• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Cinematic (Recruiting)

Shayuri

First Post
I'm thinking perhaps:

Scout 20, Beastmaster 10

I seem to recall there's a feat that adds 5' to the distance you can "step" as in a 5' step. Letting you step 10' and still make a full attack. I'll have to dig it up, but if it exists would it be allowed? I can't see it being any worse than the Feral template for a mere +1 ECL (gee...that or Tiefling? I wonder... :)), or Half Ogre for +2 (which seems the reasonable one, since Races of Destiny is the only 3.5 source listed I believe). Basically, it would let me take advantage of being a 2 weapon fighter, but still give me the skirmish bonus.

If not, that's cool too.

With the Natural Bond feat, this character would have a 16th level 'primary' animal companion...probably an advanced Dire Wolf.

I might add some Ranger into the mix...but I like the scout abilities...hate to lose 'em.

Avalon®

First Post
Shayuri,

You could use that feat that allows you to stack levels of scout and ranger for determining levels of skirmish and favored enemy.

Also, the 10' step is not a feat but an item. It's called sparring dummy of the master or something like that. It's found in the Arms and Equipment Guide.

Shayuri

First Post
Really? Poot.

Not only is it a 3.0 source, but it seems kind of silly for an item. Seems much more featish!

Ah well. It was a cool idea. There are others though...oh yes. There are always others...

Oh, also, I'm aware of the ranger/scout stacker feat, but I like the high-end class features of the scout a lot. Blindsight, freedom of movement, etc... Hate to lose 'em. Still, the calculus of class levels is not yet complete. It may well swing that way...

Walking Dad

First Post
There is also a stance in Tomb of battle that allows you top make a second 5 foot step in a round.
It would cost 3 Feats (2 White Raven Maneuvers and one Stance) or one level multiclassing into Warblade or Crusader.

Albedo

First Post
Shayuri

I don't know if you have access to it, but the Abolisher class from Lords of Madness is the only class I have ever seen that increases the level of ALL the beastmaster animal companions.

Vertexx69

First Post
All this knitpicking over the half-ogre TEMPLATE part of a concept that "THE DM HAS ALREADY SAID WAS OK" is really pissing me off, so I'm going a different direction.

[sblock=DM only]I would like to know the LA for the "Monster of Legend" template.

the "Monster of Legend" template is just good stat bonuses, +3 save bonus, a minor special attack, and 2 moderate special qualities. I'd be choosing 5th caster lvl, greater natural attack and immunities (acid & mind effecting). As a basis for comparison it only has a CR mod of +2 while the feral template (LA+1) has a CR mod of +4. (I personally consider this
on the same lvl as the half celestial/fiend templates. Except that I have to choose between Immunities, dmg reduction, darkvision or spell resistance instead of getting them all and only minor spell casting instead of huge spells at higher HD. Plus no wings or resistances, for better stats.)

My base race is human with the feral template making him a monstrous humanoid. So that my class combo (give or take a couple levels) would still work.

On another topic, can we purchase permenant spell effects?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Dude, there's no point in taking something like this personally. If you've allready spoken to the DM seperately and he's ok'd it, maybe you should've stated that earlier, I just hadn't seen such a statement in the thread.

As Epic games are a lot of work for the players, they're even MORE so for the DM, he has to look at and keep track of a lot of things, thus the other players in the game will usually step in and point out any inconsistancies they see, which is precisely what I did. I still don't understand where you're getting the template part from, as it's a Race in both Savage Species and Races of Destiny, and the DM had stated he's only allowing hardcover sources (Cystalkeep references Dragon Magazine #313, which is the only other version of half-ogre i'm aware of, but I don't have access to the mag, and it isn't hardcover),
But all that is moot if the DM's allready said OK, so like I said earlier, why wouldn't you just have told us 'he said it's ok' instead of getting ticked off?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads