• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eric Noah's Info

loki44

Explorer
So, it seems like we're coming full circle here.....

Is 4E going to be a rerelease of OD&D?
More mini-centric? (Chainmail?)
Smaller packets of information? (Men & Magic, et al.?)

hmmmm

JustaPlayer

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
Then I have to wonder why even bring it up if it's that type of information? Not trying to be a jerk, but you know how 4E talk raises the hackles of just about everyone around here.
*raises his own hackles*

Ilium

First Post
Wait a minute...Rumors of WotC selling off the RPG business...meanwhile Monte Cook says he's putting "d20" projects on the back burner...

Nah. Couldn't be.

;)

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Sammael said:
I am sure that it's more than just a rumor if Eric posted it himself.
Probably so, but if Eric himself is telling us to take it with all the grains of salt news like this requires then it can't be that terribly reliable and is therefore not likely any better than any one of us Joes with few to no "industry contacts" posting the same kind of thing.

EricNoah

Adventurer
It came up in another thread. I thought it was interesting. I didn't submit it as a scoop and would be just as happy if it hadn't been posted. I honestly didn't see it as that big a revelation.

Kormydigar

First Post
Well if all this actually becomes truth we can always hope that nobody buys any 4E stuff and Wizards sells the D&D license to someone who will produce quality Pen& paper RPGs.

If that happens then rumor has it that:

1) A clear concise ruleset will be published with no forthcoming bloat.

2) supplements will be worldbooks, adventures, and other great fluff.

3) A banishing of the abomination that is D&D plastic minis- return to proper metal.

4) Reality sets in as we all realize that Hasbro would rather die sitting on the D&D license before letting anyone do anything useful with it.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
"A plan to possibly sell off RPGs entirely? Check. (Apparently only miniatures and Magic are making any money for WotC)."

if this is true, im never going to buy a wizards of the coast product ever again. Maybe go with white wolf or something.

ColonelHardisson said:
The most interesting - to me, at least - bit is the possibility of WotC selling off the RPG division. That could be the most profound thing to happen to D&D since WotC bought TSR.

Agreed. It would be consonant with the prior sale of Dragon and Dungeon to Paizo. It's also consistent with Hasbro's company practice. If it does go up for sale, it would be great to see a company with enough capitol to nurture RPGs for the future.

pogre

Legend
Kanegrundar said:
Then I have to wonder why even bring it up if it's that type of information? Not trying to be a jerk, but you know how 4E talk raises the hackles of just about everyone around here.

You know, this did start out as a 3E rumor site right ;)

Remove ads