Equivalent Exchange: Episode 3--Crimson Eternal

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al blinks in surprise as the newcomers file into the office.

'Selim Bradley... So is he the old Fuhrer's son? But he kinda looks like Fuhrer Mustang.' 'Huh? What's Elysia doing here?'

He looks at the dark woman for a while, as he gets the impression that there is something he ought to remember, though nothing comes to him. The other woman is probably the strangest of the bunch both in her looks and her clothing.

Alphonse is caught by surprise by Elysia's sudden outburst and subsequent assault and stands somewhat stiffly, as he returns the verbal part of her greeting and a slight smile. "Oh uh, hi Elysia. What are you doing here?"

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Selim salutes his superior.

"Lieutenant Miller is not presently a threat, Brigadier General. Ms Hughes and I interupted the suspect's attempt on this woman's life," he explained rather simply, indicating Laura, "I believe he fled on hearing people approach. We pursued the suspect into the ruins of a military research facility. It was a lengthy process, but upon cornering the suspect and a creature of his creation they destroyed themselves. We found Lieutenant Miller at the scene of the suspect's suicide, she holds the suspect's remains. I will have a written report covering the events in detail by later this afternoon, or tomorrow morning at latest."

Selim's verbal report leaves a number of unsavoury details omitted, but it seems likely he may add them in his written report. He stands at ease, and looks as though he would have no trouble waiting hours for a response if necessary.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Private Bradley... Hawkeye doesn't move her hand, "Step away from the homunculus."

[SBLOCK=Laura]Nope, not you! Laura can react though, as that statement is probably a scare.[/SBLOCK]

"Kate Miller is dead...a casualty of war. And if she was alive, she couldn't be that age...Look at her, she can't be much more than in her early twenties, the same age as when she died in Ishbal many years ago, but...Lieutenant Miller of Special Ops trained me when I was starting out. She should be almost forty...she was ten years my senior."

"Riza...you're Brigadier General now? It's been that long? You've grown into a beautiful and confident woman since the last time I saw you...and how are things with Roy Mustang?" Miller asks, a bit disoriented.

*Hawkeye seems even more confused and her eyes show that she is a bit spooked, though still in control. At the last question, it almost seems like she blushes slightly, but she tightens her lips and remains calm--Hawkeye blush? No, it must have been your imagination. Nonetheless, her hand moves back to a comfortable more casual position, away from the gun.*

"I thought homunculi don't remember their past except in flashes of unwanted memory without details...Alphonse, do you think she's like you? Did someone have a Philosopher's Stone?"

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Alphonse begins to stare at Lieutenant Miller when Hawkeye calls her a homunculus. It certainly doesn't seem right from what he'd heard about the ones he'd dealt with in the past.

"I don't know... I'd hate to think that someone created another stone, and if they had surely someone would have heard about it. You would have to wipe out an entire city... I don't think that's it."

Raylis

First Post
A knife appears in Elysia's hand at the mention of the world homunculus and she lets go of Al turning to face Miller, her eyes sizing up the woman. It failed?

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al quickly jumps between Elysia and Miller, waving his hands disarmingly. "Whoa, just wait a second Elysia! It's like General Hawkeye said, if she were a Homunculi she wouldn't remember who she was meant to be. There must be some other explanation. I mean, what were you even doing following a criminal into an abandoned military complex?"

OOC: Gads this would be cleared up so fast if Al just had his memory!

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Elysia is a competent girl, sir. I was there to apprehend the suspect and she assisted me," Selim explained to the alchemist, after taking a few steps away from Miller as Hawkeye had instructed.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Thank you Private Bradley. Since it seems she isn't a homunculus, at ease. Now tell me any clues you might have. Perhaps Fullmetal will understand this better. If these civilians assisted and they know anything else, they can report as well. Both of you are to be commended for your aid, although I will point out that you were both in an area that is restricted to civilians. Elysia, you especially should stay away from such a dangerous place."

'Elysia...poking around in Lab 5 is what got Maes killed...I don't know what Roy would do if you died like that too. You were everything to Maes'

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al looks over his shoulder at Selim, "I know- I mean, that's not what I mean. What I mean is, there must be more to this. What were the suspect and the creature like? What do you mean 'they destroyed themselves'?" However, when Hawkeye starts to speak he quickly becomes silent.

Al glances again at the robed woman, even though he does not remember ever meeting someone like her. Perhaps it is merely the fact that she has not said a word since entering but he finds her presence vaguely unsettling.

Remove ads