D&D 5E E's 5E Tomb of Annihilation (ooc)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
So here's Lily Primrose, halfling thief. Think a bit of Parker, from Leverage.

1qmsfr.jpg

Lily Primrose, Halfling Thief

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Then I can take care of the traps and stealth/sneak, and we should be covered. I'll build a halfling thief/rogue. I'm kind of wanting to try out those new halfling racial feats in Xanathar's.

Speaking about feats, [MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION], could we all have a bonus 1st level feat? Reason: feats are fun, and pbp is slow.
I figure it doesn't hurt to ask!
;-)

Thanks and cheers,

SG

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
It never hurts to ask, but no, no free feats. I’m kind of indifferent to feats overall so I do not want to see more than normal.
If you want a feat to start you will have to go variant human.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
It never hurts to ask, but no, no free feats. I’m kind of indifferent to feats overall so I do not want to see more than normal.
If you want a feat to start you will have to go variant human.

That's fair, and thanks for considering it. I've been playing with a few ideas, keeping in mind that my character will be the party's face. The one I'm leaning the most towards is a fish, with a fist level in divine soul, and then the rest hexblade warlock.

The backstory: my character (name yet tbd, let's call him Bob), has a touch of divine blood coursing though his veins. Legends say that he is a descendent of the Raven queen, before she ascended to goodhood, and she blessed her descendents with gifts when she left the mortal world.
He was raised to serve, as an agent of the Raven Queen's hyerarchy.

As for the background, I see a blend of faction agent and spy (criminal), with proficiencies choosen not to step on our rogue's toes, while still being a bit stealthy: persuasion, deception, intimidation, stealth and percetion
He is a nobody outside the religion of the Raven queen, but in those cycles, he is a star. This should have no game benefits, only perhaps rp.

Mechanically, I love the idea of polearm master, using the staff initially. This will be weak until level 2, the first level of hexblade (pact with the Raven queen, or a weapon created by her).

I'm going sorcerer for level 1 for the con saves, and the extra spells (friends and disguise self, amongst others). I also want to avoid at all costs spamming Eldrich blast, because it gets really boring.

Later, invocations will include devil's sight, and the weapons focused ones.

So a mix of meelee, and utility, while being a good face. Does this sound good to you all? Any ideas on hooks to know one another?
Cheers,

Sg

eayres33

Explorer
Okay I am liking what I am seeing so far. I am really excited for this adventure, I’ve been reading the thread in the main forum about getting the best from the adventure and it keeps sounding better and better.

Just to recap where we are right now we have

Steve Gorak playing “Bob” –Sorcerer who will become a hexlock, faction agent/spy. -Face
KahlessNestor playing Lily Primrose –Halfling Rogue – thief – Traps/ Stealth
Art! Playing a Druid – Survival, Healing
Jmucchiello playing a Cleric-Healing
Khraos playing a Dwarf Barbarian - Tank

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey [MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION],

When are you planning on starting this game? Do you have any firm deadline for character submission?
And last quiestion: I've been reading a bit about ToA (no spoilers, just general stuff), and it's pretty obvious that it'll be tough to survive. Would it be ok if we started at level 2? This would make the PCs more resilient, and would definitely help with my multiclass concept.
Cheers,

SG

eayres33

Explorer
My plan is to kick off the IC thread on January 3rd, after the holidays so we don’t have a lot of down time at the start. It has been my experience that the RP boards slow down around the holidays so I want to start after that.

I am still planning to start everyone at level one, but plan on making sure everyone is a suitable level before we head out to deep into the jungle. As far as when characters need to be in, I usually leave that open until right before the games starts, so January 2nd.

Remove ads