Epic Problem : Prevention

Jemal

Adventurer
*OOC*:
Good Team:
Shayuri - Silver Dragon w/ Rider
Ivellious - Paladin Riding a Silver Dragon (No known relation to previous character)
Darimaus - Human Paladin/Bard/SeekerOfSong
Wrahn - Trumpet Archon
Pyrex - Paladin

This is the IC thread for my Good team for the Epic Problem game. (See first post of OOC thread for Background).

*IC*
You all know of the Legend ban, and have recently been told that your birthmarks, in addition to making strange things seem to happen around you all too frequently, will allow you to pass through the barrier and into the material plane. You also know that you're not the only ones with such marks, and that somehow these 7 beings that are currently terrorizing the material plane have somehow ALSO managed to break through the barrier. The seven of you are (Counting the two silver dragons and their riders) the only Marked who showed up to speak to the Committee about figuring out what's in there.

As you assemble in the main Committee room of the Observatory, you can hear outside the swarms trying to get through the barrier, fighting each other and the few who are trying to restore order.

"Lets make this quick" Says the Solar 'Makariel' "there is much bloodshed going on out there and I would like to do something about it before it escalates to full out war. I had hoped more of the Marked would appear to help us, but we haven't the time to wait, and as I have heard, perhaps with SOME of them, the fact that they are not here is a good thing. We have searched our memories, our archives, everything, and could not find a single reference to this foretelling in which you are mentioned. However, there is a man on the Prime who would be able to help you. An ancient bard, the only mortal who was alive before the ban, and I hear he has been around longer than even the great Patriarch here."
The Solar gestures to the Great Prismatic Wyrm laying nearby, who nods.
"The Ancient One has been there for as long as dragons have memory. If any know of this Foretelling, it will be him. He has chosen to reside in peace on the Material plane for the same reason that the Ban was first instituted... He became sick of all the over-powered beings trying to carve a little hole for themselves." His deep rumbling voice reverberates around the gigantic room for a few seconds after he stops talking, and the third member, a Halfling that you all recognize steps forward.

"Hello again, old friends" Says the Demi-god of Adventurers "As you may have surmised by their relative silence and lack of a representative, the greater Gods have decided to stay out of this, though why they have not chosen to say. I believe it to be related to an old rumour about the ban, that it was both proposed AND opposed by various Gods, and that the ones who lost may be responsible for our current situation. Who they may be is, unfortunately unknown. I can say, however, that those breaking the ban are doing so with some degree of divine help, whether one of them has divine powers, or a God is backing them." He sighs and sits on the table. "As far as I can tell, what we need to do is get you guys in there, find the old man..." *He is cut off by a growl from the dragon* "Uh, I mean find the 'Ancient One', and get him to tell you... well, basically what to do. I can also tell you that you need to be quick about it. As you may guess, most of the more powerful adventurers on the Prime are worshippers, wether directly or through their actions, of myself, and I have been feeling a rather large drop in their activities and powers."

"Now" Continues Makariel "There is nothing else of note that we can tell you, so if you would accompany us, we will help you get through the crowd out there safely so you can enter the barrier." As he finishes speaking, another Solar appears in the room in a flash of light. "Sir, a half dozen individuals just blasted their way through the mob outside and went into the portal! I was unable to Identify them, but with the ease they destroyed the demons and angels in their way, and the flash the portal gave off when they passed through..."

They all turn to look at you "I guess that means GO." Quips the halfling "Anything else pressing you need here?"

Pyrex

First Post
Lochlan stands, looking incongruous among those assembled dressed as he is in a simple peasant robe of brown homespun belted with a frayed strand of hemp rope and carrying nothing but a 6' tall rough-hewn staff as thick as his wrist.

"Do you know anything of the Ancient One's location on the Prime?"

Jemal

Adventurer
The dragon looks over to you "He spends his days travelling with a caravan, but he will know you are searching for him. Look to areas where the populace is in need of education, that is where he will be, doing his part to eradicate ignorance. He will find you if you are worthy."

Wrahn

First Post
Minathiel's eyes narrow, "We can not assume those who just broke through the lines do not know of this mortal. We also can not assume their intentions are pure. His life may very well be in jeopardy. So come my new companions, haste is called for and every moment we take proving our worthiness may jeopardizes it further."

Shayuri

First Post
The larger of the two silver dragons present rears up on his hind legs and beats at the air with his enormous wings before settling. He raises his head up upon its serpentine neck and bugles in a voice like a trumpet section, "OPEN WIDE THE DOORS THEN! THE PRIME AWAITS!"

Clearly discernable is excitement and a barely restrained eagerness. In a special saddle between the elephantine-sized dragon's shoulders is a female elf of exquisite beauty; red haired and tanned skin, who waves an arm and shouts her support of that position.

The moment the way from the Observatory is clear, the dragon launches himself from where he perchest, catching the air with his wings halfway to the doors, folding them tightly as he passes through, only to spread them again on the far side. The fighting crowd outside finds itself in his fast-moving shadow as he circles the Observatory once to see if the others are coming just yet.

Ivellious

First Post
The smaller of the two dragons watches as the adult begins to fly away and looks back to her companion on her back. In his sliver dragon scale armor with a painted purple dragon with bloody slashes on the chest, and a sliver shield to match, the half elven nods to her, and then looks down at the purple dragon on his chest. He then touches the emblem, especially where the have been painted red slashes on it, as the younger dragon takes flight

Wrahn

First Post
Minathiel watches the dragon's exuberance disapprovingly, but then smiles to himself as he remembers that he has been chided for being too judgemental by Pistis Sophia herself. Looking at his two remaining companions, he realizes he has no idea of the capabilities.

"Do either of you fly?"

Darimaus

First Post
Mary adjusts her shield and clothing. "I guess you will be needed again my friend." she whispers sadly to Sirine, her blade. Mentalling bracing herself for the coming ordeals, she pauses for a moment, and then sighs. "I'm ready." She declares to nobody in particular.

Turning to Minathiel, she smiles. "Sadly, I cannot fly."

Wrahn

First Post
He nods at the paladin and then turns to the woman, stooping down, offering her his arm, "If you would permit me, I can carry you until we find some better means for you to travel."

(assuming consent)

Minathiel takes he by the waist as if she weighed nothing, his wing gracefully taking them aloft. The air hardly stirs at their passing unlike the hurricane like force the dragons generate. Staying close to the paladin and his mount, he follows the dragons into open air.

"I am Minathiel, a trumpet archon in service to the Hebdomad. I am a warrior by nature, but I have some skill with divine magic."
The archon says, introducing himself.

Remove ads