Escaping the Labyrinth

renau1g

First Post
Hearing the creature cry out in pain, the troll laughs, a terrible sound, similar to water gurgling. He hefts his greatsword and swings with a mighty horizontal slash across the beast, quickly reversing the direction and following the initial strike up with another across the body.

[sblock=OOC]
107/107 hp
AC: 26, Touch: 14, FF: 21
F/R/W: +20/+11/+10

Power Attack - 5 points, Attack; Damage (1d20+11=14, 3d6+21=31, 1d20+11=12, 3d6+21=30) :( Wow, suckitude. What's the DM's call on critical failures?
If a reflex is required: Reflex (1d20+11=16) Another stellar roll

Sorry Jemal, I misread the Speed special ability, I thought was 2 attacks on a standard action. Same about the shield, forgot about it taking a move action to draw it. I'll forget about the shield now and focus on attacking.

[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Savlin looks at the creature with a practiced eye, noting weak points and anticipating its mvoements. He then moves swiftly in, avoiding the lashing of its tentacles, and swings fellfrost at the juncture where one of its tentacles joins its torso, following it with a sharp jab of bleeder.

His attacks draw the creature's attention, but it can only look on in frustration as he leaps nimbly back, once again placing his back to the door on the western wall.

[sblock=ooc] draw shortsword as he moves, using spring attack, so no AoO, then use two-weapon spring attack to attack with each, longsword 30 to hit, 14 damage and 6 cold damage shortsword27 to hit, 5 damage, +1 CON I didn't add the +2 for flanking, as I'm not 100% sure where the howlers are. Also, if it's an aberration, add 2 to damage rolls for favored enemy bonus.
If both hit, he uses two-weapon rend, for an additional 13 damage
He then finishes his move action by going back to where he started.

If any of the attacks hit, the creature is considered flat-footed until someone else hits it.

The roper has his dodge, so AC 28, 19 touch. Currently 99/99 hp.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ruined

Explorer
OOC: hp: 98 AC: 22 Current STR 0

Takk stared in horror as the tentacle wrapped around him, leeching all of his strength from him. He had become a rag doll, a thing to be eaten or tossed away.

[sblock] Woo hoo, a nat 1 attack followed by max str dmg. Good game guys!
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Seeing that his blast had hurt the monster, Carl attempts a repeat performance.

[sblock=ooc]AC 33, hp 71, str 11

I assume that the roper made its SR check and/or Fort save vs. the blindness last round.

Beshadowed blast: 28 to hit touch, 32 on check vs. SR, 30 damage, 22 on check vs. SR for blindness effect

Looks like poor Carl may never find out about the roper's SR - dang nat 20's ;)
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
The mighty troll swings twice, it's sword being deflected harmlessly by the Roper's tentacles, but Carl's second blast strikes home, boring directly into the creatures eye. It stands for a moment more, tentacles waving, as Savlin dashes in to stab it, but as he does so he realizes by the lack of resistance and the gurgling sound that the massive beast is allready dead.

As the creature topples, Darius awakens from the commotion.

[sblock=ooc] And this is why Roper's usually attack from surprise and distance.. but I figured that'd be TOO nasty. As it is, Takk is twitching on the ground, paralyzed by the ability damage.
On the plus side, Walking Dad's here now, and he has a wand of lesser Restoration.. if he feels like using it. Otherwise, we may have our first casualty.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Rhokkan looks suspiciously at the others before saying in his gurgling voice "Come, we must move on, I don't wanna fight one of those things, we'll talk once we're away from them" he says while pointing at the golems. He'll activate his shield before continuing, which floats around him as he moves. Rhokkan walks over and grabs the "rag doll" by the collar, dragging him behind as he continues towards the southern hallway. "We might need him later, at least he'd provide some food if he can't fight"

kinem

Adventurer
"Yes, it looks like we must work together" Carl admits. "I am the famous Carl. I'll see you around."

The halfling activates fell flight, then walk unseen, and follows the big troll invisibly, hovering a few feet off the ground.

He will also activate see the unseen and dark one's own luck (Fort).

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

The human (?) with light silvery scales who has just awakened starts looking around. Seeing first his "companions" and than the dead roper and hearing the exchange between the others, he says something, too: "My name is Darius. I appreciate your killing of a threat to myself. Is there a leader of this group?" Than he concentrates some short moments and sprouts spectral dragon wings and readies his shield.

[sblock=ooc]
Darius is here of his own volition, seeking also some information for his treasure.

He activates:
Endure Exposure (on himself)
See the Unseen
Draconic Aura: Energy (Cold)
Draconic Flight

Do I have to make a knowledge check to identify an asimar? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Savlin shakes his head at the others and their discussions. The troll is right. Less talk and more movement. There's no telling what's behind these doors, but if we want to get out of this deathtrap we should start finding those keys. He quickly searches the area in front of the iron door.

Can any of you help the chain-wielder? He seems to be lacking the strength to move.
[sblock=ooc] search +11, survival +13 [/sblock]

Remove ads