• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic] Scions of the Endless Falls

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Sindol of the Dusk, Blackstorm, Demon of Slaughter.

The skyes darkened and hallow echo of enraged horse was heard. And several thousands of feet afar appeared small speck.Where's this wizard ?

"Arr ! Don't die just yet ! God forsaken gityhanki ! Die !"

He get upset seeing sudden dissaperance of Melveran and started bloodshed, first he whispered something and in his hand appeared seven black feathered arrows with viciously barbed arrowheads. He smiled, eyes expression obscured by red headband. He snarled and smiled wickedly while pulling. He stepped forward and released howling death upon enemies with a grunt of pleasure in anticipation of glorious battle !

OOC: Sindol is 2740' avay from the party. Spot check to see any details on them: :uhoh: Natural 20 ? Ok, it mean 75 Spot Check, he sees Arion's false personality right away and it mean not that he sees trough disguise. He is too far avay. As well as rest of people assembled, Half Dragon next to him, and "enemies" hovering above them.

Battle Stats: Initiative=27 He is shooting at one of caster-looking githyanki, closest one.
Ranged: Attack Action: +55 dmg:24+4 Sonic/+58 dmg:25+2 Sonic (Wich include 1 point of Vile damage from each succesful hit).

DMG: d8+23+d6 (1 Vile, d6 Sonic or 2d10 Sonic on Critical hit). Ignore hardness and construct immunity to criticals, as well as all DR. :]

Defenses: AC 49(+13 Dex,+5 Natural,+8 Braces,+7 Shield,+5 Deflection,+1 Belt)
Evasion Special Ability, saves: Fort+28, Ref+32,Will+23, 336 HP.
Anyone trying to use divinations on Sindol suffer from Psychic Poison for d6 Int Dmg and after minute from second dose, then get his full attention. :]
Blur and Nondetection from Mantle of Great Stealth.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
What the...? Oh, that's just weird. I had rather hoped that Sindol hadn't made it.

(Isida, the following assumes that the archer just appeared in the sky and... yeah.)

Mentally sighing, Arion glances up at Qu'var and apologizes. "I'm sorry, I'm getting my Faustian bargains mixed up - I agreed to finish off a Power for Tiamat, and provide protomatter for you guys. No matter. It seems you have to deal with an enraged bowman at the moment. Good luck!" Melavarn gives the githyanki a great big grin and a thumbs up, and then vanishes.

As he hides, Arion draws Akumunaga, and begins to observe the githyanki diplomat.

(I guess this is my surprise round, since combat has evidently just started. I'm posting just my Hide check for the moment, but I'll figure out my other stats a bit later tonight and post them as well.)

Hide: 81 I also move 32 feet away, to increase the penalty for distance and get a bit further away from the battle.

Sindol - You're so far away (I assume by 2800' you mean "as far as possible to retain line of sight and make myself heard") that you haven't got a chance at seeing through my Disguise. Note that you're well out of true seeing range, so the DC is 105 with the magical component.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The githyanki look startled, and Qu'var's anger fades into an expression of apprehension. Sindol is a bare blip on the horizon, so far away is he. However, his arrows are as big a threat as if he were right next to them. The male arcanist takes two arrows in his stomach, and doubles over in pain. A shrill screaming and a stink of vile brimstone accompanies the arrows.

OOC - Male arcanist takes 55 points of damage and 2 points of vile damage, but he's not dead yet. This is essentially a surprise round, so if anyone else cares to take an action before the githyanki do, please let me know. Ferrix, do you intend to eviscerate them? ;)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ferrix said:
Suddenly alerted to the shift in the Gith's reaction, Sigrún lets out a mental call to Arion, "Drop the act, they've gone angry." He then manifests a power to protect him from offensive powers, and then another where he accelerates in time to manifest a flurry of defensive powers and then ascend out of the ground into the air to survey the situation before manifesting a set of six gargantuan constructs in key points around the githyanki party, his temporal-spacio form shuddering with a thousand possible futures as he rejoins the current time-frame.

Construct Stat Block: [sblock]
15th-level Astral Construct (29pp) +4 augment (33pp) +2 Twin (35pp) -4 power preservation (31pp), 6 constructs
Gargantuan Construct
Hit Dice: 36d10+60 (420hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 60 ft.
Armor Class: 65 (+39 natural, +20 Deflection, -4 size), touch 26, flat-footed 25
Base Attack/Grapple: +28/+74
Attack: Slam +54 melee (4d8+30)
Full Attack: 2 slams +54 melee (4d8+30), 2 slams +52 melee (4d8+30)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: One ability from Menu F, construct traits, damage reduction
15/-, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +12, Refl +12, Will +12
Abilities: Str 71, Dex 11, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 10
Skills: -
Feats: -

Abilities:
B
-Improved Grab
-Extra Arms
C
-Blindsight (60 ft.)
-Constrict (deals slam damage on a successful grapple check)
D
-Vampiric Attack (heals 1/2 back)
-Toughest (10 hp/HD)
E
-Energy Adaptation (Energy Res. 30)
-Superior Fast Healing (fh 10)
F's
-Draining Strike (1d4 negative levels)
-Reddopsi (constant)
-True Deflection (+20 deflection bonus)[/sblock]
[/ooc][/size]
*The Architect's constructs, multi-limbed, glowing with power and blurred within their protections, appear around the githyanki party, clearly able to strike as the will of their creator, presumably the slender man below, whose frame practically shudders with power most of these githyanki can barely dream of.*

*Within the cave Fairweather hears the Architect's warning, and turns to Rahveon.*

"Would you care for a mount to match your size?" she says with a faint ghost of a smile. She signals for her tiger to stay put, and with a strange warping of her body, becomes a mount large enough to bear even the Mountain Shaker with ease (see attachement).

OOC - Anybody else care to add to the mayhem before the githyanki act?

Attachments

• ElephantDog2.JPG
    ElephantDog2.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 60

Kelleris

Explorer
Arion will stay hidden for the time being.

Isida: [sblock]Did Arion hide in the surprise round or (because I pointed out Sindol as I was hiding) initiate the battle by hiding? In the latter case, have I got a standard action to work with for the surprise round? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Zack2216

First Post
Bodyguard, I feel insulted. Slay me for appeasement? Now I think you have some roles confused.
Init roll 13
PP before the crazy, 483
Su'ryuu manifests Temporal Acceleration as a swift action(augmented by 8 pp, 19pp total spent), time drips before her in her hyper accelerated state.

Round 1.1- reduced to 237 pp
-standard action, manifests Fission [creates a duplicate of me with the same stats, none of my equipment (though abilities stay the same), has 2 negative levels, for determining what powers she can manifest (not how much she can augment, I assume), and my power points are split in half with her. 13 pp spent, 28 manifester level, lasts 28 rounds]
-move action, gain psionic focus
-swift action, manifest a quickened, augmented inertial armor (free with automatic quicken power) using wild surge +8 (27 pp spent, 35 effective). +21 armor bonus, lasts 36 hours
Psychic enervation: roll 93 (assuming 1-40 = daze). Also, Surging Euphoria kicks in, giving me +32 moral to my save rolls, attack rolls and damage rolls for 8 rounds.
Round 1.2-
-swift action, manifest Vigor (a.q.p. feet) (140 bonus temporary hps; 28 pp spent, lasts 28 minutes)
-standard action, manifest schism [7 pp spent, lasts 28 rounds, cloned mind has a standard action each round to perform a mental action (like manifest a power, however at a -6 level penalty for determnining accessable powers and potential pp spent).
Round 1.3-
-swift action, manifest sadism (3 pp, lasts 28 minutes, for every 10 pts of damage dealt, you gain a +1 luck bonus to attack rolls, saves, and skill checks next round)
-standard action

The Clone (from fission, starts with 237 pp)
She manifests temporal acceleration (augmented by 8 pp, 19 pp total)
-standard action- manifests schism (7 pp spents, lasts 28 minutes
-move action, gains psionic focus
-swift action- manifests inertial armor using Wild Surge +8 (27 pp spent, effective 35 total, 36 manifester, +21 armor bonus) [Psychic Enervation roll 23. Clone becomes dazed for a round and loses 28 pp.
The clone is dazed
-standard action, manifest sadism (3 pp, 28 manifester level, 28 minutes)
-swift action, manifest quickened vigor with wild surge +8 (1 pp base, 27 augment, 36 effective, 36 manifester level, +180 bonus hp) Psychic enervation roll of 51. Surging Euphoria Kicks in, granting a +32 moral bonus to attack, damage, and save rolls.

Su'ryuu returns to normal time with a companion who looks exactly like her, except that she is half her size, though both of them are aglow with psionic energies, her and her clone's eyes both glowing a brilliant orange.

Each simultaneously turns their wrathful gaze towards the Gith leader, each an exact mirror to the other. Backs to each other, their heads turned, they both simultaneously raise their palms towards the gith party. Large orbs of energy appear in their palms, aswell as similar orbs above their heads, and they are immediately fired off at several of the gith party members.
Su'ryuu is manifesting 2 energy stuns (both standard actions, one normal, one from the partitioned mind)
#1- Manifester level 28, 3 pp base, 23 pp augment, 2 pp empower, 36d6+36 fire damage ref dc 49(aimed at the psion), dc 49 will to resist stun if he fails the reflex save
#2- Manifester level 22, 3 pp base, 19 pp augment, 20d6+20 fire damage, ref dc 45 (aimed at the arcanist farthest away from her). dc 45 will to resist stun if he fails the reflex save
She spends her move equivelant action regaining her psionic focus.

Su'ryuu's clone is manifesting 2 energy stuns (both standard actions, one normal, one from the partitioned mind)
#1- Manifester level 28, 3 pp base, 23 pp augment, 2 pp empower, 36d6+36 cold damage fort dc 49 (aimed at the ranger), dc 49 will to resist stun if he fails the reflex save
#2- Manifester level 22, 3 pp base, 19 pp augment, 20d6+20 fire damage, ref dc 45 aimed at the arcanist closest to her. dc 45 will to resist stun if he fails the reflex save

OOC:
Su'ryuu has the current buffs going: inirtial armor (+21 armor bonus to AC), schism (extra manifestation/mental action per round), Vigor (140 bonus hp), sadism, and Surging Euphoria (+32 to attack, damage, and saves) [47 AC, 336 hp, 140 temp hp, +56 Fort, +56 Will, +55 Ref, init +8, 60 ft. move, 109 pp]
Su'ryuu's Clone has inertial armor (+21 armor bonus), schism (extra manifestation/mental action per round), vigor (150 bonus hp), sadism, and Wild surge (+32 to attack, damage and save rolls) [42 AC, 336 hp, 180 temp hp, +50 Fort, +50 Ref, +51 will, init +8, 30 ft. move, 75 pp left]
both are shaken for a round due to the effects of temporal acceleration

edit: changed text size, corrected some action errors

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Sigrún (ac59, hp271/271, tHP 175/175, pp679/837)

Same Round - Forgot that his constructs can act immediately once created, thus they go once he returns from his temporal acceleration

Sigrún watches Su'ryuu split and manifest her power, interesting, impressive at least in the short term. From his ethereal vantage, Sigrún directs his six constructs to reach up and strike the githyanki, grappling if they can, the first four reaching for both arcanists and the psions, while the last two reach up, one grasping for the ranger, the other for the monk.

Initiative Roll: 20 + 6 = 26

Final Active Powers: Inertial Armor (31 hours), Overland Flight (31 hours), Mind Blank (1 day), Energy Conversion (310 min.), Detect Hostile Intent (310 min.), Etherealness (31 min.), Power Resistance (31 min.), Vigor (31 min.), True Metabolism (31 min.), Defensive Precognition (31 min.), Probability Mantle (31 rnd), Schism (31 rnd)
Innate Powers: Detect Psionics, Psionic Darkvision, Detect Remote Viewing, Psionic Tongues
Item Effects: Touchsight, True Seeing, Deathward, Freedom of Movement, Hustle, Adaptation

Construct Attacks (hit roll*, damage roll)
#1 Attacks Psion #1: (73, 48), (65, 49), (56, 55), (70, 44)
#2 Attacks Psion #2: (59, 51), (60, 41), (64, 47), (66, 44)
#3 Attacks Mage #1: (64, 44), (64, 44), (59, 52), (53 - nat. 1, 48)
#4 Attacks Mage #2: (58, 47), (59, 51), (63, 55), (56, 48)
#5 Attacks Monk: (70, 52), (58, 44), (57, 51), (70, 46)
#6 Attacks Ranger: (71, 50), (71, 45), (56, 52), (56, 46)

*attacks which hit inflict 1d4 negative levels and trigger an automatic grapple check +74, if grapple check is successful inflicts 4d8+30 damage due to Constriction.

Construct Stat Block: [sblock]
15th-level Astral Construct, 6 constructs
Gargantuan Construct
Hit Dice: 36d10+60 (420hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 60 ft.
Armor Class: 65 (+39 natural, +20 Deflection, -4 size), touch 26, flat-footed 25
Base Attack/Grapple: +28/+74
Attack: Slam +54 melee (4d8+30)
Full Attack: 2 slams +54 melee (4d8+30), 2 slams +52 melee (4d8+30)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: One ability from Menu F, construct traits, damage reduction
15/-, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +12, Refl +12, Will +12
Abilities: Str 71, Dex 11, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 10
Skills: -
Feats: -

Abilities:
B
-Improved Grab
-Extra Arms
C
-Blindsight (60 ft.)
-Constrict (deals slam damage on a successful grapple check)
D
-Vampiric Attack (heals 1/2 back)
-Toughest (10 hp/HD)
E
-Energy Adaptation (Energy Res. 30)
-Superior Fast Healing (fh 10)
F's
-Draining Strike (1d4 negative levels)
-Reddopsi (constant)
-True Deflection (+20 deflection bonus)[/sblock]
[/ooc]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Su'ryuu now glows with psionic power, her and her twin. The Architects constructs lunge at the githyanki and the carnage is swift and certain. The two mages fall in small shreads, the monk and ranger are grappled and badly wounded, though not dead. One psion is ripped in twain. However, the second psion seems to glow briefly when the constructs touch him, then their claws go through him. The second psion vanishes into this protomatter.*

*The four warriors and Qu'var stand in mid-air, utterly astonished, thoroughly flabbergasted, and definitely angry.*

OOC - You crazy spellcasters/psions would recognize the effect as a contingency spell, a couple of them. Etherealness and word of recall to be precise.

Kelleris

Explorer
Arion - hp, 312 (42 temp), AC 46, Melee 53, Fort32/Ref36/Will24, Slots: 3/4/3/5/5/4/4

Initiative: 25.

animate objects (on surrounding terrain), heroism, freedom of movement, glibness, glittering razors, misdirection (reads as a tree stump), Nystul's undetectable aura (on Akumunaga, the Serpent’s Nightmare, boots of springing, striding, and haste, charm of the Mugenaga clan, cloak of defense, greater bracers of throwing, greater luck stone, lesser crown of mastery, metamagic rod of disguise spell, ring of regeneration, sacred scrolls of the Mugenaga clan, devil’s own luck, lightning hands, perfected chakras, personal pocket dimension, protector’s instinct, predator’s instinct, and unchained soul), pass without trace, tongues, undetectable alignment, unseen servant, yang dance, yin dance, and zone of silence

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads