• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E E's 5E Tomb of Annihilation (ooc)

eayres33

Explorer
You could play a Yuan-ti, there are some you will most likely run into during the adventure, so it could lead to some interesting role playing. Also in the Port we start out in there will be a lot of people that would not be accepting of a Yuan-ti in town. (The last part is my assumption since I haven’t read the adventure yet.)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadar-kai aren't in 5e yet, unless you're refluffing something. Unless you're thinking a third party/homebrew thing (I have looked them up before for a home game). But yes, yuan-ti are in Chult. Purebloods can pass as human, though, if you don't look too closely.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer

I skipped 4e. Are these Shadar-kai just an offshoot of Eladrin? I only ask since their "thing" seems to be fey step.

I also find it odd having a second deity based elven offshoot: Lolth for drow and The Raven Queen for these. Are elves predisposed to being warped by deities? :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I skipped 4e. Are these Shadar-kai just an offshoot of Eladrin? I only ask since their "thing" seems to be fey step.

I also find it odd having a second deity based elven offshoot: Lolth for drow and The Raven Queen for these. Are elves predisposed to being warped by deities? :)

This is an angle I was considering as a Shadar Kai. take the noble background, and argue with the drow that your house was not a rival to the houses that sided with Loth, it remained neutral and sided with the raven queen. Worse comes to worse, it could have been an interesting bluff :)
Cheers,

SG

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Then I can take care of the traps and stealth/sneak, and we should be covered. I'll build a halfling thief/rogue. I'm kind of wanting to try out those new halfling racial feats in Xanathar's. Not to mention being able to Hide behind bigs!

Tank: Dwarf Bearbarian
Healing: Cleric, druid
Face: Hexblade
Traps: halfling Thief
Stealth/Scout: halfling Thief
Survival: Druid

Remove ads