• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D 3.5: The Eye of Profane Truth [full]

Voidrazor

First Post
Wrahn said:
Voidrazor:

I think your wisdom should be 42

You need to move around a couple of your feats:
24 Cleric bonus feat Multispell
27 Improved Metamagic

Your HP should be 450 (you forgot the max at first level)
There is nothing wrong with your staff, it only is enchanted on one end
I haven't checked but I don't think you have access to all the spells you are making permanent on yourself. You will need to get those scrolls, also be aware that the caster level on those is relatively low.
Persistant Improved Blink makes you move at 3/4 speed (see pg 155 of CDiv)

Caster level is 31 (thanks to Ioun stone) duration of spells doesn't reflect that

5 +5 Inherent books, not 4 (I think you meant to make strength +4 Inherent bonus)
I am not sure where the +5 Enhancement bonus to AC is coming from
You paid for a +12 Enhancement to wisdom, only listed as +10
Is there something I am missing with the selection of Dire Charge as a feat.

Thanks for the catches.

I had been going with a +10 Periapt of Wis. When I upped it back to +12 I forgot to mark it.

I'm missing the reason why the feats need switched. But adding the Hierophant levels probably changes to equation anyway.

Luckily, I really only need one end of the quarterstaff. The plan is to use it two-handed to thwack stuff rather than using the double weapon aspect of it.

Scroll costs, HP, spell durations, and Cha (the other +4 book) have been updated.

I think I can live with the movement reduction from Improved Blink. The 20% miss chance seems really big when most the critters will have a +90 or so attack bonus.

Dire Charge, upon further review, doesn't seem worth it. If it gave full attack on every charge rather than just the first, that might be different.

The +5 Enhancement bonus to AC is from Magic Vestment.

rkhet said:
Nerfin' time.

Spikes is now 1 round/level, as per Spell Compedium (which is, otherwise, still not an allowed source).

Holy Star cannot be Persisted, according to FAQ, because dischargeable spells cannot be Persisted.

On twinking, if you squeeze in three levels of Hierophant, you'd have one less Epic feat, but three more feats to spend. It's a good deal.

39 scrolls of Shapechange is a bit overkill.

Buy a Nightstick. It gives you four more turning attempts to play with.

You should Divine-Persistant more spells. Especially Greater Visage of the Deity. Having it on 24 hours per day will grant you extra spells, unlike the quickened version.

Other than that, yeah, what Wrahn said.

Yep, Spikes definitely deserves the nerf bat. That and Holy Star are 2 more things that'll go on the Time Stop quickened buff list. I hope enemies that use your Time Stop stealing trick won't be too prevalent. It really messes up my char's game plan. Once in a while would be kinda amusing tho.

Hierophant=good idea! I was leary about losing an epic feat. But , yeah its a good deal.

I trimmed the number of Shapechange scrolls. But not too much. I'm hoping to have it on most of the time, and at 17th caster level it last a little less than 3 hrs.

That reminds me, what items/spells would be shut off by assuming Zodar form?

Already had a Nightstick. That's something I wouldn't forget. ;)

I added a couple more persistent spells. MMmmm beefy.

Wrahn

First Post
Voidrazor

Improved Metamagic requires 30 spellcraft which you can only achieve at 27th level, which is why you need to move it to the 27th level slot. Not a big deal, but just to be correct.

Rkhet

First Post
hr: Zodars have Archetypal Form, meaning they cannot be Polymorphed/Shapechanged into.

Immunity to Everything won't be allowed, for obvious reasons.

Rkhet

First Post
Komodo: Divine Metamagic (Persistent) requires Persistent Spell, and that requires Extend Spell. While you're at it, check the reqs for your other feats.

Deepwood Sniper is not from an allowable book.

Voidrazor

First Post
Heh, For some reason I was thinking that you didn't need to meet the pre-reqs for epic class bonus feats. But even under that incorrect impression I fixed it by coincidence while working in the Heirophant levels

Komodo

First Post
Rkhet said:
Komodo: Divine Metamagic (Persistent) requires Persistent Spell, and that requires Extend Spell. While you're at it, check the reqs for your other feats.

Deepwood Sniper is not from an allowable book.

Aw, shoot. I hadn't seen the errata that says that I have to actually have the metamagic feat to be applied. That's three feats down the drain. Three feats that I don't have to throw around. Ugh...

Alright, it's done. Check him out now.

And earlier you said that Deepwood Sniper was fine. It's from Masters of the Wild.

Oh, where can I pick up a Nightstick? 4 extra turning attempts = one more persistent spell.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads