• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic] Scions of the Endless Falls

Wrahn

First Post
Rahveon smiles and the gigantic dog like thing, though it is difficult to tell, his face hidden behind the faceplate of his helm.

"I would be honored." his great wings beat down once taking him into the air, and then agilily on to her back.

I hope this riding thing is going to be easier than it looks as Rahveon begins to hold on for dear life.

OOC: As previously stated his initiative roll is 21. If they arrive at the scene in enough time, Rahveon will Charge one of the Warriors. He will full Power attack hitting an Armor Class of 47 for 3d6 (16) + 2d6 (holy) (4) + 46 + 46 (power attack) or 112 total. He can charge 140' If he kills that one and has enough reach (10') to be able to cleave he will:
hitting an AC of 54 for 111 and once more for the off chance great cleave kicks in hitting an AC 50 for 108

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Sindol of the Dusk, Blackstorm, Demon of Slaughter.

Elf was watching for a moment how his perfect shots reached towards the githyanki spellcaster, wounding him severly with sympathetic explosions of noise ... he clearly saw brimstone marks on the wounds and smirked. Once, when drunk, he shot his own foot and had to pay a bucket of gold to heal such nasty wound. Of course he later robbed the temple ... since stupid priestess didn't wanted any safepromises, stunned look on her face was extremly amusing.

And then something extremly stunning started. First, half-dragon ... visibly touched by some chaotic force, with nice fair hair ... just split into twins, bigger and smaller. And blasted half of nonarmed githyanki party. Just like that. Sindol's eyebrows moved up from beyond his eyes covering red bandana.

"Interesting."

And then from the air appreared clearly summoned monsters he never saw before ! Six of them and they just obliterated most of remaining spellslingers. Elf Prince's face became blank and slighty paler under his reddish suntan.

"She definitively have something in herself ... Chmm, these monsters remind me of ... this legend about ultimate psion, Sigon or something ... maybe she is that psion ?"

And when from the cave come something undescribable and hit one of remaining warriors with force that he felt even that far away ... Riding ugliest dog he ever saw.

"Just perfect. Not only Malveran dissapeared ... but I have to deal with Power-ranked half-dragon, who slaughtered elite Githyanki as if they were babies. And strange demon lord riding such ... ugly dog. Well, what next ? Invasion of Gods ? I guess that demanding right to my kill is quite meaningless now ... well, mom is dead anyway."

OOC:
OMG ! Ikes, Sindol moves forward at full speed. Since his attacking of PC's is forbidden and attacking Githyanki is pointless ... :uhoh:

Battle Stats:
Initiative:27
Ranged Attack: +50 (+24 BAB,+1 Feat,+13 Dex,+10 Arrow,+2 Competence)
DMG: d8+23+d6(+10 Arrow,+6 Str, +5 Impact,+1 Vile,+1 Competence,+d6 Sonic or crit +2d10 Sonic) Epic dmg, Ignore hardness and construct immunity to criticals, as well as all DR.

Defenses: AC 49(+13 Dex,+5 Natural,+8 Braces,+7 Shield,+5 Deflection,+1 Belt)
Evasion Special Ability, saves: Fort+28, Ref+32,Will+23, 336 HP.
Anyone trying to use divinations on Sindol suffer from Psychic Poison for d6 Int Dmg and after minute from second dose, then get his full attention.
Blur and Nondetection from Mantle of Great Stealth.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
From the previous round...

*Su'ryuu's potent energy blasts from herself and her twin explode in the ranks of the githyanki warriors, pushing them nearly into oblivion in an instant. One explodes in frozen shards, dead, while another is badly burned and stunned. The ranger, targeted by her twin, also is frozen into dust, while the construct that his holding her is badly frostbitten, but alive and unstunned. A third warrior is engulfed in flames and screams, stunned, but alive.*

In the current round...

*Sindol's arrows seek out the heart of one of the wounded warriors, as no arcanists are currently alive to bother him. Two arrows strike home in the chest of the first burned warrior, felling her. Her body writhes with electricity and blackens with the touch of purest evil. Sigrun's constructs continue their reign of terror, ripping the monk apart limb from limb, grasping the two still-living warriors and doing the same. Qu'var is left along amidst the carnage.*

*Rahveon and Fairweather charge from the cave only to find the battle nearly already over. Qu'var raises his hands in a calming gesture, looking very well composed for a man splattered with the blood and brains of his bodyguards.*

"Apparently we will have to negotiate some new terms. Please, let me know what you require," he says smoothly. Beneath the facade, however, his voice is very tight and controlled.

OOC:
Initiative
Sindol - 27
Sigrun - 26
Arion - 25
Rahveon - 21
Fairweather - 15
Githyanki - 14
Su'ryuu - 13

Sy'ryuu's energy pushes deal 146 (to a warrior, dead), 122 (to a warrior, still alive), 161 (to the ranger, dead, and the construct, alive and unstunned), and 97 points of damage (to a warrior, not dead, but stunned).

Sindol finishes off the first wounded warrior with two hits: +55 dmg:24+4 Sonic/+58 dmg:25+2 Sonic (Which include 1 point of Vile damage from each succesful hit). Sigrun's constructs continue their rampage, leaving the diplomat untouched for the time being... right? Correct me if you want him to die.

Rahveon, Su'ryuu, tell me what you would like to do, given the circumstances.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post

OOC: Listen Check 39, to overhear Diplomat's "begging". :p Ride Check 66 to squezze more speed from the horse, who runs towards the party ! :D

One more thing: I use Dark Red, when Sindol is agressively speaking/thinking and Purple when his voice/thought is calm. Italics for thoughts.

Sindol urged his horse to greatest speed, and smirked with contempt when he overheard githyanki's bold speech. He mumbled to himself, watching him without pity.

"I suggest falling on Your belly and grovelling, larvae."

Yes, day was beautiful today ... despite insult in the form of destruction of his homeland. He grinned to himself. It regrows anyway, but just one dead body doesn't satisfy me ... ones responsibles will die. Even if they are gods..

"Just like that."

He snapped his fingers and black feathered arrows appeared in it.

Ferrix

Explorer
Sigrún will let his astral constructs wait, silent as the protomatter beyond their small piece of land, for the others to renegotiate with Qu'var. "Sorry about that, it seemed most appropriate to take a course of action that did not let them strike first," he mentally asserts to Arion.

Kelleris

Explorer
Hmph. A disgusting show of force, that.

Arion dashes forward, still hidden, and hops up to one of the higher branches of the nearby forest before pointing at Qu'var with Akumunaga unsheathed and glowing with pearlescent light. "Sorry to abuse you like that, but I imagine this lot'll be back on their feet in a week, only a little worse for the wear. Now. I'm listening. You'd better start talking, and telling me something I'd like to hear."

Intimidate - 42. To spook Qu'var a little.

Bardic Knowledge - 66. How did Qu'var get possessed by the Lich-Queen? Once I know, I'm going to telepathically ask whoever in the party's got the requisite spell/power to dispel the effect or item so I can talk in peace with someone who knows better to get all hissy over a little sacrilege.

Rushed Diplomacy - 27. To give Qu'var the impression that I'm a reasonable man, if somewhat irked by his party's overbearing actions.

Zack2216

First Post
Grinning agreeably with the carnage, the twins lower their hands, and look onward to Quvar, giving him a stare that just asks for more trouble. They wait patiently for him to make a move.

Just showy enough to put the chips on our side. Nothing more for me to say here.

edit: action changed for better understanding.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post

OOC: Given time, elf will come near, smile nicely to Su'ryuu and rob "his kill" of anything looking valuably ... virtually anything, maybe except silver sword wich he will use to cut off the head of his newest victim. Evil ! Evil ! Evil ! :]

Smiling happily he rides like wind, enjoying the moment to it's fullest.

Kelleris

Explorer
Seeing the Blood Archer approaching the bodies, Arion calls out to him - "Sindol, I wouldn't touch those weapons if I were you. Every last one of them is cursed, and functions only for githyanki. And who know what else they'll do to you..."

To Qu'var he telepathically adds, If you start talking you may even get to keep your gear, and you won't have to explain to Vlaa'kith how you lost hundreds of thousands of crowns in ensorceled gear.

Bluff check to get Blackstorm to back off the pointies for the moment - 70.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post

Elf stopped for a moment, reminding himself of this and that ... then proceeded with chopping off the head of the githyanki warrior who were unfortunate enough to fall to his arrows. Gazing closely on the body, and robbing it anyway. But tossing on the pile, the items in such clever way that doesn't touched any of the enchanted ones. Cut head he impaled on the silver sword of said githyanki used as spear equivalent. Happy he shaked off the blood in practiced gesture and turned his face to Arion, currently absolutely devoid of any emotion.

"Don't teach the father how to make children, little human. Better find me this Malveran, quickly ..."

OOC: Bluff could work, and You conviced Sindol for if I would, somehow miracle may happen, beat the DC you given me ... Elf would have no choice but to "attack" the liar, at least verbally. And I assume that Your PC dropped the disguise, Kelleris. Am I correct ?

And ... Sindol is threatening Arion verbally, Intimidiation and such I won't make rolls we are Players after all. ;)

Then he stared at the remaining githyanki, and smiled ... like cat who chased the mice to the point of no escape.

"You are the leader of those invaders ? Och, I'll be generous and let You convice me to spare your life. I could sacrifice You as victory entertaiment later ...For example, tell me who did it, I'm not willing to waste time in researching the inevitable. If it was You ... I promise to give You swift, clean death."

OOC: Of course Elf is speaking about the overall state of his homeland.

Remove ads