• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erfworld

Storm Raven

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
The only quacking that I recall is the tablet. I think the reader is supposed to assume that the tablet quacks every time the lord (guy with weird hammer who loves pigeons) wants to speak with his spellcaster chic. (I refuse to invoke the "-mancer" word the author uses).

So far, it seems to me that Rob Balder and Jamie Noguchi are a pair of Dullomancers.

After reading the first 6 strips I would say that I like it. It is certainly different to OotS but I expected that to be the case. The key lime pie comment would be my favourite so far.

Olaf the Stout

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
I linked it to my wife. oots is a little too much D&D for her, I think. When she plays D&D, she's not big on rules minutae and the laughs that go with it.

I think this might be more her style.

I honestly liked the art. It's pretty different, a meshing of several styles that seems pretty new unto itself.

I sort of like the bizzare world, where kids' squeaky-hammers are magical objects and the world was crafted by Elvises.

As an English major, it's just going to annoy the snot out of me to read the random juvenilia ... if, in the begining, they showed the whole place was put together out of big wooden colored blocks by a five year old, I'd say: "Huh, that's sort of neat, it's a kid's imaginary world that has its own dark life."

But no ... it was created by Elvis ... and somehow being created by Elvis, everything was named with a stupid lisp? Huh? Why?

--fje

Andor

First Post
Simplicity said:
I'm very disappointed because I LOVE the writer's work at http://www.partiallyclips.com.
Those are damn funny comics. But these ... hmm...

Okay, now this one is comedy gold.

I'm willing to give erfworld a shot. I read over the cute-speak without noticing it, I like the artstyle and giant Elvii. The mancer thing is annoying, but I grok what he is lampooning so that's okay. And is it just me, or is this comic taking place within a RTS game?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads