• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EOM... dead or alive?

Tuerny said:
As an aside, my brother goes to Emory university too.

He is just about to graduate from the Oxford campus.

Oh, what's his name? If he's graduating Oxford this year, he oughta be at the main campus this fall. Tell him to look up the Psi Phi club.

And to everyone concerned with the FAQ, I've been talking with Matt (Cyberzombie) Blakeley. We hit on a bit of a conundrum. We want to update for 3.5e, and also make a few actual revisions rather than simple errata. Basically, we want to improve the quality overall, which requires a bit more than could be accomplished with just answering a few FAQs. Indeed, we already have all the text written for a FAQ/errata index. But it doesn't address the changes we want to make.

When we come out with EoM2, we want to make it as smooth and easy to play as possible, which requires some changes to spell lists and such. We're still trying to figure out an exact plan of action (I'm in favor of releasing the changes in a 40-page or so free pdf; enough for owners of the book to use, and to entice those who don't have it, without giving away the whole package).

Elements of Magic is very much alive. *cue Dr. Frankenstein* It's alive!

We just need to figure out what to do with a few of the extraneous bodyparts. I'll post more in a few hours, once I eat lunch and try to reset my sleep cycle.

Lalato

Adventurer
Thanks for the heads up... The pdf sounds like a good idea.

and by the by... I have an old friend that's a grad student at Emory (studying English)...

--sam

CCamfield

First Post
Well, speaking personally, I'd rather see an EoM2 which is self-contained rather than an extensive "patch" file.

I bought EoM and only then looked in these boards to find out that people thought there were problems with it. That rapidly dampened my enthusiasm. If there is going to be any nod (discount or free replacement) towards previous buyers of EoM for EoM2, that would be fantastic.

Chris

Cyberzombie

Explorer
We're going to have a short FAQ/Errata out asap. This will be free.

We'll have a 3.5 update of EoM out as soon as possible after that. It will also include updated and corrected material from the original product. This will also be free.

We will then have a new book that will feature all new material. You'll have to pay for this one, but it will be worth it. :D

masque

First Post
Cyberzombie said:

We'll have a 3.5 update of EoM out as soon as possible after that. It will also include updated and corrected material from the original product. This will also be free.

We will then have a new book that will feature all new material. You'll have to pay for this one, but it will be worth it. :D

I'll be honest. I really despise having to flip back and forth between two PDFs. Wouldn't it be just as easy to update the EoM file itself and use the features at RPGnow to distribute it to previous buyers?

masque

First Post
Cyberzombie said:

I'll be honest. I really despise having to flip back and forth between two PDFs. Wouldn't it be just as easy to update the EoM file itself and use the features at RPGnow to distribute it to previous buyers?

torem13

First Post
If you are making changes may I make a suggestion and change biomatter to Nature. I think there was another person to come up with this change, but I thought I would mention it.

One other minor thing, I know the necromancy spells are gone, but you have a way to control and rebuke undead. How does a mage create undead?

I am going to try to run a mage in a upcoming game. I look forward to the FAQ/patch/update. What I've seen so far is a great product that I believe will keep getting better.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
masque said:

You won't have to flip back and forth between the two. The changes are going to be extensive enough that we're just re-doing the sections that need changes: the concepts & definitions, the mage class, the skills, and the spell lists. The changes for D&D 3.5 necesitate enough changes that we are simply re-doing those sections. The book will contain all the information necessary.

Biomatter will change to Nature. I can't believe I didn't think of the name. :p I spent a couple hours trying to name the element, and I didn't spot the simplest name of all.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Lalato said:
I would also change the Bard. That class is currently more underpowered than the PHB Bard.

--sam

It'll have to change, anyway. The Bard is one of the most-changed classes for 3.5, so our version will have to change.

Remove ads