glowing legs we saw in the cabin?

I'm sorry if I ask something already said, I'm little bit swamped at the moment.

1. They more resemble the hiveguard. However, insect-like creatures to undergo metamorphosis, so what they look like now isn't necessarily indicative of what they will become.
2. Not that you can see, but no one's gotten close enough to be sure.
3. Yes.
4. They are not currently glowing.

I don't think I've already said any of the above, although I probably should have. And you can spend an AP while dazed.[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
Atlas grabs his sword on the ground and rushes past Bell and Catein. " Leave them alone " he yells as he fearlessly charges the Broodlord but sadly his sword bounces of the Broodlord as his sword connects with its skin.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor Action: Picks up his sword
Move Action: Moves to J8
Standard Action: Charges Broodlord. Hits AC 16 and does not hit.
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Neurotic said:
Atriden, sorry, I missed that Atlas is dazed too, otherwise would address only Catein. Thanks for the healing
NP ;)
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Flames coalesced down the wizards hand, and as he threw the eldritch fire, Static, the door, and Static... Veruzak slammed the door.

On the exterior the tattooed face of the eladrin appeared glazed over, face expressionless, eyes listless, jaw slack. Blood trickled steadily out his nose, and he'd begun crying crimson tears, streaking the purple runes of his face in red. The once rigid shoulders slumped, as if he would topple over if a strong wind blew.

Inside the intrepid wizards mind was a differing story altogether.

After slamming the door closed Veruzak quickly flipped the bolt, locking out the mental advances of the psychic beast. Taking in the majestic Lignum Vitae of his sitting room,
*Well, it's better in here than out in that damnable static. Wonder if I hit the target? I'll have to come up with a way to cancel that ambient mess outside. I'll have a room with this wood outside one day...* Veruzak turned around in the waiting room of his mind, letting his hand caress the velvet fabric of his high backed waiting chair. *A short trip to the Happy Place ought to help me clear my thoughts and come up with something.* Taking out a jangling and comically large set of keys, eladrin fingers delicately selected one key, with a heart for a handle. With three quarter turns left, and seven quarter turns right, Veruzak unlocked the door again, and opened it to his paradise...

[sblock=OOC]

Dazed Action, Standard, Scorching Burst area burst 1 centered on M9 13 vs Reflex is a miss...

Save vs Dazed is a fail...

[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Stupid IC]IC's down. I think I'm using that other dice roller correctly.[/sblock]

In response to Atlas's attack the immobile creature emanates palpable waves of psychic feedback, but the warlord stands firm.

The mage takes a step away and flings another bolt, this time at Catein. It glances off the strange construct's shoulder, burning slightly, but not as bad as it could have been.

[sblock=Status]Initiative:
Bell (15/25)
Kendrick (27/31, dominated)
Veruzak (16/20, dazed (save ends))
Catein (6/27, bloodied)
Broodlord (-15)
Mage (-27, bloodied)
Atlas (14/26)
Martelai (17/28)

The Broodlord misses Atlas by 1.

The Mage shifts to K6 and successfully casts Magic Missile at Catein, dealing an amazing 6 damage.

Rolls. The link shows two rolls against Atlas because I was an idiot, but the lower roll was the first one.[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]Broodlord:
AC 18 | Fort 16 | Reflex 14 | Will 17
HP: 76. Resist 5 Psychic
MBA: None.
Mental Feedback: Any adjacent creature who hits the Broodlord with an attack takes 3 psychic damage.
Immobile: The Broodlord cannot move or be moved. Ever.

Mage:
AC 17 | Fort 13 | Reflex 14 | Will 15
HP: 42
MBA: +4 vs AC, 1d8 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Info]The disgusting ponds of goo have no effect. They are too shallow and not sticky enough to hinder you in any way.

However, whenever you start your turn adjacent to a red wall (corners don't count) it makes an attack at +4 vs Will. On a hit, you are slowed and grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Enc2_round4.jpg
    Enc2_round4.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 70

Remove ads