• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic D&D] Forgiveness is Divine (Prologue)

Rino

First Post
[ everyone can me a mistake]

Nen looks at his list and quickly counts the numbre of name on it and then he people in front of the gate. he thinks by himself 'I hope there isn't anything horrible going on the Prime"

as the sould go by he asks a few ' how did your life ended in the prime?'

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
"You do me great honor by allowing me into your presence, Pure Eye," Iuris whispers as he approaches and rests down on one knee.

He bows his head, and begins to pray silently --
"Great Equitas, I am your vessel, your servant. I come before your Voice, the Pure Eye -- please, show me the meanings of my vision. Grant me wisdom and strength, so that I might better serve as your Hand."

Last edited:

Arknath

First Post
(Anaet)

All gathered in the room look around and shrug. Aneat will have to do the commune himself. While the priest is praying, the others in the room will mill about or go back to performing tasks they were doing before the connection was lost.

Deep in prayer, Anaet seeks the answers to his prayers from the most sacred of sources, Ianua. Your questions are routed to the goddess's proxy, Alwhyn.

- Unclear

- No

- No

- Impossible

- Yes

(Theron)

[ooc: Ah! Thanks for the correction. I'm noticing that you have a minor spelling error as well. It's Dhagadast (DAH-gah-DAHST with the AH as in "pop"]

Maddirn thinks on this question for a moment. "Brogern, Elegan, and Duran I think...We'll have to check the charts." He, again, waves you towards the open door at the end of the room and moves towards it.

Arknath

First Post
(Blaine)

Blaine's mirror focuses on a small room, somewhere in the library. There are no doors or windows on any of the walls, they are just bare stone. The room is dark and no one is in it, which seems odd since the alarm has just ceased. Shelpar rushes into Blaine's room just as he is finished looking at the room.

"Come quick," the young aasimar exclaims, "The One is holding a Librum!!"

The simple fact that Naristan is seeking the presence of all his servants in one area is news indeed! The last time he declared Librum was when Equitas was lifted into godhood. Whatever happened must be big.

(Xer'Tai)

When Xer'Tai steps out into the hallway, he is greeted to the site of nearly every resident walking in an orderly fashion towards the main halls. There is much talk about Librum and what is happening on the Prime. Speculation abounds:

"I heard some wizard botched a powerful magic and destroyed a city." says one voice. "That isn't what was told to me," says a voice obviously belonging to a higher being, probably a deva, "Some mortal took it upon himself to assault the Nine Hells and has failed miserably."

It is all very interesting listening. Soon, you start to see others of your order falling into line and heading toward the main halls.

(Nen Kirko)

There is not enough room in the Morgue* for all of these souls. How did they expect to be judged today and have you get the rest of your chores done as well? There must be someone who knows about this and why this is happening. You dare not ask the master, but it seems the only recourse you have.

The gate guardsmen are blocking the entrance of the new souls as the throng tries to rush through before they are taken by the battles of Acheron. You must do something quickly, or a great number of souls will suffer for eternity.

(Iurus)

A great cloud comes over your vision. Darkness swirls and permeats your thoughts and you, again, feel the temptation to give in to it. As time passes, you are treated to visions of mass murder on battle fields, the slaughter of civilians and a keen sense of the sorrow of those who survive.

In your heart, you swear you feel a betrayal unlike any other. It is as if your own father drove a knife into your chest, smiling at you as your world turns black. You begin to breathe heavily and your mouth becomes dry. A voice in your head screams MURDER and assaults your mind with desires of bloodlust. MURDER, the word echoes through your mind and at last you feel as if you are about to give in...that's when you hear the cries of death.

Was that real?

(Ninivir)

The battle intensifies as you draw upon your last bit of strength and charge into the fray once more. Swords flashing and spells sounding off are all that you hear. Moreover, you determine that your best course of action may be to retreat and regroup your troops. You notice that the enemy is in the same situation as you, having lost many key commanders but not near defeat.

Trying to get your bearings you look around and decide that it is best to find a refuge of some sort. Then you realize you are near the home of Xess and his shroudsmen, a deity that Maelbireth is in good favor with. It could be your best hope for a retreat from the constant battle. The only sight that causes you alarm is that it looks like there is already an army at the gates of the Morgue.

*the Morgue is the name of Xess' stronghold on Acheron.

Rino

First Post
Nen shouts to the gate keepers: " try go leave it shut for as long as possible, or you are told otherwise by me or our divine master.

he goes to the morgue fast and seeks advise and explanation from his god.

"divine Xess, i never have seen fo many souls trying to get in our realm, what should i do? let things go in and let them suffer in the battle or try to find out why all those souls are coming in such large numbres? give me advise and wisdom to solve this problem"

Wrahn

First Post
Blaine hurried through the halls, following Shelpar. He could see the disapproving glances thrown his direction, both because of the way he was dressed and because of his unconventional attitude. The truth was, outside of the Great Library, Blaine was out of place here. His instincts have always lead him to conform, but his intellect and his spirit often overrode those instincts, leaving him happier, but causing the disapproving looks from some of those that believed he was “erratic” or “dishonorable.”

He followed the orderly lines forming to enter The One’s presence, he leaned forward to Shelpar, ”Any idea what this is about?”

Someone

Adventurer
Anaet meditates the answers so far before continuing.

- Do you want me to investigate the source and importance of this, or solve it?

- Are these powerful servants actively looking for help?

(if the answer to the first question is yes): - Mighty Goddes, forgive my boldness. Can I open a Gate to your Realm, so a messenger can come through it to further instruct me?

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Arknath said:
(Theron)
Maddirn thinks on this question for a moment. "Brogern, Elegan, and Duran I think...We'll have to check the charts." He, again, waves you towards the open door at the end of the room and moves towards it.

"Aye, lets go find them then. Hopefully one'uv 'em will be able to shed some light on this."

Having finished putting away the practice weapons on the racks Theron strides down the hall to the duty barracks.

Mordane76

First Post
Iuris remains kneeling, yet perks his ears and gently sniffs the air, hoping that these cries are just part of his vision, and not in this holy place.

OOC -- If I don't hear anything or scent anything that would give me reason to go on the offensive, I'll slowly open my eyes and look around.

Arknath

First Post
(Nen Kirko)

The divine aura that is Xess changes from its normal black glow to one of a dark red, the color of blood. The room grows eerily quiet and you feel at peace standing near the source of your divine purpose. He speaks in a low soft hum.

"The answer to your question lies just outside the gates of my realm. Bring forth the army of Maelbireth into this place and they shall, in turn, aid you."

(Blaine)

Shelpar will shrug while running, which makes him look like a jogging primate. "I don't know exactly, but the Prime has just experienced a major planar break." He keeps moving swiftly to make it to the gathering. "As far as I know, it has something to do with the lower planes!"

When you reach the gathering, thousands of Naristan's servants are already waiting in rows and rows gathered before a throne and pedastal that marks the front of the grand hall. The One has not made his presence known yet, but you can feel him nearer than you've ever felt him.

Looking at the rows of creatures that are in attendance, you notice some old friends and many faces (and creatures, for that matter) that you have never seen before. The walls of the great hall are ever-moving script that reveals secrets that would break a mortal's mind. The throne is a large golden chair fitted with white cushions and made to look as comfortable as anyplace on the plane. The chair, however, is ten times the size of a normal one of its kind. You think to yourself that it actually appears that Naristan sits in this chair often, or there would be no reason for the accotrements.

(Anaet)

Yes.

Yes.

Isikurs will come.

You recognize the name. It is the name of a planetar and the proxy to Ianua. She has spoken to you only once before, and she was a beautiful sight to behold. Shortly after, a gate opens in the midst of the room you are in. The others in the room begin to circle defensively and shout orders to attack whatever comes through, though the protections on this room are designed to keep others from using magic to enter.

[ooc: more to come a bit later]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads