[EnWorld Book Club] Next Selection: The Club Dumas.

shadoe

First Post
I just got my wife a copy of this in spannish, and it arrived yesterday, so she will be starting it today. I have to finish the book that I am reading, so that I can start rereading the english version for this. :cool:

CCamfield

First Post
Hey all, sorry I can't join in, as my copy is in a box in Toronto and I am in Japan. Thought I'd interject with the additional factoid that The Fencing Master was also made into a movie in Spain in 1992. Never seen it - unfortunately I missed an opportunity to watch it some years ago, ironically for a swashbuckling roleplaying game session. :(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104788/

I will probably lurk in this thread and read your comments. Personally I loved this book very much.

shadoe

First Post
I just finished rereading the book last night, it was better than I remembered it being. I guess I have just seen the Nineth Gate movie or parts of it too many times too recently to keep them entirely seperate, but I should be good to go for the discussion on the 15th. :cool:

Berandor

lunatic
I'm almost through. Is it wrong if I imagine Corso as Johnny Depp and Irene as Emmanuelle Seigner? I hope not. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads