• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enworld Saved my Life!

Salad Shooter

First Post
Okay, so that might be an exaggeration, but Enworld at least saved me a large repair bill. I live in an area that gets snow. Now, we had lots of slush and stuff. Remembering a post made a week or two ago, about downshifting instead of breaking hard on such stuff, I did so...finally hitting first gear, I braked and skidded to the light. If I hadn't downshifted and slowed, I would have gone straight through the light into traffic...yay enworld!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Antilock brakes keep your front wheels from locking up, so you can still steer and brake at the same time. If you are moving too quickly on a slick surface, antilock brakes will still have you sliding forward due to excess momentum.

It is my considered opinion that a great many people get into accidents in poor weather specifically because they expect the technological gizmos (like antilock brakes, or four-wheel drive) to save their bacon. Instead, they should be driving as if the gizmos weren't going to save them. The gizmos should be your last line of defense, not your first.

Staffan

Legend
Don't you have winter tyres over in the US? Here in Sweden, you have to get a second set of tyres to use in winter (technically, you don't have to use them unless it's snowy and stuff), that's adapted for use on icy roads.

Remove ads