Eschaton OOC

Voidrazor

First Post
Avalon® said:
Now it's either a tainted arcanist or a bloodclaw master

Levels in Tainted Sorceror are OK, but would have nasty RP consequences and would carry an automatic association with the lovecraftian entities dwelling in the far realm known as the Outer Dark. If Eschaton society found out about you (and it is rather difficult to keep secrets in Eschaton) things would get difficult. It would make for a very interesting character though.

Bloodclaw Master would, of course, be fine.

Vertexx69

First Post
Miss Delecorte stands just over 7.5ft tall with onyx skin and long platinum blonde hair with saphire blue eyes. Her opalecent and impecibly manicured nails match the set of delicatly arching horns that rise from her hairline, and the pair of light feathered wings folded at her back. She has had all of the hair from her forehead on down meticulously and permenantly removed (except for the most petite eyebrows).

Through minor illusions she usually hides the wings and horns, so as to not upset the less...diversified. This shrewd negotiator makes her way by moderating hostile takeovers of entire systems, accepting surrenders and even serving as a high profile courier when messages cannot be allowed to fall into the competition's hands (or claws, tentacles, cilla etc)

Through her subtle manipulations and charms, a corporate commerce world happened to find itself suddenly "unruled" so she quietly slid into the role.

Serraphina DeLecorte
Half-Celestial ( LA +4) Minotaur (LA +2) Werebear (LA +3)
1st level Dragon Shaman (5th caster level)

Large-Size Outsider, Shapechanger
Hit Dice:
13D8+130 (188)
Intitiative: +10 (10 Dex)
Speed: 30ft. / 60fly (good)
Armor Class: 46 (-1 size, +10 Dex, +13 Wis, +13 Natural, +1 monk) touch 33, flatfooted -
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+33
Attack: +1 Spiked chain +28 melee (2D6 +26, 2D6 disruptive to enemy & 1D6 to me, 1D4 psionic plus 1 constitution drain/X2) or gore +24 (1D8 +15)
Full Attack: +1 Spiked chain +25/+20 melee (2D6 +26, 2D6 disruptive to enemy & 1D6 to me, 1D4 psionic plus 1 constitution drain/X2) and gore +24 (1D8 +15) and bite +19 (1D8 +10 plus curse of lycanthropy)
Space/Reach: 10ft./10ft. (20ft. with spiked chain)
Special Attacks: Powerful charge 4D6 +22, Daylight /at will, Smite evil 1/day, Improved grab (in bear form only)
Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day protection from evil, holy aura. 1/day bless, aid, detect evil, cure serious wounds, nuetralize poison, holy smite, remove disease, dispel evil, holy word, hallow, mass charm monster
Special Qualities: Fast healing 1, spell resistance 25, power resistance 40, damage reduction 10/magic and silver, darkvision 60ft., low-light vision, scent, resistance to acid 10, electricity 10, cold 10, natural cunning, alternate form, bear empathy
Saves: Fort +?? (?? in hybrid, +4 vs poison), Ref +?? (?? in hybrid), Will +??

Abilities: (in hybrid form)
Str 24 (40) [+8 minotaur, +4 celestial]
Dex 28 (30) [+2 celestial, +6 enhance, +5 inherent]
Con 22 (30) [+4 minotaur, +4 celestial, +6 enhanc]
Int 14 [-4 minotaur, +2 celestial, +2 enhance, +1 level]
Wis 36 [+2 werebear, +4 celestial, +6 enhance, +4 inherent, +2 level]
Cha 21 [-2 minotaur, +4 celestial, +4 enchance]

Skills: Intimidate +20(15r), Search +21(15r), Spot +32(15r), Listen +32(15r), Diplomacy +17(10r, 1c), Bluff +10(10r), Concentration +19(1c), Heal +23(1c), Profession (Planar negotiator) +17(12r, 1c), Gather information +17(10r), Sense Motive +20(10r), Spellcraft +6(8r), Knowledges; Local, Nobility & Royalty, Planes +7

Feats: Combat Reflexes, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Practiced Spellcaster, Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Chain) bonus feats - Iron Will, Track
Alignment: True Neutral

Items:
Leather Jacket (mantle) of epic power resistance (40) 290k
Tome of Understanding +4 (read) 110k
Manual of gainful Exercise +5 (read) 137.5k
Viciously Charged +4 Spiked Chain of Wounding & Sudden Stunning 128.325k
Boots of Teleportation 49k
Saphire Lace Teddy Undies (robe) of Dexterity +6 36k
Necklace of Wisdom +6 36k
Black Silk Shirt of Health +6 36k
Circlet of Telepathy 27k
Rod of Splendor 25k
Ring of Evasion 25k
Leather Monk's Belt 13k
Saphire Third Eye (lenses) of Expose 12k
Scarlet & Blue Ioun Stone 8k
Everful Pouch of Spell Components 3k
Ring of Storing 2.2k
Hewards Handy Clutch 2k
Silver Bracelets of Disguise 1.8k

28k in various sized saphires

775 gp

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
did they revamp the monster of legend template somewhere else? I don't have access to hundreds of books and i was just using the 3.0 MMII version (only version i have) and it has half as many mods as the half celestial so why would it have LA +7? maybe a +3

I have no idea what savage progression is :confused:
The other post i meant either cleric or dragon shaman not both :D

And aside from a really freeform 3.0/3.5 hybrid game I've been playing the last couple of months, I haven't played anything in 4 years. So I'm just a bit rusty.

So the monstrous hit dice count along with the LA (ie: minotaur counts as 8 ECL, and the werebear counts as 9 ECL) I was only counting the LA alone.

So let's try this again. Half-Celestial Minotaur werebear 1st lvl dragon shaman.

Last edited:

gavagai

First Post
Voidrazor said:
Gavagai - Very good questions. The PCs will probably be physically separate but be able to contact each other any time though a psionic version of the internet. Gameplay will probably center around maintaining and expanding one's personal base of power while other PCs and NPCs jockey for leverage over each other.

So the little story on Dizorxthon in the beginning is an example of a character background / agenda, and not so much an intro to a meta plot of a campaign. A "citizenship" is in fact rewarded to any kind of creature, no matter how alien their concept of reality would be. Do virtual creatures (i.e., sentient code / imprints of the psi-based internet count as citizens, or do we adhere to the notion that citizens are composed of matter or at least spirit-matter (if there is such a thing)?

Shayuri

First Post
Character sheet here. Still VERY much a work in progress...

[sblock]Name: "Sigil"
Race: Human (fey)
Class/Level: Warlock 20
Exp:

Desc:

Strength (STR) 8 -1
Dexterity (DEX) 20 +5
Constitution (CON) 20 +5
Intelligence (INT) 14 +2
Wisdom (WIS) 14 +2
Charisma (CHA) 30 +10

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
AC: 31 (10 +5 dex +9 armor +5 deflection, +2 insight), Flatfoot 31 , Touch 22
Hit Points: 174/174
Movement: 30' (30' flight, Good)

Base Attack Bonus: +15/+10/+5
Init: +5
Melee Attack: +14/+9/+4
Ranged Attack: +20/+15/+10
Fort: +16
Reflex: +18
Will: +19

Race Abilities
Bonus Feat
Bonus Skills

Class Abilities:
Eldritch Blast 11d6
Detect Magic at will
DR 9/cold iron
Deceieve Item (take 10 on UMD checks, even under stress)
Fiendish Resiliance 5
Energy Resistance 10: Fire and Cold
Imbue Item

Skills: 20+95
Bluff +40 (19 ranks + 10 Cha + 6 Invocation, +5 item)
Concentration +25 (20 ranks +5 Con)
Diplomacy +16 (+10 Cha + 6 Invocation)
Disguise +15 (5 ranks +10 Cha) (+2 when acting, +10 with Disguise Self)
Intimidate +26 (10 ranks + 10 Cha + 6 invocation)
Knowledge (Arcana) +12 (10 ranks + 2 Int)
Knowledge (The Planes) +12 (10 ranks + 2 Int)
Sense Motive +22 (20 ranks +2 Wis)
Spellcraft +14 (10 ranks + 2 Int + 2 Synergy)
Use Magic Device +21 (11 ranks + 10 Cha)

Feats
1 Fey Heritage (+3 to save vs Enchantment)
1 Fey Power (+1 DC and +1 CL with Invocations)
3 Fey Skin (+4 DR/cold iron)
6 Extra Invocation: Eldritch Spear
9 Fey Legacy (Confusion, Dimension Door, Summon Monster V, 1/day each)
12 Craft Contingent Spell
15 Empower Spell Like Ability: Eldritch Blast
18 Quicken Spell Like Ability: Flee the Scene

Languages - Common, Sylvan, Draconic

Invocations
Least
- Beguiling Presence (+6 to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate)
- Dark One's Luck (+10 luck bonus to any one save)
- See the Unseen (See Invis + Darkvision 60')
- Eldritch Spear (Blast range 250')

Lesser
- Charm (Charm Monster, Will DC 25, only 1 victim at a time)
- Fell Flight (fly speed = ground speed)
- Flee the Scene (75' dim door, leaves Major Image of caster)

Greater
- Devour Magic (+14 melee touch, +20 caster level)
- Repelling Blast (Ref save DC 27)
- Painful Slumber of the Ages (Will Save DC 27)

Dark
- Retributive Invisibility
- Word of Changing (Fort Save DC 26)
- Dark Foresight

Money - 780,000

Weapons -
Spear +5, Defender, 72302
Rod of Magical Precision, 12000

Armour -
Mithril Chain Shirt +5, Glamered, 28800

Gear -
- In Haversack
Bedroll, 1sp, 5lbs
Blanket, 5sp, 3lbs
50' silk rope, 10gp, 5lbs
Tent, 10gp, 20lbs
Waterskin, 1gp, 4lbs
10 days trail rations, 5gp, 10lbs
2 vials acid, 20gp, 2lbs
2 vials alchemist's fire, 40gp, 2lbs

- On person
2 scroll cases, 2gp, 1lb
2 belt pouches, 2gp, 1lb

- In Pouches
Small steel mirror, 10gp, .5lb
Money

Magic -
Ring of Spell Turning, 98280
-- Ring of Protection +5, 75000
Ring of Telekinesis, 75000
Mask of Lies, 17000
Handy Haversack, 2000
Greater Chauseble of Fell Power, 18000
Vest of Resistance +5, 25000
Boots of Teleportation, 49000
Mirror of Mental Prowess, 175000

Tome of Leadership, 27500
Amulet of Health +6, 36000
Cloak of Charisma +6, 36000
Gloves of Dexterity +6, 36000

Wand of Shield, 750
Wand of Blessed Aim, 750
Wand of Faerie Fire, 750
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds, 4500
Scroll of Nondetection, 475
Scroll of Tongues, 375
Scroll of Rope Trick, 150
Scroll of Silence, 150

Background:
[/sblock]

Paper_Bard

First Post
Okay... here's my character concept. I'm assuming that Unbodied are an alien race... what with the psifi thing going on. (misspelling on purpose).

The creature known as Maledictus arrived in Eschaton space two centuries ago. Aboard an Alien ship, the creature immediately demanded an audience with the relevant authorities.
Maledictus claimed he fled from a civil war on his home land. He claimed to be the last surviving Cognitor, creatures who simply wished to ponder the meanings of life. In exchange for giving them access to the technology in his ship's databanks, Maledictus was given a planet to ponder upon. He was given command over the entire populace so that he might be taken care of as he pondered phylisophical themes. He was given the title Auturach and shuttled to the planet Korlish.
Maledictus has since taken over the populace through mind control. He has no lofty goals of quiet meditation. He enjoys control, and intends to bring all other planets under his rule.
Maledictus is a natural telepath. Having no physical body, Maledictus often uses his psychcic abilties to suit his needs. He enjoys playing with people's minds, seeing thier brains as little more than putty.
Maledictus appears as a translucent, floathing brain in his natural guise. He has the innate ability to change his form at will, however, and uses this ability to his full advantage.
He keeps the ruse of peace through clever mental manipulation and guise.
Maledictus has developed a telepathic system not unlike sattelite television in its basic implementation. He broadcasts his will through telepthic nodes called "Thought Trodes" which link to every home, work place, and buidling on the planet. By using a select number of low-level psions to use as 'conductors' he can transmit a singal message all over the world without exhausting his power.
He has a standing army, claiming that he needs protection from slaver and pirates and the like. They are all fanatically devoted to him.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
did they revamp the monster of legend template somewhere else? I don't have access to hundreds of books and i was just using the 3.0 MMII version (only version i have) and it has half as many mods as the half celestial so why would it have LA +7? maybe a +3

I have no idea what savage progression is :confused:
The other post i meant either cleric or dragon shaman not both :D

And aside from a really freeform 3.0/3.5 hybrid game I've been playing the last couple of months, I haven't played anything in 4 years. So I'm just a bit rusty.

So the monstrous hit dice count along with the LA (ie: minotaur counts as 8 ECL, and the werebear counts as 9 ECL) I was only counting the LA alone.

So let's try this again. Half-Celestial Minotaur werebear 1st lvl dragon shaman.

The LA for Monster of Legend was in the 3.5 update to the MM2. Its bonuses are signifigantly greater than those of half-celestial, and I think the +7 is about right.

Savage progression is a system for breaking down the abilities of critters that have a high LA/base HD into class levels so as to fit within the ECL cap of a given campaign. And, yep you have to take both the monstrous HD and the LA. And with Lycanthropes you also have to add the base animal's HD. It looks right now though :D . Since you're keeping the half-celestial template those base HD should all be outsider HD rather than animal or monstrous humanoid, which will boost your BAB saves and skill points.

Customized stat enhancers are fine but you'll have to pay 1.5 times the cost for anything that doesn't follow the body slot affinity guidelines.

No worries about being rusty. I'm happy to walk you through anything that's unclear. And there are a couple people here from Wizard's CO boards. Perhaps they could offer some optimization advice? (nudge-nudge). Anyway, once character generation/selection has progressed more, if any of the characters are much weaker than others, I'll work out some extras to beef them up.

Voidrazor

First Post
gavagai said:
So the little story on Dizorxthon in the beginning is an example of a character background / agenda, and not so much an intro to a meta plot of a campaign. A "citizenship" is in fact rewarded to any kind of creature, no matter how alien their concept of reality would be. Do virtual creatures (i.e., sentient code / imprints of the psi-based internet count as citizens, or do we adhere to the notion that citizens are composed of matter or at least spirit-matter (if there is such a thing)?

Yeah, the story is meant as an example and to give more of a feel for the world. Virtual creatures with souls could be Citizens. Or a Citizen could designate a soulless sentient to run their world, but there'd be some RP downsides to it.

Paper_Bard

First Post
I'm already being a telepath. Also, the leadership feat is unnecessary, we already get thralls. Therefore the prestige class is not very useful.
Voidrazor, do you like my bio?

Remove ads