• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic D&D] Forgiveness is Divine (Prologue)

Pyrex

First Post
Arknath said:
(Theron)
They do not appear to be breathing but they do not appear dead. It is as though they are in some sort of stasis and time has merely stopped for them.

OOC: Is this similar to what would happen when they're summoned via Summon Monster? IIRC, with Planar Ally they're actually present on the plane they're called to, but Summon Monster works more like an inverted Astral Projection

Jaik

First Post
Cho gestures back over his shoulder vaguely with his rapier. "My men and I were hard-pressed and retreated here in search of temporary shelter. Perhaps if we could somehow help with the extra influx of spirits..."

Someone

Adventurer
His voice becomes very somber. "It is your duty, as children of our matron, to discover the source of this as quickly as possible. The safety of our plane and many others rests upon your shoulders."

Anaet bows his head. "I accept this resposability, oh Isikurs." says. "But the matron infused me with this knowledge: while our powers are great, they are not enough to deal with the source of this danger. However, other worthy individuals, servants of gods close to Her, are also aware of the open portal and preparing to deal with them. If I could know their names and locations, it would save me a precious time."

Arknath

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: Is this similar to what would happen when they're summoned via Summon Monster? IIRC, with Planar Ally they're actually present on the plane they're called to, but Summon Monster works more like an inverted Astral Projection

Yes, it is similar to a spell of the summoning type.

Pyrex

First Post
Arknath said:
(Theron)
They do not appear to be breathing but they do not appear dead. It is as though they are in some sort of stasis and time has merely stopped for them."

Moving to check the roster to see who was on duty before Elegan, Duran, and Brogern,
Theron waits for a minute or so...
"If they were summoned around the time the tapestry went blank they'll be back any second now."

Last edited:

Arknath

First Post
[ooc: damn...third page...must have missed the updates]

(Blaine)

The creature looks out over the crowd of souls gathered before it and nods approvingly. It seems to be taking some sort of roll call as it gazes at each and every soul present. When its gaze passes over you, you again feel incredibly naked, but this time as if your whole life is presented before all those around you.

A voice resounds in your mind as the creature addresses the congregation.

"You are gathered before me to learn of a great deed." Its speech is slow and reverberates inside your mind. "There has been a breech in the very fabric of the Prime Material plane. It is caused by the mortal mages and their magics ripping through the universe to open large interdimensional portals onto foreign planes."

The answer seems as obvious as the formula one might use to create a simple potion, but you cannot remember knowing this before this creature spoke the words. He continues, "Soon, there will be others from distant lands here to look to us for guidance. I bid you, my children, to ready for their arrival for some of you will be chosen to seek out the reason behind this occurrance."

Following this speech, some of the angels on the dias begin a song in praise of Naristan, whom you can reason is sitting in front of you now.

After the song, the crowd disperses and names are telepathically being read to everyone. Just as you reach your room, your name is called...

(Cho)

The aasimar looks relieved and accepts your offer to aid them in controlling the wayward spirits. "If you would, lead them to that building over there," he points to his left to a large building that appears to be several stories high. "It is called the Hall of Judgment. You must keep them from entering it prematurely, lest they be judged incorrectly and damned to a fate unbefitting to them. I will seek Lord Xess' advice."

The gates to The Morgue swing wide and a throng of spirits meanders in, looking about as if lost.

(Anaet)

Isikurs nods his approval at your acceptance of this most holy of tasks.

"You shall find that the All-Knowing* has the information you seek and is sending his scholars to their work in finding a cause to this catastrophy. You will find him on Arcadia in a golden palace that can be seen in all directions."

Once Isikurs has answered any additional questions, he will teleport out of the room.

(Theron)

The three dwarves lay there motionless for a while longer. Soon, five minutes have passed and they still have not returned. Maddirn looks to you with a grim face, "I' doe'nt seem th're comin back any time soon. We'r goin to see the Khagam and tell 'im at once." He starts towards the door, looking very determined.

Jaik

First Post
Cho turns to his lieutenants. "Okay, we need flanking units to guide the crowd over there," he gestures to the building, "and a unit at the front to stop them from going in. I'll get it started, form on me." Cho makes his way to the front of the meandering crowd of spirits and starts to lead them slowly to the Hall of Judgement, giving his men time to move into position. He turns to see his personal guard unit moving forward through the crowd to act as blockers if needed.

Someone

Adventurer
"You shall find that the All-Knowing* has the information you seek and is sending his scholars to their work in finding a cause to this catastrophy. You will find him on Arcadia in a golden palace that can be seen in all directions."

"Thank you, oh Isikurs. I´ll leave at once, for this matter demands haste." says Anaet, and then turns to the others in the room. "I´ll Gate to Arcadia at once, if you are are going to come with me and are not prepared for the travel, do so immediately."

When everyone is ready, Anaet casts Gate and opens a portal to Arcadia, then seeks the golden palace and Greater Teleports to its immediate surroundings.

Wrahn

First Post
Blaine stops dead in his tracks, an array of emotions play across his face. His face finally settles into a smile and he turns and heads to his designated place

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads