EPIC M&M: Issue 6 (IC)

Agamon

Adventurer
A look of relief comes over Sanjay as Monica turns back to her 'normal' self. "Sorry, doc, but she wasn't getting any rest in recovery. But thanks, you da man," he says, looking back down at Monica as she wakes back up.

"Calm down, Mon, s'alright," Sanjay says, looking down at her with a lop-sided grin. "You caught us both with an electrical blast. Your skin condition," he says as he points to her mid-section, "spread to the rest of your body and you fell unconscious. Doc, here, fixed you up, though. Your mom's okay, I talked her into leaving you alone. I think she finally got it through her head that this is where you want to be...well, not here, as in the hospital, but you know what I mean." He reaches out a hand to help her stand up.

Velmont

First Post
"Well, if you are no more a goon of Prophet, there may have another one that has free himself from him. Seeing you, he thought you were a Directive send by Prophet, that's why he flee... Does I make sense or I miss a point. And does every Directive has the same powers? I hardly see someone making an army of healer to rule the world..."

Mordane76

First Post
Velmont said:
"Well, if you are no more a goon of Prophet, there may have another one that has free himself from him. Seeing you, he thought you were a Directive send by Prophet, that's why he flee... Does I make sense or I miss a point. And does every Directive has the same powers? I hardly see someone making an army of healer to rule the world..."

"Healers, no - but not all Directives are healers," X12 says as they start back towards the jet. "The one we just encountered also had some sort of neurotoxin. We've met another that can disintegrate things by touch. Regeneration seems rampant among us - I don't think I've met any Directives that couldn't do that at least - but some of the Directives have dangerous attack powers, and all of us are trained combatants."

"As for being free... it would seem I'm not yet truly free, despite my thoughts to teh contray,"
X12 says. "Prophet's hold so far appears to require some sort of direct contact to enforce, but he has other powers as well."

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, if Prophet has still some power over you, he must have some over the other one we met, and seeing what he has done, I suspect that Prophet is losing control over that one too. If we can find him, we may be able to help him, as EPIC is helping you... well, if EPIC want to help anotehr directive."

Mimic

First Post
With a sigh, Michelle takes one last glance at Tara before heading quickly over to where Empath is.

"You have to go help Thunder," she says firmly gently pushing the woman in Thunders direction, "I will try and wake up Titan."

Once Empath has left Michelle will kneel down and see if there is any way to wake the man.

Calinon

First Post
October 26, 2120
Dover, England
Dover Medical Facility

X12, Jay

Mordane said:
Prophet doesn't strike me as the kind to use kindness for chaos... maybe free means this Jasman 'freed' him... so far, though, I don't remember another Directive similar to me
"Yeah," Michael growls. "Kindness and Prophet don't exactly seem to go hand in hand," he says, holding a half eaten apple just out of reach of Dara.

"Nggg!" Dara says, trying to jump up to get it. "Gimme!"

Velmont said:
Seeing you, he thought you were a Directive send by Prophet, that's why he flee... Does I make sense or I miss a point.

"Point, new guy," Michael says. "You almost had it that time Dara," he adds as Dara continues leaping up to try to get the apple.

Mordane said:
Regeneration seems rampant among us - I don't think I've met any Directives that couldn't do that at least - but some of the Directives have dangerous attack powers, and all of us are trained combatants.

"So that'd be you, Xi and this mystery guy so far that we've seen?" Michael says as Dara kicks him in the shin. Michael doesn't show any reaction, other than to bob the apple just a hair lower, then put it back up higher when Dara grabs for it.

Prophet's hold so far appears to require some sort of direct contact to enforce, but he has other powers as well.
Velmont said:
I suspect that Prophet is losing control over that one too.
Dara stops jumping for the apple all of a sudden, and gets a serious look on her face. "Actually, from what I've seen, he doesn't need physical contact to manifest his psychic powers over you. He can probably do that at will, or has a technique that allows him to gain access to your mind for brief periods. Most of his actions don't seem to affect you directly, but rather he is using your mind as a springboard to affect others, controlling them and affecting their actions so that those actions affect you indirectly. In fact, I am willing to bet that psychic link was part of your genetic development."

There is dead silence after her non-ditzy, calm and rational speech. Michael reaches down and taps her on the head. "What did you do with the real Daaaaargh!" he shouts as Dara grabs his arm and bites him, hard. He drops the apple, she catches the apple and runs off.

"Mine!" she squeals in delight, bursting back out into the Foyer.

Michael rubs his arm which is already bruising, though likely it'll heal shortly.

Brazilia Medical Facility
October 14, 2120

Sanjay

"That would explain the nausea," she says, not sounding too happy about her outburst of energy. "And would explain the Sanjay-shaped imprint on the wall," she adds as you help her get back to her feet. "Ooo, I'm woozy," she groans, losing her balance and using you to support herself.

The doctor lets out a groan. "Oh please. I know for a fact yow!" he says as a spark of electricity shoots froma wall socket to hit him in the rear.

"I said I'm woozy," she says much more firmly.

"Oh, woozy, right," Dr. Johnson says with a roll of his eyes.

A hiss and cat-like screech sound from the hall, then a blur of tiger striping tears past the door, pursued by a dozen small robots that are shooting lasers down the hall after the fleeing figure.

"Mom?" Monica says, looking back at the door. You aren't sure if she's concerned or angry or amused. Sanchez strolls by, pausing by the door.

"Oh good, you're up. I... just a second," she says, hitting a button on her belt. There is a loud ROWR from down the hall. "Unless you are going with her, I need you to go get Straightjacket and take him down to the cafeteria now. And if you could find a way to leave his father behind," she says with obvious distaste.

"Leave the others sleeping for now. When you're done, please hunt around for Johan. The one with body armor, not the one with Anna. The smart one," she adds. "He disappeared from the lab and I can't get a fix on his communicator. But I need to get to the Cafeteria myself."

Michelle
Empath nods, still somewhat in a daze, and heads over towards Thunder and Tara. Meanwhile, you kneel down next to Titan. His eyes are half open, with a glazed expression. A trickle of blood comes from his ear. You poke him, and it's like poking a brick wall. You gently pat his face, and after a minute of you trying to bring him around, his eyes gain a bit of alertness.

"Why am I on the floor," he slurs.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I would conclude that that is our cue to leave," Johan says as the whole space starts disintegrating. He takes a step towards the exit and then turns to Jennifer.
"Will you please accompany me to the rest of my team? I just wish to talk with you, and I am sure that it is a place much preferred to the holding cell I freed you from. Please."

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay watches the robots chase after Tyra and shakes his head. "Good grief." Listening to Sanchez's orders, he nods his head.

"If you're not feeling very well, you should maybe lay down," he says to Monica, supporting her as best he can. "I'm pretty sure I can handle these gofer jobs all by my lonesome. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind the company..."

Sanjay will then head to where he believes Straightjaket is sleeping, and get him up.

Velmont

First Post
"If that mental link really exist, has you tried to remove it? Can Empath do it, or that doctor named on the card we found? And can you two be a bit more serious. It isn't the only apple in this building..." Jay adds to Dara and Micheal as they fight for the apple.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
"Why am I on the floor," he slurs.

"That would be Empaths doing, but its too complicated to explain right now." Michelle tells him as she tries to get him on his feet. "Thunder needs your help so go help him."

Once she gets him going she will go check on the others.

Remove ads