• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENworld very slow...

Shadowsong666

First Post
Hi folks,

just a quick question (or information for the staff maybe):
Any other EU folks here having problems with ENworld? Since 2-3 days ENworld needs about 15-24 seconds to respond to an action (reloading page, editing post etc.) and this really is a very bad performance compared to other boards i visit (yeah, bigger ones too).

Is that a problem with me living in the EU (germany)? Usually i do not have a problem with other sites in the US (IGN, WoTCs homepage) just work totally fine.

Too much traffic on ENworld? Any change coming (its obamamania,right?)? New server farm? :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not sure what's causing it - we are gettng slammed by traffic right now, so that could be it.

Michael Morris

First Post
Not sure what's causing it - we are gettng slammed by traffic right now, so that could be it.

The page redirects being turned on is not helping matters. Since their being on is a default status you may also wish to make sure the damn thing isn't sending no-cache headers (a huge no-no on a site this large).

CM and ENWorld being on separate servers would help from at least a redundancy standpoint.

BTW, again, please edit the postbit_legacy template and remove the conditional that provides my "technical administrator" badge. I don't want anyone getting the idea that this slow down is in any way my responsibility or fault.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We've been slashdotted. 4000+ plus online right now. It will ease off in a day or so.

BTW, again, please edit the postbit_legacy template and remove the conditional that provides my "technical administrator" badge. I don't want anyone getting the idea that this slow down is in any way my responsibility or fault.

I've no idea how you did this, Mike, or how to undo it. If you can PM or email me and let me know, I'll sort that out.

So is CM coming back any time soon?

It was down overnight while I optimized tables. It has been back since this morning my time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads