Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alix is ready to make his grand entrance when the lady is ready to receive them.*

[SBLOCK=OOC]Alix is hoping to throw Lavinia off-guard when she receives them by a combination of the flowers and projecting confidence that he already knows why they have been summoned--just in case you were going to make a long post where she goes into a lot of exposition and says everything, Alix definitely would like to reply before that can all finish--hopefully right after introductions and before Lavinia gives an explanation, just letting you know ahead of time.[/SBLOCK]

Malarky

First Post
"Hello Alix, my name is Tereg Ythelen." Tereg says as he is introduced to the remaining member of the invitees. Moving into the hall he watched the others as they began to mingle. When the Ravens came in, Tereg winked to Liamae letting Tolin's jest slide. It wouldn't do to reveal that he was a household name around here, not yet anyways.

"I think we are all here for the same dinner party. I received the same invitation." replies Tereg as Julian retrieves his own parchment. He stands ready looking towards the door that Kora had disappeared back into.

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Hmm...that haughty disinterested expression was not inviting a wink, even from me. I wonder if he knows them already someone. Could be Lavinia's plant in the group--that must be it exactly...oh, but she's the clever one. But now that I know it, the advantage is gone.'

"Greetings and well met, Tereg."

Erekose13

Explorer
Lavinia Vanderboren

After only a couple more minutes of waiting, Kora returns and says, "Apologies for the wait, the Lady is ready to receive you now." She leads you through the large double doors into a large entry hall. The entry hall has high glass windows that look out onto a large inner courtyard. Kora leads you through the glass doors that lead to to courtyard and you are greated by a plethora of exotic flowers and plants. A small pond dotted with water lillies sits at the centre of the courtyard, a gentle stream draining away to the north. Benches and a stone table with an intricate marble and iron dragonchess set built into its surface complete the idyllic scene.

Kora leads you across a small stone bridge towards one of the other doors leading into the open-air courtyard. The door she leads you through enters into a private dining hall. This spacious room is filled with comfortable upholstered chairs, bookshelves, and a few tables. A large window over looks the courtyard and the carpet is thick and soft. A large portrait hangs on one wall, a fine work depicting a handsome young man with a short beard and a sneer on his face.The room is softly lit by wall-mounted lanterns.

Standing before the portrait is an attractive human woman wearing a long, flowing blue dress. She smiles as you enter and introduces herself as Lavinia Vanderboren.

"Please come in an join me for dinner. I have a proposal to make once you are all comfortable. I trust that you have had a moment to introduce yourselves to one another, please have a seat." she says.

lavinia.jpg

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Ah, brilliant--the flowers will match that dress!'

"Ah! Greetings my lady Lavinia. It is good to finally see you, my dear. Nathan, Julian, Jerrell, Tereg, and I did have a bit of time to talk outside while you were setting our places."

*Alix takes the seat right next to Lavinia, the better to engage in intimate conversation...as well as establish his social rank as on level with his host's.*

"We have much to discuss, but first, if I may be so bold..."

*Alix withdraws the exotic blue flower and presents it to Lavinia.*

"A flower for this lovely flower of Sasserine, and it matches that beautiful dress of yours perfectly, not to mention your eyes."

'Will that throw her off guard? No matter. If not, then this will!'

"So then, I'm ready to take care of your trouble with the Harbormaster over the Blue Nixie. Are the others to accompany me, and are they up to speed yet?" Alix gives Lavinia a winning smile.

Rystil Arden

First Post
'What an ass...What is he hoping to gain from this? Or is he just after me...'

'Either way, he is being dense--that is what she is hiring us to do. Still, that was quite rude of him...'

*Alix smiles graciously and apologetically towards Nathan.*

"Ah, dear boy--but that is why you are here. All who even spare the man a dallying glance know of the injustice of the harbormaster's strategem--it is criminal the way he toys with the payments and spits on the law and my lady's rights. He has so very much to lose if he is uncovered, but what could he stand to gain by this? One almost thinks that he wishes to deny my lovely lady Lavinia access to her affairs on the Isle of Dread so that allies of his will have a chance to pillage them unchecked," Alix doesn't name any names, but the Scarlet Brotherhood comes to mind--but time to make one more veiled accusation of the harbomaster, "You know, the way he treats the Nixie makes you fear of his involvements in other ship-related...incidents, don't you think?"

'Not perfect, but it will have to do. I'm starting to see why Trisha's family didn't want him around. You never ever cast aspersions on a bold move, or take a meek and feminine stance in negotiations to put your client in ease of her power, to allow your client to become your better, rather than your partner. They can snatch greedily onto those weaknesses like a vulture on day-old carrion, as Zebula has taught me well if he's taught me anything about negotiations.'

Last edited:

Malarky

First Post
Tereg watches the exchange with feint amusement but largely with absolute disbelief. He made a fair living from the boastful arogance of the nobility but this Alix was something else. If she was anything like her mother, Alix would soon be eating his words and probably that flower too. Tereg simply bows his head and says, "Well met again Lady Lavinia, I was pleased to serve your mother well and I'll be glad if I can be of service to you too. I am here at your pleasure so just instruct of what you would like to me." The faeling clammers onto a chair making it a point to sit across from Alix to better watch the man's demeanor. Though he imagined that Liamae and the others wouldn't be far away.

Remove ads