Escaping the Labyrinth - A combat oriented Adventure

Albedo

First Post
Everyone seems active and posting, but people haven't been forwarding the IC thread... Whats everyone doing in game right now?

Jemal

Adventurer
Kinem/Redclaw - Fair enough, but do please note such changes OOC next time. :)

And yes, Albedo has the right of it: IC posts are needed, you have a bit of time before his scouting is finished and he returns, what are you doing with it? Moving forwards to the beach, attempting to set up camp here, continuing with the roleplaying, dancing a jig? ;)

Albedo

First Post
Walking Dad: Even though you get to act in the surprise round, you haven't acted before the octopi go, rendering you flat footed (AC 24 according to your sheet).

Also, in terms of the breath weapon, rules don't technically say whether or not you can use it, but if you can cast a spell in grapple, one would assume you could use a breath weapon (though don't forget it still gets a normal ref save even though its grappled)

Jemal

Adventurer
Walking Dad said:
ooc: a bit metagaming, that my octopus not even tries to hit me for imp grap ;) , just death humor I have no ability to free me.
Um..not sure what you mean by this?
I'm not very firm in grapple rules. Did you make first a touch attack Grapple (Octopus vs Darius) (1d20+15=29) and than a grapple check (1d20+8=15)? Shouldn't the 2nd not be opposed?
The octopus was allready grappling you from last round, it makes a grapple check on its turn THIS round to move you into its square and constrict. The two rolls were its check followed by your check (+15 being its grapple modifier and 8 being yours).

Darius uses Humanoid shape to assume Locathah shape to gain a swim speed and aquatic type.

As I can now breathe underwater, can I use my breath weapon next turn?
Concentation check to use Humanoid shape (1d20+19=29)
The change shape ability from Monsters Manual (Which is what this invocation refers to) does not grant you a whole lot of the abilities of what you turn into. the only changes are:
You gain the creature's size, natrual weapons, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks.
You loose your natural attacks, movement modes, and extraordinary attacks, as well as breath weapon and gaze attacks.
Note that it also states you do NOT change type.

Walking Dad

First Post
Oops, I misread your your other post about the inability to sunder with arae attacks. My fault.

You are right about change shape. Br, that is a very weak power (got flight from another power and aqutic adaption is lower level. And the bonus to disguise is only one hat of diguise away.

In the wake of this, can I change Darius' actions into a grapple check to free him?

Would it be a bit much to ask you to change humanoid shape into something else next level if he doesn't die know?

Remove ads