• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic D&D] Forgiveness is Divine (Prologue)

Pyrex

First Post
Arknath said:
(Theron)
They begin advancing on you without speaking, a look of mad rage in their eyes.

OOC: Is this the mad-that-I'm-breaching-protocol kind of rage or the demon-possesed-manaiacal-glee kind of rage? (Sense Motive +10)

Wrahn

First Post
Blaine takes in his surroundings, making sure he is in no immediate peril. Acheron, hmm, not a friendly place, if this Ikatsu lives here, he probably isn’t going to be overly friendly to my cause. Blaine observes the crowd and attempts to make himself unobtrusive as he ponders his next move.

OOC: Blaine’s KS: Planes is +22 and his Loremaster Lore ability is +16. He is attempting to identify where he is (specifically) and any other useful information that might be had about what is happening before him.

Arknath

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: Is this the mad-that-I'm-breaching-protocol kind of rage or the demon-possesed-manaiacal-glee kind of rage? (Sense Motive +10)

[ooc: It is the "breaking-protocol" kind...sorry about the confusion]

Arknath

First Post
(Iurus)

A swelling pain engulfs your head as you try to contact your deity followed by a feeling of pure evil. The intrusion you felt earlier this day, the very reason you have come here, grows inside your mind and threatens to overwhelm your senses. You feel the hateful eyes of others in the room, glowering at you as you resist the temptation to give into hate.

Quickly, two devas dispatch their opponents and approach you cautiously, swords dripping with gore.

(Anaet)

The deva nods at your words and then appears to "space-out" for a few moments. When he returns to concious awareness he turns to you and your fellows saying, "Naristan has sent scholars and loremasters to seek for aid, yet you come to our door willingly." A slight smile plays across his lips, "We welcome your help, Neverborn, and would gladly disclose what we know of the tragedy that has befallen the Prime."

He reaches out to clasp your arm in a friendly manner, the smile still creasing his handsome face.

(Cho)

The aasimar shrugs absently. "I suppose Lord Xess would have some means of contacting Him," he says, his eyes focusing on a lone figure far away in a field. Suddenly, he seems very interested in whom this person is, and becomes visibly alarmed.

He turns to you, "General, I think we have company." he gestures with his head slightly in the direction of the figure he spotted.

(Blaine)

Your vast knowledge tells you that you could be physically anywhere on the plane of Acheron, as you well know the large chunks of rock float endlessly in the morass of ether. This particular location, however, does seem slightly familiar in layout and architecture, perhaps something you have seen in passing in an ancient tome in the Library.

The most prominent feature of the nearby landscape is a large keep in the middle of the landmass that bears the white serpent skull (missing its lower jaw) on a red background. This is clearly the symbol of Xess, God of the Dead, Judge of the Damned, and the Serpent King but by what stroke of luck did you land here? Looking beyond the borders of the black adamantine gates shows a horrific battle scene that you well know begins anew every single day.

How ironic it is that the teleportation device thought the safest place for you to teleport to on Acheron, was the land ruled by the Death God.

Someone

Adventurer
Arknath said:
"Naristan has sent scholars and loremasters to seek for aid, yet you come to our door willingly." A slight smile plays across his lips, "We welcome your help, Neverborn, and would gladly disclose what we know of the tragedy that has befallen the Prime."

He reaches out to clasp your arm in a friendly manner, the smile still creasing his handsome face.

"We were fortunate to be aware of these terrible events soon, and we´re commited to do what´s right and good" says Anaet, shaking the angel´s hand. "But let´s stop the talking; while we so spend our time, demons roam the Prime."

Pyrex

First Post
Arknath said:
[ooc: It is the "breaking-protocol" kind...sorry about the confusion]

OOC: I kind of figured it was, but it's much easier to make sure than
find out I was wrong...

Theron takes a few steps toward the Khagam and then bows & kneels on one knee. "Please forgive me for intruding like this, but something terrible has happened. The War Tapestry has gone dark and three of the Silver Warriors are trapped on the Prime. I thought it important enough that you should know immediately."

Mordane76

First Post
Taken aback by the sheer force of hatred, Iuris stumbles back a step, but remains on his feet. Slowly, Iuris draws Equitas' Steel, bringing it to a defensive position.

"Brothers, if you still have your reason, give me leave of this place that I might go to the home of our god and ascertain the source of this evil," Iuris speaks in a steady voice. "Enough blood has been shed already, and I do not wish to harm you."

Wrahn

First Post
Xess, hmm, maybe Ikatsu is dead. That would be a little inconvenient. I can not imagine even Xess wanting what is undoubtedly happening on the Prime to happen, maybe they will be sympathetic to my plight.” Blaine casts flight on himself and begins to walk towards the entrance of the halls of the dead.

Jaik

First Post
Cho follows the guard's gaze to the lone figure and speaks without turning. "Do you kmnow this man?" Cho draws his rapier, but holds it down at his side, then checks left and right as to the placement of his men.

Remove ads