D&D (2024) Epic Boon Balance

Stalker0

Legend
At those levels, a single passed save is probably worth more than half your HPs, especially for the d6 per level crowd. We need to not evaluate these in the context of regular play but only in the context of 20th level play. The recovery one is likely the weakest of the three you posted. Being able to avoid all OAs is a big deal for some characters (including offensively to get through walls of meatshields to get to your target), and you DO NOT want to be grappled or restrained at 20th.
I have to agree.

At high levels, actions are everything. The fact that I can disengage as a bonus action and not spend my precious precious action, is gold. The fact I can greak out of a grapple and restrained AUTOMATICALLY (which are quite common at these levels) is pure gold. And this one has no per day requirements. Your facing that grappling monster you can do this every single round.

Epic luck: You get an extra +5.5 to a save or an attack every fight. That is often the difference between making a save (which would have mindcontrolled you, banished you to another plane, might have straight up killed you) and passing it, and you get to decide after you roll. Pure gold.

Yes the epic heal one is quite good, but I personally don't think it outshines the other ones. Physical damage is not always the most threatening thing at high levels, conditions often really shape the combat. Anything that lets you bypass conditions is very strong at those levels.

leozg

DM
How was a comment based on the evidence that almost no one plays selfish? I asked what the proper level of design attention is to systems that will see little to no play
You tried to diminish the importance of the discussion and the attention that high levels ahould get based on the assumption that no one ever plays high level campaigns, probably because you don't. I do, so please let the discussion go on so I can benefit from it. Let's be more inclusive. If the discussion is giving too much attention to something you think that should not, remember that some players may find it useful and just skip it.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
You tried to diminish the importance of the discussion and the attention that high levels ahould get based on the assumption that no one ever plays high level campaigns, probably because you don't. I do, so please let the discussion go on so I can benefit from it. Let's be more inclusive. If the discussion is giving too much attention to something you think that should not, remember that some players may find it useful and just skip it.
No, I still don't understand what the appropriate amount of time for designers to spend on 20th level play is.

I asked a question, honestly.

leozg

DM
But Tier 4 only sees about 4% of total play. Why should it get the level of attention of things that every player experiences?

This is where my confusion comes from
Because there is a lot of problems in high levels and maybe this is the reason why many players keep their campaigns in low level tier.

Remove ads