• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erekose's Savage Tide Adventure Path [Players Selected]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Verbatim said:
Nah..just me rushing to get a post up and to get the introductions out between a "real" noble and the black sheep noble.

So the question now is, how much do they know of the other?

IE..would Nathan know of any of the rumors, or would his learning "abroad" have kept him from hearing those.
He may have heard of Alix's local social popularity, but the rumours were mostly confined to their graduating class, when they were blown out of proportion, lending him an air of mystery and danger--he was that one guy who was so famous that everyone was always chatting about him. Now that they are out of the Academy and not together in that setting, that has died down to a minimal level. Only former classmates would remember about that, but it wouldn't be too hard to Gather Info if anyone searched around town among nobles after Alix.

I'm assuming Alix wouldn't know Nathan with Knowledge: Nobility?

Verbatim

Explorer
It is public knowledge that Nathan is a bastard, or at least I have considered it being that way. One of those open secrets that everyone knows about, but have the graces not to mention when they know it might not be the right time.

Hence why he was originally sent to learn the basics of sea faring, as his brothers and sisters convinced their father it was in Nathan's best interests to be family via distance. Bowing to the wishes of his family, the Patron Lidu agreed and that is Nathan's life as he knows/guesses it.

Is that good with you E13?

Verbatim

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
Yeah thats fine by me. Any thing to do with your backgrounds and how much is known to the other characters I'll leave up to you.

All: I am thinking with a DC 10 check on Know (Nobility or Local) that the knowledge of Nathan being the bastard son of the Elder Lidu should be about right.

Verbatim

Explorer
Ahh..but after fixing the typo, it makes his post have the typo..:)

For a little while, I thought about going with the altered naming convention ala Martin's books for dealing with his last name. Snow for Stark, etc, but couldn't think of a general naming convention that I liked.

Velmont

First Post
Nobility isn't something that matter Jerrell much, but as you've been sent on a ship, he might have heard about it at teh drunken dolphin... but it's not like a bastard would change something in teh eyes of an orphan... at least, you know your parent.

Remove ads