• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erekose's Savage Tide Adventure Path [Players Selected]

GwydapLlew

First Post
I'm going to have to lurk and watch. I'm in Mal's Savage Tide, same as Rhun, and I'm interested in seeing different takes on STAP. Good luck guys, and remember to wear your floaties while aboard ship! ;)

Verbatim

Explorer
Extreme rough draft, but as I was looking over the Player's Handout a new idea hit and I hope it is one everyone likes and would be playable in the game.

Edit 1: Swapped Scribe Scroll for Open Minded and corrected first round errors.

[sblock=Nathan Lidu]
Nathan Lidu
Human Cleric of Moquol 1st lvl
M
Alignment: NG
Init +1; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3;
Languages: Common, Celestial, Dwarven
----------------------------
AC 15, flatfooted 14, touch 11;
HP 10 (HD 1d8+2)
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +5;
Spd 30';
Melee: Quarterstaff +1 (1d6+2/20/x2);
Ranged: Light Crossbow +1 (1d8/19-20/x2) Range 80', 30 ammunition
Attack Options:
Base Atk +0, Grapple +1;
Spells: 3 0th/ 3 1st
1st - Command (DC 14), Bless, Detect Secret Doors (D)
0th – Guidance, Light, Mending (DC 13)

Domains: Knowledge; Travel
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 17, Cha 16
XP: 0
Feats: Academy Graduate: Appraise, Gather Information and Search are all considered class skills. +2 Bonus to knowledge (history) and (nobility and royalty) and may use these skills untrained. (1st lvl Background Bonus); Investigator: +2 bonus to Gather Information and Search checks (Human Bonus); Open Minded (1st lvl class Feat)
Skills: Appraise +3(1); Concentration +4(2); Diplomacy +7(4); Gather Information +7(2); Heal +5(2); Knowledge (Arcana) +4(2); Knowledge (Local) +4(2), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +6(2); Knowledge (religion) +6(4) Search +6(2); Spellcraft +4(2)
Possessions: Light Crossbow w/30 bolts (38gp, 7lbs); Quarterstaff (0gp/4lbs); Chain Shirt (100gp/25lbs); Silver Holy Symbol of Moquol (25gp/1lb); Backpack (2gp/2lb); Signet Ring (House Lidu) (5gp/-); 3 sunrods (6gp/3lbs)
Money: 24gp, 0sp, 0cp.
Encumbrance: 42lbs; Load: Light 50lbs/Medium 100lbs/Heavy 150lbs

Description: Dressed in his custom fitted shirts and pants as well as his polished riding boots, Nathan Lidu cuts a striking figure when he strolls around Sasserine. With the piercing blue eyes of his father and the olive skin of his mother, Nathan combines the best of both worlds in a way that infuriates his siblings and makes the females from the other noble houses wish he was a pure blood Lidu.

He wears his silver medallion of Moquol proudly and while he does not often need to carry his crossbow with him, he keeps it secured in a chest with his armor and pack.

Personality: With an infectious laugh and an easy manner about him, it is hard not to like Nathan. While his family name is an older one, he wisely keeps his thoughts more focused on the present and because of that he tends to relate better to the commoners of Sasserine than his “blue-blooded” kin.

History: Born a bastard into the family, it was not easy for Nathan to find his role among his siblings. Accepted only in the most limited sense of the word, Nathan soon learned that the further he was away from his family the smoother his life became. A quick study with his letters and sums, he was educated at the Academy in the proper techniques of managing one of the smaller shipping companies that Worrin Lidu owned. Nathan held no illusions that this was his family’s way of saving their crumbling reputation by getting rid of the last vestige of Worrin’s midlife crisis. What the family did not expect was that shortly after enrolling in his classes, Nathan would request to join the followers of Moquol, the god of merchants. The tenets of the faith came easy to him and the church knew that if his family sent him away, they would still prosper from his ties in Sasserine.

Arriving back from a brief trip to the Spice Isles, during which Nathan acquitted himself quite well in his dual role of priest and representative of the Lidu family, Nathan is hesitant to stay in Sasserine too long. For the moment, his family is enjoying his company due to his successful trading trip, but as Moquol teaches, “Even silver tarnishes if left to sit too long”.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Erekose: I hope you don't mind me throwing in the Lidu name from the ST handout. I had thought about using the opera mom, but the prospect of playing the black sheep of a family who's success could depend on his future actions seemed a fun one to try. It also gave me the chance to explain why he was given such a free hand with his training and because of that freedom is more a dabbler in many skills than focused on any of them.

I did struggle to think of something heroic a merchant guy could do, so maybe his skills with negotiations might work?

Velmont

First Post
It seems you have been a good enough master with the Forgotten Forge for me to get interested in this game. If there is place, here my d20 roll: 16

And here my stats roll

Wow... never rolled such stats before :p 51 point buy!!!! I might take this chance to do a monk, well, I'll look at that tonight, hope you gives me a feedback on that.

Erekose13

Explorer
Paper bard go ahead with rolling.

Velmont, I had meant for me to check on your initial roll prior to rolling stats. But no worries, I know you well so that'll work. And wow thats a good roll!

Remove ads