• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Prevention

Darimaus

First Post
OOC: Quick clarification of Mary's actions since initiative started immediatly and her songs can be heard from everyone, so she doesn't have to maintain them.

Her first round then will start with both of the inspire excellences. Second round, she will pull out the Inspire Courage, and add an Inspire Greatness targetted on herself and both of the party dragons. This will deal her 25 subduel damage (12d4), and grant all the targets +6 Hit Dice (d10s), +6 Competence Bonus on Attack Rolls, and +3 Competence Bonus to Fort Saves.

Ivellious

First Post
OCC No I'm fine though now that the way is clear, I assume, I'll keep going to the gate and have Xialanet breath one the enemy army below

"Enough of these distractions! Hurry Xialanet, we must not let that gate fall!" Tharivol cries as he urges the young dragon to keep flying. "What about the black and his rider?" Xialanet calls out as she flies towards the gate only receiving a whispered "You'll see"

Jemal

Adventurer
*OOC* Darimaus : Understood
Ivellious - keep in mind you are 1200 feet from the gate, so if Xialanet breaths, you'll still be a thousand feet away.
Also people, don't forget about the Hole in the wall ~200' to the side of the gate*

Shayuri

First Post
"Use flame blasts, Rhodia!" Athearkepeskorn shouts. "Lets clear the skies of some of these whites!"

No longer concerned about trying to flyby the friendlies, as he can see the bardsong is propagating on its own, Athear flaps powerfully after the closest white dragon, making strange mudras with his foreclaws as Rhodia's hands blaze with celestial fire that streaks out in white-hot arcs. When he's in range, he opens his mouth wide and spits out a huge gout...of fire!

While waiting for his breath to recharge, he contents himself engaging enemy dragons with tooth, claw and tail, attacking with furious power to drive his rivals from the air and win the sky for the defenders!

(I want to take out as many whites as I can this turn, so the defending silvers have the skies clear to hit the invaders with relative impunity. Using my Breath Weapon Substitution spell to breathe fire on the whites, and Rhodia's using Brimstone Blast to shoot fire. On turns I can't blast one, I'll try to engage in melee. Figures in the block.)

[sblock=Combat Stats]Rhodia to hit: +34 ranged touch, 15d6+9 fire. AC 36 (touch AC 27). 407 HP. Fort: 32 (permanant death ward) Ref 29 (evasion) Will: 34. Still has Spell Turning up.

Athearkepeskorn to hit +64 Bite, +62 everything else, 14d8+9 fire breath ref DC 45 for half, AC 58 (touch 26), 753HP. Fort: 45, Ref 23, Will 31. Has Spell Turning up. DR 10/magic, SR 24.
Bite damage: 2d8+40, tailslap 2d6+53, has Flyby Attack and Wingover. Will be Power Attacking for -20 to hit, +20 damage on bite, +40 damage on Tailslap. Reach 15' for bite, 20' for tailslap.[/sblock]

Wrahn

First Post
Let's see if we can limit the mobility of the rider a little. Minathiel thinks to himself when it is clear none of the others are going to act as a team. The Archon disappears and reappears underneath the Black Dragon as it passes overhead. The massive sword swings in powerful arcs.

OOC-
Quickshift teleport (quickened action) to the rear of the dragon. He positions himself, so if he does manage to kill the dragon that it's flight momentum will carry it over and past him, hopefully into enemy lines.

Full attack. If the dragon has obvious protection (Wearing armor, visible magic spells on it) he will attack normally, if not, he full power attacks.
[sblock]AC: 60
HP: 730 + 27 Temp
Additional Defenses:saves: Fort +58 Refl +42 Will +47 Evasion, SR 39, Immunity to Electricity and petrification, DR 10/Evil or 15/Adamantine, Fire Resist 30

Normal:
+79/+74/+69/+64 (+20 BAB, +32 Str, +6 Enhancement, +9 Morale, +6 Luck, +1 Competence, +1 Feat, +5 Epic, -1 Size)
3d6 + 69 (+48 Strength +6 Enhancement +6 Luck +9 Morale) Damage is Epic, Magic, Adamantine, Good and Lawful for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction

Full Power Attack:
+54/+49/+44/+39 (+20 BAB, +32 Str, +6 Enhancement, +9 Morale, +6 Luck, +1 Competence, +1 Feat, +5 Epic, -1 Size, -25 Power Attack)
3d6 + 119 (+48 Strength +6 Enhancement +6 Luck +9 Morale +50 Power Attack) Damage is Epic, Magic, Adamantine, Good and Lawful for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction

Aura of Menace: DC33 Will save to the dragon (the rider will probably be out of range, 20' radius) or take a -2 to Attack, AC and Saves

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
On Mary's third round, she is going to employ two more uses of Inspire Greatness to give the extra 6 HD, +6 to attack and +3 to Fort to Minathiel, Rhodia, Tharivol, Lochlan, Zephyr, and the largest Silver she can spot from the good army (taking 55 Subduel). Afterwards, she is going to cast Lingering Chorus to maintain one of them.

This may be getting ahead of myself, but Mary's forth round is going to be casting Sirine's Grace on herself, and then employing Inspire Excellence again as a swift action for +12 Cha to everyone (72 subduel).

Fifth round she is going to use Divine Shield and pull up a final Inspire Heroics for a +12 to AC and Saves. (48 subduel).

On the sixth round is when she will finally devote herself to combat. Her stats are as follows:
[sblock]
Fort: +70 = 14 Base + 13 Con + 5 Resistance + 21 Divine Grace + 12 Morale + 3 Competence + 2 Insight
Reflex: +62 = 15 Base + 7 Dex + 5 Resistance + 21 Divine Grace + 12 Morale + 2 Insight
Will: +58 = 15 Base + 3 Wisdom + 5 Resistance + 21 Divine Grace + 12 Morale + 2 Insight
AC: 93 = 10 Base + 6 Dex + 9 Armor + 5 Natural Armor + 21 Deflection + 23 Shield + 12 Dodge + 2 Insight + 5 Defending
Initiative: +7
Speed: 60ft
HP: 357 + Bonus 303 - 366 Subduel (after five minutes are up, she is so dropping like a rock lol) = 294
DR: 2/-

Attacks:
Scimitar: +51/+46/+41/+36 1d6+27 damage, 15-20 x2 crit
Longbow: +46/+41/+36/+31 1d8+13 damage, x3 crit [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Islo Round 2

[sblock=Initiative]
Silver Dragons - Go first. (nat 20)
Minathiel - 25
Lochlan & Zephyr - 24(a)
Dark Dragon & Warrior - 24(b)
Silver Knights - 22
Mary - 21
Dark Army - 16
Athear & Rhodia - 14
White Dragons - 11
Tharivol & Xialanet - 5
[/sblock]
The Silver Dragons rear about, going for another pass on the disorganized White's and dropping another 2 of them.
Minathiel dissapears, but does not reappear.
[sblock=Minathiel] Anticipate Teleport, sorry, you'll appear next round and do the action you stated for this round.[/sblock]

Lochlan and Zephyr come about for another pass, The Griffon raking ineffectually at the Dragons Adamantine-hard scales while Lochlan's Staff proves significantly more potent against the rider (155 damage) before they spring past. Growling in anger, the Dragon comes after the Griffon, Grabbing the smaller creature in it's jaws (40 damage) while the Dark Warrior leaps off, his Greatsword glowing with dark power as he reveals huge bat-wings and brings the sword smashing down at Lochlan. The Paladin manages to get his staff up in time to prevent himself from being cut in half, but still feels the jolt of the evil energy coursing through his body (158 damage+ 140 Negative Energy Damage). The Dark Warrior grins evilly as the dark energy courses through you, and continues his assault, a second slice too close to Lochlan's chest leaves a dark red line(84 damage), and a third he manages to knock aside, though the jolt sends aches through his muscles(75 damage). The fourth misses him completly, flying over his head as he ducks under it. (OOC:all but the last one hit, but I describe most hits as scratches/hard blocks until they're actually almost killing you)
"Silly fool, no warrior can best me in single combat! YOU SHALL DIE!"

As Mary continues singing, The Silver Knights and the Dark Army continue their battle, neither side seeming to have the upper hand this round.

Athear turns his head towards the two White's in Melee with him, and blasts them with his Flaming Breath, dropping both of the young dragons. Rhodia finishes off one of the injured three that she shot last turn with a Brimstone Blast to the face, melting it's features as it screams and spirals into the army below. The other two dragons that were injured come in at you again, both scraping ineffectualy at Athear's tough hide as 2 more notice him and start diving towards him.

The rest of the White's flock upwards to the formation of Silver's, a massive draconic 'brawl' ensuing, two Silver's fall from it, one impacting the ground hard, the other screeching in pain as it's rider tries desperately to heal it.

Xialanet and Tharivol find themselves open and unchallenged, and dive at the army, Xialanet Freezing a couple dozen soldiers while slowly moving closer to the gate.

[sblock=Pyrex]
where are you getting the extra 350 HP from? The +12 con from Mary gives you 180, so we're missing 170..[/sblock]
OOC: OK, Mary needs to pick a new target as Minathiel dissapeared before she could target him.

Current #'s (Combat Effective):
Lyrevan Knights - under 300
Dark Army - ~1800
White Dragons(Large, probably young Adult) - 22
Silver Dragons(Medium-Large, probably Young/Juvenile) - 12

Distances(Relative to gates to keep things simple.) : The Dark Dragon is 800' from the gates, Zephyr in Melee with him, Athear and Xialanet are both about 1000' from the gate, Minathiel has dissapeared.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
OOC1: Ow. See, this is why I was campaigning for my DR to improve to Epic. :p

Jemal said:
where are you getting the extra 350 HP from? The +12 con from Mary gives you 180, so we're missing 170..

OOC2: I R bad at math. Somehow I saw "+12 Con" and calculated for "+12 Con Modifier". Which, apparently, I also did wrong. :eek:
I'll get my combat stats straightened out when I post my next action.

Dam/HP: 428/617

Darimaus

First Post
Mary, upon seeing her Archon companion dissappear, holds off on using her second Inspire Greatness (Minathiel, Rhodia, and one random silver) and will switch it for round four's Inspire Excellence (and maintain that with her Lingering Chorus). The Inspire Greatness will be used in round four in the Inspire Excellences stead.

Remove ads