• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC (M&M - Recruiting) CLOSED

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Calinon, hey I hate to do it, but I've ended up being busier than I thought I would be and adding one more game would be a disservice to you guys and everyone else in the games I play.

I love M&M but I need to be sane here. :)

Good luck to you guys!

If me being in the game is a make or break situation you can get a hold of me in chat or shot me an email.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Calinon --
I edited the character I posted above; I noticed I put up an older, working version instead of the completed one! Sorry -- Just thought I'd call attention to it.

buzzard

First Post
OK I have Straightjacket worked up now. I ended up going with more of the growth than the stretching, but that is for economy. I wanted some degree of super strength, and growth incorporates this (as well as protection, which I was have used as an add-on to either super strength or elasticity.)

Alias: Straightjacket
Name: John Cashman

John comes from a town in rural Pennsylvania. It is primarily a mill town where Allegheny Telledyne operates a glasssteel plant. Living in rural Pennsylvania has led to some common traits from the area- hunting, and sports fanaticism. in his case his father focused the fanaticism into wresting. His father, Alan, had been a good wrestler in high school and college, but never could attain the next level and make the Olympic tryouts (especially since there are only a few countries now, the competition is fierce). He decided that his son would make it. From a very yound age he was trained to be a great wrestler. At no point did John ever question his dad's desires, and he was very happy to spend so much time with his father. He progressed quite well. His dedication and the very good training provded by his father made him into an excellent wrestler. He dominated every league he entered. Everything was moving along the way both of them wanted it to. John led his high school team to the nationals and took first. He was assured a scholarship to a college with a top wrestling program.

Then it all came apart. On one of Alan's days off from work during a break in training, Alan took john along to the plant to pick up some papers which he had forgot. In the plant they discovered one of the service staff poking around in areas he shouldn't. Allegheny Telledyne had just made a redical discovery which was going to greatly improve the toughness of their glasssteel alloy. It was a case of industrial espionage. The spy had too much money on the line to let some silly local yokels stop him. He pulled a gun when discovered, and marched John and his father into the production area of the plant(which being almost completely automated, was deserted). Forcing the two up to an operating furnace, he clubbed Alan on the head and pitched into the molten metal. About the best thing you can say about this death is -it's quick. John came unglued, he ignored the gun and jumped the man who had just killed his father in cold blood. He intended to wrap him up in a hold, like his years of trainind had taught him. The stress of the situation must had unlocked something within him because when he moved to put a hold on the spy, he literally wrapped him up, his body growing, distorting, and forming a sheet which enveloped the man. The spy tried to blast him, but his body was able to disperse the force of the blasts by deforming. The spy was pinned, and then some. John reached over for an alarm switch some 15 feet away and triggered it. Security showed up and apprehended the spy.

John became famous. However he was never the same. His father was his whole life. He simply didn't accept that Alan was dead. In fact he still does not accept it and will often carry on conversations with his deceased father. The fact that he was exposed as a mutant ended his wresting career permanently before it even had begun, so when Epic showed up to recruit him, he was happy enough to go along as he had nowhere else to go,

John is mildly delusional. He cannot be convinced that his father actually died (it's not like there was any body left). He continues to act like he's still around. this doesn't impair his ability to act or his effectiveness, it just makes him seem rather odd. (The closest analog would be the crazy Irish guy in Braveheart).

Str:16
Dex:14
Con:14
Int:10
Wis:8
Cha:12

DMG: +4
Fort: +5
Ref:+3
Will:+2

Init +2
Defense 17 (flat footed 15)
Mental defense 14
BAB 5
Melee +8
Ranged +7

Grapple +9 (+19 when grown)

Feats:
Immunity(pressure)
Immunity(criticals)
Improved grapple
Improved pin
Improved trip
Instant stand
Atack focus(grapple)

Skills
Acrobatics +6
Balance +6
Move Silently +8
Escape Artist +12
Survival +5

Powers

Amazing save(Fort) 3
Amazing Save(Reflex) 3
Amazing Save(Will) 3
Amazing Save (damage) 2
Growth (flaw- no immovability) 6
Elasticity 3

The growth power is not terribly normal. He cannot simply make himself into a larger version of himself. It can only really be used to engulf people. It also does not involve his mass increasing (hence no immovability). The amazing save powers are all a result of his extensive training as opposed to his mutant abilities.

Let me know if this is OK.
buzzard

Dalamar

Adventurer
Okay, I edited in the finalized version of Johan. All PP are now spent (mostly on skill points).

For advancing him, I think the first thing he would need to learn, is how to fight beyond the basics. After that, I thought his telepathy might start evolving to full-fletched.

blackshirt5

First Post
Calinon, I'm a bit embarassed, but I can't find my book. As far as I can remember, I loaned it to a guy that I had a falling out with before the brouhaha between us, and I don't expect to get it back. Could you do me a favor and gen up my character? I can email you about him.

Calinon

First Post
blackshirt5 said:
Calinon, I'm a bit embarassed, but I can't find my book. As far as I can remember, I loaned it to a guy that I had a falling out with before the brouhaha between us, and I don't expect to get it back. Could you do me a favor and gen up my character? I can email you about him.
Yes, email me at calinon@monarch.net. If you can get it done before tomorrow evening, it'd be great.

I sent some e-mails out to folks, regarding characters and changes, and potential changes, so check your e-mail.

It's rough that I only get to choose a certain amount of folks. Hope nobody is upset when they don't get in. As mentioned several times, you will have first crack if anyone decides to quit. I'll let everyone know what characters are in tomorrow.

Calinon

First Post
blackshirt5 said:
Actually, I'm gonna drop Cal, hope it doesn't upset the apple cart.
Not at all. I have so many superb characters with creative ideas and good backgrounds that I'm having a devil of a time deciding as is.

Remove ads