• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D 3.5: The Eye of Profane Truth [full]

Shayuri

First Post
As I understand it, a fiendish servant gets precisely what the Blackguard class description says it gets, based on your Blackguard level...much the same as a paladin's mount.

Even though its HD may increase, no changes are made to it beyond those specified in the class description. Thus it doesn't increase in size (with attendent increases in stats and so on). See also the druid's animal companion for related rulings.

Edit: Increases in HD -do- lead to possible new feats (1 per 3 HD) and stat increases (+1 to a single stat per 4 HD) and skill points (by creature type modified by it's Int score).

Azaar

Explorer
I did feats and skill points, but I saw nothing about stat increases in the MM, so I left that out.

Anyway, Gabriel is finished and in the RG -- I still have almost a million gp left to spend, but I wasn't entirely certain what to spend it upon. I'd love to finish up Nethien tr'Khellan (the drow bladesinger whose latest build is extremely interesting), but he won't make the deadline. I may still stat him up, though, just for fun.

Rkhet

First Post
It's time. Four posts in the RG, which I suppose makes this easier.

Players: Wrahn, Kafkonika, Azaar, Shayuri.

Now: polish up your characters, peeps. I want everything down and legal. You have one week.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rkhet said:
It's time. Four posts in the RG, which I suppose makes this easier.

Players: Wrahn, Kafkonika, Azaar, Shayuri.

Now: polish up your characters, peeps. I want everything down and legal. You have one week.
Bottom :heh: , if i had realised that I had to post my character in the RG to be in the game, I would have :(

Nevermind I hope you guys have fun.

Azaar

Explorer
Not sure if anyone's looked at him for kicks, but some advice on making tweaks to Gabriel would be nice. This is actually my first epic-level build, and I'm rather impressed in some ways with how things worked out. But with almost a million gp left to spend, I have to wonder if perhaps I could tweak it a little better with equipment, or possibly swap a feat out here or there.

Rkhet

First Post
I have never played a warlock, myself, so I have no idea how to build one. I will say, though, that the class seems rather weak at lvl30. Sure, you get unlimited use of your abilities, but your damage output just isn't all that great, and your versatility is far behind the primary casters, too. You'll need a lot of scrolls, wands and the like to make up for that.

Also, at epic levels, you shouldn't rely too much on DC-based effects. Saves increase much more easily than DCs, so anything DC based will fail most of the time.

+28 ranged touch isn't good. You probably shouldn't be using combat expertise.

I'm guessing you went for Blackguard 5 for the fiendish servant. Probably not a good idea. It won't be much help in combat. I'd say leave off at 2.

Your epic feats choices are all wrong. Seriously. Read the epic feats list again and re-pick them.

Here's an idea, Polymorph Any Object into a Choker, get Assume Supernatural Ability from Savage Species, and you've got an extra partial action per round.

Rkhet

First Post
It's true that the party is a bit light in the melee department. What do you think, guys? Do you need a meatshield or two?

Remove ads