• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Epic Boon of Fate

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
Just got to the Epic Boon of Fate in the playtest. What the actual hell!
When another creature within 60ft of you fails a d20 Test, you can roll 2d4 and apply the total rolled as a bonus or penalty to the d20 roll.

The creature has all ready failed the test, why are you adding a penalty. Now if it said, "When another creature within 60ft rolls a d20 Test..." being able to add a penalty makes sense. Unless they are planing on having plenty of ways for monsters/npcs to boost their rolls when they fail a test, what's even the point.

Just got to the Epic Boon of Fate in the playtest. What the actual hell!

The creature has all ready failed the test, why are you adding a penalty. Now if it said, "When another creature within 60ft rolls a d20 Test..." being able to add a penalty makes sense. Unless they are planing on having plenty of ways for monsters/npcs to boost their rolls when they fail a test, what's even the point.
I like to kick the poor enemy when they are down... you faile dthe save by 3... roll 2d4 and now you failed by 8

Amrûnril

Adventurer
To me, this looks like a simple editing error. I assume one draft version of the feat worked only as a bonus to friendly rolls, while another version also gave the option to apply a penalty to opposing rolls. In preparing the playtest document, someone changed the effect from the former version to the latter but forgot to change the trigger condition to match.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
To me, this looks like a simple editing error. I assume one draft version of the feat worked only as a bonus to friendly rolls, while another version also gave the option to apply a penalty to opposing rolls. In preparing the playtest document, someone changed the effect from the former version to the latter but forgot to change the trigger condition to match.
Yes, in the previous Cleric UA, it said “makes a d20 test.” It looks like they changed it to “fails a d20 test” but forgot to remove the “or penalty” part.

Remove ads