Episode 3 and Revisions

EdwardForrester

First Post
Revision List

I was just curious how many books there are that were made before the revisions. Also I know all of them say that they are all compatable but in the older ones are there some glaring pre-revision problems or are they honestly okay to use with the new stuff. Thanks again for all the info.

DarkSoldier

First Post
EdwardForrester said:
I was just curious how many books there are that were made before the revisions. Also I know all of them say that they are all compatable but in the older ones are there some glaring pre-revision problems or are they honestly okay to use with the new stuff. Thanks again for all the info.
Published before the RCR: Invasion of Naboo, Tempest Feud, Starships of the Galaxy, Secrets of Tatooine, Rebellion Era Sourcebook, New Jedi Order Sourcebook, Dark Side Sourcebook.

SotG is easy to convert; double the DR ratings and apply them to shields, then figure out the ship's speed (in squares, due to the OCR's abstract vehicle combat system).

Wherever personal armour is referenced, reduce the armour's Defence rating by 2 and that's the armour's DR rating. Some feats were changed, removed, or became class abilities.

All in all, the changes are not that drastic.

Shin Okada

Explorer
I want another revision

Though starship/vehicle combat system in the 2nd printing was better than it's of 1st one, I still don't like the way they treat starships and vehicles. I will be if they revise those rules again and make starship combat more heroic. I miss d6 Star Wars. In that game we could make and develop really heroic pilot who can dance with a wing of TIE Fighters without scratch. At least, starships in d6 system did not have fixed AC.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
EdwardForrester said:
Is it possible in the rules to use your lightsaber as a big can opener on doors.

Yes.

Unlike (most? all?) other weapons in the Star Wars RPG, Light Sabers ignore hardness. Thus while a huge battle axe MAY do a point or a few points of damage against a blast door, with most attacks dealing zero damage past the hardness, the lightsaber does full damage each round to the door.

Kemrain

First Post
Not to jack the thread, but...
EdwardForrester said:
Is it possible in the rules to use your lightsaber as a big can opener on doors.

Do it enough, and the GM will throw you someplace that has Cortisis imbedded in the walls, just to screw with ya.

It's certanly possible. In the last game I played, this was a lifesaving combat maneuver. Just remember to put a kill switch on that thing, otherwise when the BBEG disarms you, your blade will rupture the hull of the ship you're in and you'll depressurize the cabin. Whee!

I bought the first book, and the second, and I'll buy a third, but I'm a Star Wars Whore. It's my job. I do, however, suspect that a third book will be released, and it will be as substantially different from the Second corebook as it was to the first.

- Kemrain the Jedi Marauder.

Last edited:

EdwardForrester

First Post
Kemrain said:
Not to jack the thread, but...

Do it enough, and the GM will throw you someplace that has Cortisis imbedded in the walls, just to screw with ya.

It was just a idle question, I wouldnt do it for sillyness, but it would be cool to do it. Thanks.

Remove ads