• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D 3.5: The Eye of Profane Truth [full]

Wrahn

First Post
Kafkonia,

I think your HPs are wrong:

5d8 + 2d6 + 10d8 + 10d6 + 3d? + 150
32 + 9 + 60 + 45 +.75(3x?)+ 150 = 296 + .75(3x?)

Unless the Shadow Sentinel's hit dice is 23.55 then I think you were off in your HP calculation.

Rkhet

First Post
Wrahn said:
I have a question. I had assumed that your maximum rank in a skill was bound by total HD +3, but when looking to support that with the rules I saw total character level +3 (total character level = LA + HD). I think the rules assume HD + 3 (as all monsters are bound that way) but what do I know.

HD+3 it is.

Kafkonia

First Post
Wrahn said:
Kafkonia,

I think your HPs are wrong:

5d8 + 2d6 + 10d8 + 10d6 + 3d? + 150
32 + 9 + 60 + 45 +.75(3x?)+ 150 = 296 + .75(3x?)

Unless the Shadow Sentinel's hit dice is 23.55 then I think you were off in your HP calculation.

Shadow Sentinel's HD is 10, so that's +22 or 23 depending on how you round. And then there's the Improved Toughness, which is +1 HP per HD, so that's another +30, making for +52 or +53, and 348/349 total.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, so ninja (or monk belt) would grant the Cha to AC, but not the +1 per 5 levels monk AC bonus, in conjunction with the Ascetic Mage feat is how I'm reading you. Lemme know if that's wrong. :)

V.2.1 coming up.

Rkhet

First Post
Shayuri said:
Okay, so ninja (or monk belt) would grant the Cha to AC, but not the +1 per 5 levels monk AC bonus, in conjunction with the Ascetic Mage feat is how I'm reading you. Lemme know if that's wrong. :)

V.2.1 coming up.

Exactly.

Wrahn

First Post
Kafkonia said:
Shadow Sentinel's HD is 10, so that's +22 or 23 depending on how you round. And then there's the Improved Toughness, which is +1 HP per HD, so that's another +30, making for +52 or +53, and 348/349 total.

I counted improved toughness in the +150 ((+4 for con +1 for improved toughness) x 30)

Kafkonia

First Post
Wrahn said:
I counted improved toughness in the +150 ((+4 for con +1 for improved toughness) x 30)

I've looked over my calculations, and it turns out I have 30 points I can't account for... I'll correct it.

Wrahn

First Post
I think for the most part, there aren't any glaring errors in your character Kafkonia, we all make little mistakes, which is why it is good to have others look over your character.

Ferrix

Explorer
Do anyone have suggestions for equipment, feats, stat arrangement, for my character?

Killoren Druid 17/Warshaper 3/Master of Many Forms 10
Feats so far: Alertness, Endurance, Multiattack, Improved Multiattack, Flyby Attack, Fast Wild Shape, Fine Wild Shape, Colossal Wild Shape, Legendary Tracker, Improved Elemental Wild Shape. I've got a non-epic feat that hasn't been chosen yet.

Also, Rkhet, the Master of Many Forms gains a Fast Wild Shape ability, I was wondering if that would stack with the Fast Wild Shape feat and potentially allow him to shift as a Swift action instead of a Move Action or if it's redundant.

They've really made wild shape annoying with the new polymorph rules (any thoughts on that Rkhet? They nerfed it pretty seriously with the silly rule that the Constitution change doesn't affect your HP's).

Azaar

Explorer
... okay, so the drow bladesinger idea isn't as dead as I thought.

Rhket: I know drow have light blindness in their stat writeup, but given our circumstances, should that apply in this instance? If so, that's fine and I'll deal -- just wanted to ask about it.

Also -- assuming I spend the two feats for it with this drow bladesinger, I'm thinking of having a magical elven thinblade (as per Complete Warrior, p. 158) -- an Exotic Weapon Proficiency for it, since it's an exotic weapon, and Weapon Focus for it, so that I can qualify that way unless Weapon Focus (rapier) would be sufficient to still have that bonus. It's considered a rapier-like weapon in the description, but I want to be certain I could use it and still get the benefits of bladesong style. That will be one expensive weapon when I purchase it, given the customizing I'm considering for it.

Last edited:

Remove ads