• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Cinematic (Recruiting)

Jemal

Adventurer
btw, Vertex -
feral half ogre (SS p.116&217 LA+2) human, Swordsage13/Fighter4/Warblade2/Master of Nine5/bloodclaw Master2/Sorcerer1/Crusader1.
You better hope Albedo isn't using Multiclass xp penalty rules, or you have an 80% XP penalty (Your faoured class is barbarian, your highest is swordsage, you have 4 (fighter, warblade, sorceror, crusader) base classes that are not your favoured nor are they within 2 level of your highest.

Jemal

Adventurer
Vertexx69 said:
Would adding a monks belt (+5 monk lvls for unarmed dmg, or 1 step) raise that 4d8 to 6d8?

DMG page 208: THe damage for a monk's unarmed strike does not increase after 16th level

Vertexx69

First Post
Jemal said:
btw, Vertex -
You better hope Albedo isn't using Multiclass xp penalty rules, or you have an 80% XP penalty (Your faoured class is barbarian, your highest is swordsage, you have 4 (fighter, warblade, sorceror, crusader) base classes that are not your favoured nor are they within 2 level of your highest.

Still human as well, and that says your first class becomes your favored class. And I'm thinking about dropping fighter down to 3, then there would be no xp penalty since all but favored class (swordsage) are within 2 lvls.

@ Avalon - um you can't even keep up to date with the 1 epic game we are in together now, and you want to get into another?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Half ogre isn't a template that's added to a base race, it's a race itself, like half-elf or half-orc.
Also technically half-ogres are giants and thus not applicable for the feral template.

Albedo

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
His base claw dmg is 2d6 (Large sized feral creature) or 3d6 with improved natural weapon. So if I took the "beast stirke" feat (lets you add your unarmed strike damage to claw/slams) I'd be dealing 4d6+4d8+X per hit? Its their starting point for unarmed progression. Every single DM I have ever played with counted Natural weapons as both armed and unarmed attacks. Is it specifically coevered somewhere in 3.5? In 3.0 it was covered in Sword-n-Fist that natural attacks counted as having Imp. Unarmed Strike.

Would adding a monks belt (+5 monk lvls for unarmed dmg, or 1 step) raise that 4d8 to 6d8?

I know theres a feat in either Cwar or Cadv that lets you apply the enh bonus from armor to touch AC. But I can't remember the reqs for it. Would someone please post it?

k, your miss reading into what they count for. Saying a natural attack counts as improved unarm strike only applies to the idea that you don't take attack os opportunity or deal subduel damage, despite not having a weapon. You don't replace claw damage for unarmed strike damage, even if you are a monk for example (if it worked that way, that beast strike feat you commented on wouldn't make any sense at all). Heres the easy break down. Unarmed Strikes are Natural Attacks. Natural Attacks are NOT Unarmed Strikes.

btw, you could theoretically improve your unarmed damage even further by taking improved natural weapon, which would apply after superior unarmed strike, though I cap the size increase to theoretical collosal (so you could take it 3 times, since you are already large).

Albedo

First Post
Jemal said:
Fiendish arms doesn't give you extra arms, they replace your existing arms.
Hmm, they do give extra claw attacks, but I'd be willing to forgo those, I'm really just looking for the +8 strength.

Jemal, Fiendish arms DO NOT replace limbs. They are the only graft in the FF that doesn't state they do, which is why they are outlawed.

Albedo

First Post
Walking Dad:
The first 2 feats, I have no problem with you taking, they are not overpowered in any ways shape or form, and they are pretty much the reason I didn't outright ban the concept of a those feats right off the bat. The other two I am sketchy on, but I have been thinking about warlocks today at work (where I do my best thinking :p) and it occured to me that I don't actually mind the concept of the eldrich blast being considered a weapon for this camapaign, with a few stipulations.

First off, if you were to use your Eldrich blast itself as a weapon, I would like you to redesign it to more of a natural attack than a spell, if you get my drift. Lets see if you can get creative with it.

Second, I would need to restrict what things you could append to it. This goes towards that fourth feat you posted, Lord of All Essences [Epic]. I would allow this feat if you take your Eldrich blast as the way I suggest, but only if you don't use any invocations paired with your eldrich blast that cause any "save or" effects. Direct Damage only. If the save or is a minor effect, I may let it pass, but I will goe over your invocations you pick and see if any don't work. If I don't restrict them, you'll just be a full caster essentially, and I'm trying to shy away from that.

Dark Transient is out. I just don't like that one, sorry.

Shadowmaster will only be allowed if you flat out promise I will never see you use the shadow conjuration ability in combat against anything other than mooks.

I hope this will make you character fit better in the setting. Let me know what you think.

Albedo

First Post

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads