Erekose's Savage Tide Adventure Path [Players Selected]

Erekose13

Explorer
savagetide_logo.jpg

Welcome to the Savage Tide Adventure Path, a campaign full of dangerous monsters, hostile terrain, murderous organizations, and sinister magic. This campaign begins in the exotic port city of Sasserine. The City of Sasserine is perched on the edge of the known world, the last stop before the endless expanse of the Amedio Jungle. It is a hub of trade, and home to more than fifteen thousand souls, a bastion of civilization in a realm haunted by piracy, disease, violent weather, and monsters.

sassarine.jpg

Sasserine in Brief

Sasserine is located at the westernmost edge of the Amedio Jungle, nestled in a sheltered harbor. Most travelers come to Sassarine via ship, as overland routes are fraught with peril. From the sea, Sasserine isn't much to look at; two ragged cliffs of stone jut from the coastline, their faces home to seahawks and gulls but little else. Then a vast rent in the cliff slides into view, its summit crowned by the shattered remnants of an immense stone bridge. Sailing between the slowly eroding stone pylons that once supported the bridge above, a visitor passes from open sea into a thriving harbour of commerce, whaling, and intrigue. Certainly the smell of the city is breathtaking - a tremendous riot of exotic spices, smoke, and humanity assaults the senses. Sasserine is split into seven distinct districts, each with its own personality. These districts are separated by inner walls, by networks of canals or rivers or simply by age. Friendly competition between the districts is common, especially during festivals like the coming Wormfall Festival. Yet the citizens of Sasserine do not hesitate to come to each other's aid in the time of need. Perched at the edge of civilization, Sasserine is often and has always been the target of assault from land and sea; the pirates of the Crimson Fleet, the navy of the Scarlet Brotherhood, the frog-like bullywugs of the surrounding marshland, and even gangs of ogres and giants from the nearby mountaints keep the city on constant alert, yet to date the fiercely proud city has fallen to the enemy only once, and even then only through the act of the city's most notorious traitor.

Campaign

Welcome to a world of pirates, dinosaurs, and demons. I'd like to invite you to join me on this ambitious quest through Dungeon Magazine's latest Adventure Path ~ the Savage Tide. This will be a long term ongoing campaign and as such I'd like to ask for dedicated posters who can post at least a few times per week and who'll stick it out as far as we can make it.

Over the next two week's I'll be taking applications for the game. It will not be based on first come first serve, I will be choosing based on concept and character with a thought to party composition and personal knowledge of poster. I will be taking 5 characters and leaving room for alternates as well.

Mandatory Reading: Savage Tide Player's Guide

Characters

We will be starting at 1st level though I have a few house rules for character creation.

1. HP max
  2. Gold max by class
  3. Stats will be rolled on Invisible Castle using a slightly arcane method.
    a. Roll 1d20 on Invisible Castle with a new character name (or your board handle).
    b. Post roll and name here.
    c. Wait for my okay.
    d. Roll 4d6.takeHighest(3).minroll(2) 7 times on Invisible Castle, drop the lowest score and arrange as desired.
    e. Make sure you post a link to your roll here.
    f. Rolls that add up to less than 33 point buy may be increased to 33 point buy per the usual rules in the DMG.
  4. A list of core sources is provided below.
  5. Players may select 2 additional sources from the Additional Sources list below from which to build characters.
    a. If its not on the list, ask, I may have forgotten it.
  6. Future HPs will be based on rolls at Invisible Castle: 1dx.minroll(half of x, rounded up). (ie 1d4.minroll(3))
  7. Characters get an extra feat at first level, but the second feat has to be a background feat.
    a. eg. Talents from AE, Heritage feats, Background feats from Savage Tide Player's Guide, ask if you have questions.
  8. Characters will get a feat at every level instead of every three. Class based bonus feats will remain the same.
  9. As part of the hook for the game, I'll want everyone to include something heroic that they've done in their background. Something that a patron with an ear about town would pick up on.

Core Sources

• 3.5 Player's Handbook
  • 3.5 Dungeon Master's Guide
  • 3.5 Monster Manual
  • Expanded Psionics Handbook
  • Arcana Evolved
  • Savage Tide Players's Guide

Additional Sources
[sblock=Click to Open]
  • Book of Holy Might 2,
  • Book of Holy Might,
  • Book of Iron Might,
  • Book of Roguish Luck,
  • Complete Adventurer,
  • Complete Arcane,
  • Complete Book of Eldritch Might,
  • Complete Divine,
  • Complete Mage,
  • Complete Psionic,
  • Complete Warrior,
  • Dragon Compendium,
  • Dragon Magic,
  • Dragon Magazine 311, 339
  • Dragonmarked,
  • Eberron Campaign Setting,
  • Explorer's Handbook,
  • Faiths of Eberron,
  • Fiend Folio,
  • Fiendish Codex 1,
  • Fiendish Codex 2,
  • Five Nations,
  • Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting,
  • Frostburn,
  • Grimoire 2,
  • Heroes of Horror,
  • Hyperconscious,
  • Legacy of Dragons,
  • Magic of Eberron,
  • Monster Manual 2,
  • Monster Manual 3,
  • Monster Manual 4,
  • Mystic Secrets,
  • Player's Guide to Eberron,
  • Player's Handbook 2,
  • Races of Destiny,
  • Races of Eberron,
  • Races of Faerun,
  • Races of Stone,
  • Races of the Dragon,
  • Races of the Wild,
  • Sandstorm,
  • Secrets of Xen'drik,
  • Sharn City of Towers,
  • Spell Compendium,
  • Spell Treasury,
  • Stormwrack,
  • Tome of Battle,
  • Tome of Magic*,
  • Transcendence
[/sblock]

Sample Character Sheet
[sblock=Click to Open]Name;
race class level;
size type subtype;
Alignment:
Init +; Senses Listen +, Spot +; Darkvision x', Low-light vision
Languages:
----------------------------
AC x, flatfooted x, touch x;
HP x (HD xdx+x)
Fort +x, Ref +x, Will +x; notes
Spd x';
Melee: weapon +x (xdx+x/x-20/xX);
Ranged: weapon +x (1dx/xX) Range x', x ammunition;
Attack Options:
Base Atk +, Grapple +;
Spells: x 0th/x 1st
1st - spell (DC x), spell (DC x)
0th - spell (DC x)
Abilities: Str x, Dex x, Con x, Int x, Wis x, Cha x6.
XP: x
Feats:
Skills: skill +x
Possessions: item (xgp, xlbs)
Money: xgp, xsp, xcp.
Encumbrance: xlbs; Load: Light/Medium/Heavy (xlbs)

Description:
Personality:
History: [/sblock]

Players

• Nathan Lidu - Human Cleric of Mouqol - played by Verbatim
  • Jerrel Rivers - Human Swashbuckler - played by Velmont
  • Tereg Nna Ythelen - Quickling Faen Spellthief - played by Malarky
  • Alixtus Meravanchi - Human Warlock - played by Rystil Arden
  • Julian Hemlock - Half-elf Bard - played by Manzanita

Link List
In Character thread
Out of Character thread
Rogue's Gallery thread
Invisible Castle
Paizo

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Are you kidding? I'd love to get in on this game. Here's my roll: 4. Hope you're not taking the highest only.

I'll refrain from posting PC ideas until I read more of the literature. Psyched to see Greyhawk being used.

Rhun

First Post
Just stopping in to say "Hi!" I'm playing in Malvoisin's Savage Tide game and loving it. You guys are gonna have a blast! :D

Erekose13

Explorer
Manz, Argent you guys are good to go ahead and roll stats now with your handles :)

Rhun, thanks for the well wishes, it looks to be an excellent set of adventures. I'll have to pop by Malvoisin's thread to see how your crew is doing.

While Greyhawk is the default setting, deities can be choosen from among many sources. I'm happy incorporating a wide variety of pantheons leaving things fairly opne (as you can see by the massive list of books). Locations wise though we are definitely in Greyhawk, so references to setting specific books are for crunch only.

Verbatim

Explorer
A chance to get in with a Savage Tide group would be a blast. Here is my roll 17.

I have the guide downloaded and since I seem to always enjoy the priest role, my submission would be in the divine area of things.

Verbatim

Explorer
*happy dance*

I mean...thank you sir..:)

I will drop the 10 and go from there, leaving the final high/low tally 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12.

Dice roll result definately worked out for the priest. Now just to find the deity...

[sblock=Manz]It has been too long since we had a chance to be in the same game together. I know I may not make the cut, but still it would be nice..:)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads