EPIC (M&M - Recruiting) CLOSED

Mordane76

First Post
X12
PL: 8 (120PP)

Vitals: Gender: Male; Age: Unknown (appears late teens); Birthplace: Unknown; Height: 6'0"; Weight: 170 lbs.; Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Black; Skin: White; Languages: English (120/120 pp spent)

Abilities: 16 PP
STR 12
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 14
CHA 8

Saves
Damage: +9
Fort: +9
Ref: +1
Will: +4

Combat: 19 PP
Base Attack: 3 (Melee +4, Ranged +4)
Base Defense: 5 (Defense 16, Flat Footed 15, Mental 17)
Initiative: +1
Movement: 30 ft.

Feats: 22 PP
Durability
Immunity: Aging
Immunity: Disease
Immunity: Poison
Immunity: Starvation
Immunity: Critical Hits
Immunity: Cold
Immunity: Fire
Iron Will
Rapid Healing
Scent

Powers: 54 PP
Healing +4 (1pp per rank)
Extras: Resurrection; Flaws: Empathic Healing, Others Only, Permanent

Regeneration +7 (3pp per rank)
Extras: Back from the Brink

Super-Constitution +6 (4pp per rank)

Super Senses +5 (1pp per rank)
Flaws: Limited – Olfaction

Trained Skills: 19 PP
Computers +4/2, Demolitions +6/4, Diplomacy +3/4, Disable Device +6/4, Knowledge (History) +7/5, Listen +7/5, Medicine +4/2, Survival +8/6, Science (Biology) +8/6

Flaws:
Unlucky

Appearance
X12 appears to be a Caucasian male, late teens, with short-cropped dirty blonde hair and an average physique. His facial structure, size, and overall bearing hint at possible Slavic descent, but X12 has a flat vocal affect bereft of an accent. X12 has no fingerprints or other body hair than what is on his head, but the most shocking and disturbing aspect of X12's appearance are his eyes -- completely black orbs, bereft of whites, irises, or obvious pupils, although X12 says he has no difficulty seeing whatsoever. The only distinguishing mark on X12’s body is a tattoo on the base of his neck that reads ‘X12’.

Not given over yet to the super-hero hype, X12 still dresses in street clothes, preferring to keep as low a profile as possible; the only bizarre piece of wardrobe X12 maintains at all times are elbow-length gloves, so as to keep from making skin-to-skin contact with others.

Personality
X12 is a quiet young man, with a healthy dose of paranoia. He says little, but watches and pays attention, and offers only what insight he feels will be helpful. He usually dodges personal questions with a fearful look and blunt silence. It’s commonly known that X12 suffers from severe nightmares, and often looks haggard from spending many nights lying awake or waking in fits of screams.

History
Up until six months ago, X12 as he is today did not exist. Before that, however, X12 has no real recollection of any personal events. He was found wandering naked into the outskirts of a small Quebec town on a cold December morning, apparently unaffected by the blistering cold. Completely disoriented, X12 wandered into the path of a snowplow, but was amazingly uninjured, although knocked unconscious.

When he came completely to in the local clinic, he panicked -- it took several able-bodied orderlies to actually capture and subdue the surprisingly wily young man. He did manage to injure one of the orderlies in the encounter with a scalpel, but the man's wound miraculously closed when he grabbed hold of X12 -- the sudden loss of energy slowed X12 long enough for the other orderlies to restrain him. Unable to respond to the locals, who spoke French, the operators of the clinic quickly decided to lock the vagrant up until proper authorities arrived.

NAA health officials were contacted immediately, and arrived within several hours. Taken into their custody, X12 was removed to New York for questioning and testing.

Once in a setting where people asked direct questions in English, X12 proved very intelligent and knowledgeable about a surprising variety of topics ranging from computers and explosives, to etiquette, history, field medicine and surgery, and biology. He showed some evidence of military training as well; he showed some aptitude for hand-to-hand combat, and exceptional defensive capabilities for someone so apparently young. Unfortunately, he was unable to recall anything about his origins, where he received his education or anything about his bizarre powers. Psychics brought into probe X12 found him partially resistant to their abilities, and even those who did manage to penetrate into his mind found little of which they could make sense - broken images of places and faces, bizarre memories of noises, but no information on his origins or whereabouts were gleaned during these sessions.

Tabloids quickly received word of the healing in Quebec, and photo-renderings of X12 had already begun to surface in publications like the Star and the Enquirer. The NAA had an unfortunate situation; they did not want to let such a bizarre and possibly useful (or dangerous) mutant out of their surveillance, but by their laws could not force him into any form of service, especially considering the slowly growing tabloid exposure surrounding the incident in Quebec. EPIC was the only real option: fairly high-profile, and friendly with the NAA, the organization could also provide a stable atmosphere for such a bizarre mutant while allowing the NAA the satisfaction of knowing where said mutant was. The NAA contacted EPIC immediately, and arranged to transfer X12 into their custody after completing registration procedures for him in the NAA.

Velmont

First Post
I look at my character on your website. I have found some mistake. All correction is underlined.

Init: +2; Speed: 30(run); Saves: Dmg +3 (+4 vs. backlash), Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +2
Defense: Base 2, Defense 14, Flat-footed 12, Mental 14
Attack: Base 1, Melee +2 (+1S), Ranged +3, Mental +3
Bluff 8[5], Computers 2[2], Diplomacy 9[4], Drive 3[1], Taunt 4[1], Intimidate 6[1], Sense Motive 4[2]

Just some mistake in calculation (like will save, I had chosen Iron Will for a while, but I removed it, but I must have forgotten to reduce the will save...)

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Velmont said:
I look at my character on your website. I have found some mistake. All correction is underlined.

Init: +2; Speed: 30(run); Saves: Dmg +3 (+4 vs. backlash), Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +2
Defense: Base 2, Defense 14, Flat-footed 12, Mental 14
Attack: Base 1, Melee +2 (+1S), Ranged +3, Mental +3
Bluff 8[5], Computers 2[2], Diplomacy 9[4], Drive 3[1], Taunt 4[1], Intimidate 6[1], Sense Motive 4[2]

Just some mistake in calculation (like will save, I had chosen Iron Will for a while, but I removed it, but I must have forgotten to reduce the will save...)
Okie Vel. What I'll be doing for everyone is plugging their character into the character builder and making sure everything adds up before we start. I'm just working on a few minor problems with a few characters. So the 15th as a start date was a little optimistic. But if everything goes well, we'll be starting on Friday the 19th.

Mordane76

First Post
19th works great for me -- I'm in the middle of finals here at Penn State, as well as pulling down a 50+ hr work week during the whole deal. I'll be spotty until then, so I apologize ahead of time.

Calinon

First Post
Mordane76 said:
19th works great for me -- I'm in the middle of finals here at Penn State, as well as pulling down a 50+ hr work week during the whole deal. I'll be spotty until then, so I apologize ahead of time.
Real life always comes before stuff like this. Finals and 50 hour work week? OY! I'd probably go mad.

Razamir

Explorer
Calinon said:
Limiting to one energy type will mean I will have to throw people specifically designed to combat this power, all the time. Add to this, the phase attack extra, and the character with incorporeal could be nearly 100% immune to damage all of the time. That gets a big old no from me.

Well I guess I didn't make the cut... Too bad. If someone drops out I'd love to play. Like I said before I have a ton of character ideas and if you don't like Incorporeal than I could use another character/ power.

You know, I have a player in my w' Incorporeal and we play it as is out of the book/ errata.... It really isn't to powerful at all. I thought it would be but it isn't. Can every single mook or bad guy damage him? No, not always...but I find plenty of other ways to challenge him. Mostly by putting innocents in harms way or some kind of terrain problem. When I do want to damage him it isn't that hard. Force Field requre opposed rolls for an Incorp character to pass through. So I apply that logic to force field attacks vs an Incorp character. Also any re-occuring villian knows what power affects the character. And don't forget about mental attacks, dazzle and other powers still work... and Incorporeal villians!

I have run a ton of different game systems. I think Mutants and Masterminds, most of all, really does require that you make the bad guys specificly to fight the good guys. Ex...If you have all grounded villians vs flying characters, those villians are in trouble...So on and So on.... Just my opinion.

I'll be lurking for a while...I 've the whole EPIC storyline and world. Feel free to use Wraith as an NPC if you want.... even kill him off.

And if you ever get and opening in the game I'd love to join..... Maybe this time as Threshold.... my abosorbtion using char.

Raz

Calinon

First Post
Razamir said:
Well I guess I didn't make the cut... Too bad. If someone drops out I'd love to play. Like I said before I have a ton of character ideas and if you don't like Incorporeal than I could use another character/ power.

You know, I have a player in my w' Incorporeal and we play it as is out of the book/ errata.... It really isn't to powerful at all. I thought it would be but it isn't. Can every single mook or bad guy damage him? No, not always...but I find plenty of other ways to challenge him. Mostly by putting innocents in harms way or some kind of terrain problem. When I do want to damage him it isn't that hard. Force Field requre opposed rolls for an Incorp character to pass through. So I apply that logic to force field attacks vs an Incorp character. Also any re-occuring villian knows what power affects the character. And don't forget about mental attacks, dazzle and other powers still work... and Incorporeal villians!

I have run a ton of different game systems. I think Mutants and Masterminds, most of all, really does require that you make the bad guys specificly to fight the good guys. Ex...If you have all grounded villians vs flying characters, those villians are in trouble...So on and So on.... Just my opinion.

I'll be lurking for a while...I 've the whole EPIC storyline and world. Feel free to use Wraith as an NPC if you want.... even kill him off.

And if you ever get and opening in the game I'd love to join..... Maybe this time as Threshold.... my abosorbtion using char.

Raz
You are first on the list :) If I get comfy with the game, I will open it up for you to join in too. Either character is probably good, but I'm still leery of the incorporeal. Oh god, I'm tired, I just used "comfy" in a sentence. Run away!

Calinon

First Post
Everyone but Straightjacket is updated on the website. If anyone wants a copy of the excel spreadsheet with their character, let me know and I'll email it to you. I should have SJ up Wednesday which paves the way to a Thursday or Friday start.

Remove ads