EPIC M&M: Issue 6 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
October 26, 2120
Dover, England
Dover Medical Facility

X12, Jay

"Whatever. I'll have a little fun whenever I can," Michael says.

"And I dare say," comes a female voice with a British accent, "that Empath's powers are not suitable for another bout with the elusive leader of Anarchy." You turn to see Mystic coming towards you from down a hall. The hospital employees giver her a wide berth and most pause to stare as she comes over to you. Those that find her gaze meeting theirs quickly look down. She has an obvious, though not super-powered, charismatic presence, and as you know is a powerful telepath.

"I managed to help Empath awaken. Other than the punishment her mind took from being so forcefully controlled, she should recover fully in short order. Amazon and Vibro are with her. What I would like to know is why Thunder isn't handling this situation," she says. Her eyes narrow slightly and she tilts her head a bit.

"I see," she says without much of a pause, though neither of you feel any invasion of your mind. "Surface thoughts are easy to pick up without invading anyone's private thoughts," Mystic says without apology.

Brazilia Medical Facility
October 14, 2120

Sanjay
"Still thick as usual, sport," Monica says, punching you in the arm before very non-woozily dragging you out into the hall and towards Straightjacket's room. "I can't wait to get out of this place," she says as you two come up to Straightjacket's door. You spot his dad napping down in the common area on a couch infront of a television.

"Step one down," she says in an exagerated whisper. You try to turn the door handle, but it's locked.

Michelle
You manage to get him to his feet, where wobbles for a few moments before heading off towards Thunder. Nurses and doctors have arrived and are helping the other victims who are in various stages of consciousness. You see a doctor check Anithos, but he barely spends fifteen seconds at him before moving on. A pair of EMT's approach and transfer his body to a gurney, covering him in a white sheet.

A conversation starts to draw your attention.

"You got her?"

"Yes, Amigo."

"Get off me!"

"You're sure?"

"Which one of us can lift an aircraft carrier? I forget... yes I have her!"

"Ok..."

You turn just in time to see Thunder dance back just out of range of a dangerous swipe of Tara's insectoid arms. The follow through knocks Titan flying. Tara immediately draws a bead on you, taking a great bounding leap right at you with a scream!

In the M-Tac Mainfrain
New York
Johan

"Come on Mr. Bunny!" Jennifer squeals as she flees towards the exit you'd been going towards. The bunny eared troll lopes loudly along behind the two of you as the mainfraim begins to be purged. "I wanna go home! Take me home!" Jennifer whines as you run towards where you entered. You actually pass a pair of other security protocols, but both simply guard their areas without bothering you. Soon, the bright red of the firewall looms ahead of you, leaving you with a definite problem.

How do you get through?

"How do we get out? I could never get out. Mr. Bunny maybe?"

The troll bangs a couple of times on the firewall with no effect and shrugs plopping down on the floor. One ear flops down over his eye, the other stands perfectly straight.

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay rolls his eyes as Monica pulls him out of the room. "Yeah, I knew that..." he lies. "So what did she mean about 'the smart Johan, not the one with Anna'? Aren't all of his copies like a part of him?"

Getting to SJ's door, he considers knocking or yelling, but stops himself, thinking of Ghost Dad. He grabs again at the door handle and it disintegrates at his touch (if there's a bolt, he'll remove the whole door). Grinning at Monica, he pushes the door open and half-whispers, "Hey, SJ, up and at'em. You're wanted in the cafeteria, and I don't think it has anything to do with eats..."

Velmont

First Post
"Well, in that case, don't enter the military training camp, or you would pick thoughts you wouldn't like to pick... If Empath can't do it, can you? Or that Prophet is too strong to play against him alone?"

Mordane76

First Post
"Prophet is a very potent adversary, made even more powerful by his connections and underlings," X12 says. "If he's using me as a springboard into other people's minds, then we need to find a way to sever the link - otherwise, he'll see anything we have planned coming; he could unfortunately be listening in on us even now. Maybe this Jasman knows how. It's a safe bet that however Prophet's using the Directives, he's buried it deep in our minds, and this psychic in MCNY specializes in that sort of thing."

"As to [Titan] - I didn't mean to almost kill him. Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be, I learned what I know about psychics from Directive training sessions - taking out [Titan] seemed the obvious choice for subduing them both,"
X12 comments.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Taking out Thunder... you are talking like it was an easy job. How did you know silver would have been so powerfull against him. If I was him, I would have hide that fact even from my closest friend. Playing in major league like that can bring you surprises, bad surprises."

Elementor

First Post
Calinon said:
"I've already gone over your DNA samples with the doctor and he's certain that the physical mutations and the genetic alterations giving you speed and some of your other abilities are not tied together in an unbreakable fashion. You can be normal again," he says. "And in Brazilia, being a mutant may grant you some benefits, but appearance is everything."

"What do you have in mind? You know I am always here to help in any way that I can. And if that means....changing...again, I guess I can do that too.

Dalamar

Adventurer
How about we make our daring escape, you come over and spend the night - I will also see if I can arrange for us to go and see the puppy, and I will take you home after that?"

When they get to the firewall, Johan looks it over quickly. "Nothing to lose, I guess..." Johan tries to touch the firewall's essence, rearranging it so as to create a passageway for them to use.

Mimic

First Post
Michelle shudders as the she watches the body of Anithos being covered in a sheet. "This wasn't supposed to happen... I just wanted to stop him from leaving... I could have helped him turn over a new leaf..." Those thoughts and others run through her head as she wanders around trying to help.

Tara immediately draws a bead on you, taking a great bounding leap right at you with a scream!

"She hates me now." She thinks as instict kicks in and she raises her hand to strike down her ex-best friend but the bolt never comes. She can't or won't shoot her, "Would I react any different if it was reversed?"

Pushing upon her latent power she draws on the magnetic field around the girl increasing the strength of it until she is trapped like a fly in amber.

ooc: Using extra effort for Snare - HP used to negate fatigue.

Calinon

First Post
October 26, 2120
Dover, England
Dover Medical Facility

X12, Jay

Mystic looks at Jay. "I have been to your military academy often, mostly to observe your progress," Mystic says. "I cannot say I am overly enthusiastic at you leaving the academy to attend the EPIC facility. But I certainly can't argue the logic of it. If members of Anarchy are after you, our forces are ill equipped to combat them on your behalf.

"Titan's weakness to silver is well known, though obviously understated. I dare say after word of this leaks out, his ability to battle the evils of the world will be sharply curtailed. As for Empath," she says with a frown. "She has apparently hidden a great deal from a great many people. I had no idea she was telepathic; I have my doubts as to whether some of your seniors knew. I can tell you this; she is a far weaker telepath than I am. Personally, given your link with this villain and how he can apparently manipulate it, I would be far more likely to simply have you executed than risk losing a mental battle with a being who's mental powers may be beyond comprehension."

Her voice holds blunt honesty, and her mannerism displays harshly controlled emotions.

Michael lets out a low whistle. "Bundle of cheer you are, lady. You wanna kick his dog too?"

A few gasps from nearby observers and a bustle of movement away from the general area punctuate the sudden silence in the room. Apparently, Mystic isn't spoken to in this manner. She, however, just arches one eyebrow slightly.

Brazilia Medical Facility
October 14, 2120

Sanjay

"So what did she mean about 'the smart Johan, not the one with Anna'? Aren't all of his copies like a part of him?"
"Hi, I was unconscious," Monica says lightly. "You ever notice that most of the time, the really smart people don't explain things fully? That's probably why they aren't ever leaders of things like EPIC."

Grinning at Monica, he pushes the door open and half-whispers, "Hey, SJ, up and at'em. You're wanted in the cafeteria, and I don't think it has anything to do with eats..."
"Hey, what the heck!" bellows Straightjacket as he sits up in bed, surprised by your sudden entrance. "For god sake man, I had the door locked!"

"Hmm, what's this?" Monica says slyly from beside you.

"Hey, get your hands off my clothes!" Straightjacket shouts. You turn to see Monica pick up some rather lacey undergarments. Definitely shouldn't be Straightjacket's.

"Why don't you ever wear nice things like these, Sport?" she says with a big smile.

"Would you like to revisit being unconscious," he says unpleasantly, grabbing the top blanket and getting out of bed with it around him. You spot a non-Straightjacket-sized foot poking out from the sheet.

"They are so cute!" Monica says without pause. "I'm sure they look absolutely darling on you, Stretch."

Vince
Your father seems much relieved and almost instantly happier. "The gene therapy itself will be easy enough to administer. I'm hopeful the final tests on the drugs involved can be completed within the week, now that my company isn't going to change hands."

"Good to see you on board," Ms. Vaile says with a fake yawn. "Look at the time," she says, opening the door. "Think long and hard about changing your face, you handsome devil," she says to you. "Something tells me you won't be able to change it back. And you should probably put this back on," she adds, handing you your communicator that is abuzz with the goings on in the cafeteria.

"I'll see you soon Mr. Pratchett," she says stepping out into the hallway.

Michelle
You catch her in mid-flight, momentarily halting her progress, but with a hard thrash of her limbs, she shatters your snare, propelling herself again at you. Inches from you, a flash of silver blasts just past your nose and Tara is gone. There is a crash to your left and you follow the flash to see Tara slammed forcefully into a pillar by Titan, then slump unconscious. Titan holds her there by the side of her head for a moment, getting a good grip on her just in case.

"Alright, now I have her. Neat trick, Amigo," he says over to you. "Didn't know you could do that."

"You alright, Michelle?" Thunder asks, looking you over for injuries. You can see Tara got a few good shots on him, from his bloody hand and bruised cheek.

In the M-Tac Mainframe
New York
Johan

"I dunno," Jennifer says apprehensively as you look at the field. "I just wanna go home to Mr. Split... How we gonna get through that thing?" she asks, tugging on your arm.

Just then, you touch the field, and with a rush of speed you suddenly phase straight through the firewall, taking Jennifer with you! There is definite resistance, but somehow you managed to make it all the way through before the resistance took hold.

"Oh, that was neat!" she squeals. "But Mr. Bunny is stuck!" Sure enough, the bunny-eared troll stares mournfully at you from the other side of the firewall.

Elementor

First Post
Picking up his communicator, Vince rolls his eyes. "I can't leave them alone for a minute!!" Making sure he is fully dressed, he rushes out the doorto catch up to the others.

Remove ads