Eschton [mature] IC - Calling Arabesu

Avalon®

First Post
Voidrazor said:
"Yes milord", The Unbodied replies telepathically, "Message follows."

"Greetings and salutations Lord Karnak, I am Serraphina DeLecourt ruler of Tran'sa Kuul. Lord High Inquisitor Quillian Bliss speaks highly of you, and mentioned that you might be able to help me with a situation developing in my little end of the galaxy. I will be attending Argus Oloriel Staraeon, Governor of Kal'e'zant's gala event this evening if you wish to speak on the matter at length in person."

"Who are these people? How did they know of me? This matter must be investigated further. Tharsa, set course for the origin of this message. Contact me when we arrive. I'll be in the arena."

Voidrazor

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
With a gently intoxicating smile, Serraphina slighty inclines her head each as they are intoduced to her (briefly scanning surface thoughts as her gaze passes over each of them). "Think nothing of it governor, you have truly outdone yourself this evening. Everything looks gorgeous." She locks eyes with the first. "Citizen Arhaux, I don't believe I've had the pleasure. I have had a few scattered dealings with Izzemyr in the past, congratulations on your recent appointment. I hope our future encounters will be as pleasant as this evening is shaping up to be." She exchanges other such pleasantries with the others in turn, making each feel they have her undivided attention for the brief moment she converses with them before returning her gaze to the governor. "I do hope it's not an imposition to mix just a bit of business into this night of pleasure governor, but I mentioned to someone that I would be here if they needed to speak with me. A certain Lord Karnak has a starcruiser that has recently arrived near my system, and I was informed that he is the kind of person who's talent would be useful in a new project I'm pulling together." A crackle of energy spirals down the thick silver line that's entwining the skirt of her gown, followed by another in the opposite direction in another color.
Arhaux replies stiffly, "A ... pleasure to make your aquaintence Citizen. The Governor had mentioned your ... diligence. Commendable, I suppose."

The pleasantries with Arawn Segosian and Mirrin Vale also seem a bit strained. Arawn is polite but cautious, his large uniformly black eyes intense. Mirrin seems more at ease, but her grip while shaking hands is considerably tighter than decorum would allow. You are unable to either of their minds or Arhuax's.

The otheres are more cordial and you are able to catch their surface thoughts. c[fx(e)]/i is intrigued by the light display on your dress. Apparently, that color speed and symmetry is reminiscent of a famous poem in hir native tongue. Zaphroddus seems to be paying only enough attention to the party to maintain ettiquette. Most of his attention is devoted to some sort of computer programming project. Emil finds the balance of your minotaur features and celestial aura compelling in an aesthetic/artistic sense.

Starzaeon appears to take no notice of the ruffled feathers. "But of course. Lord Karnak is most welcome to attend. I would be pleased to send him an invitation if you desire."

Voidrazor

First Post
Nephtys said:
ooc: VR: This sounds like a good start. What can Melanoce do to make it happen?
Melanoce knows of some markets that would almost certainly respond very positively to Kaydian vacation advertising. But you'll need to line up lodging and perhaps tour guides first. Arranging for hotel construction (if that's the way you decide to go) could begin immediately but could get expensive if you want all the amenities. But even without construction, there would be a market for tourists bringing their own lodging/supplies.

Also you could deliver significant education resources at no cost. Its just a matter of filing a request to the right guilds over the Psi-web. The nature of the education would vary depending on the guild however. Generally speaking the Astrum Argentum is the best one, but their focus might be redundant as it focuses on a formalized system of magic largely incompatible with fey arcana. On that note you could probably generate a market for learning fey magic, but standard advertising might not work well for that.

BTW - Eschaton as a whole uses more magic than technology, mostly harnessing the power of various spirits.

Voidrazor

First Post
Nephtys said:
"I find that rather improbable. She has little reason to trust me and less reason to trust you, and if she'd allow us to tamper with her memories she wouldn't even have a reason to trust herself.
Either way, lets table the discussion about Kaydia for now and let us discuss the binding trade terms that are not conditional upon those negotiations. Regardless of whatever advantage you seek to gain from direct and secret negotiations with the worldspirit of Kaydia that world is but a minor potential customer. Surely you must have some interest in conventional economics, and that is an area in which I may actually be helpful to you. You must after all finance your production some way. Now, please, let us discuss actual business matters."
"You're not hearing me. My queue is full of people who are ofeering ridiculously good deals on 'actual business'. If you can't do me a little favor here we're done."

Nephtys said:
(ooc: Can you tell I don't do stuff like this for a living? :heh: I'm feeling a bit lost here.)

Melanoce starts a methodic search for any information she can find about worldspirits in general and Kaydia's worldspirit in specific. She's looking for any information that could explain why and how they can be useful in any way.
OOC - No worries. Xonorius was not on the top of your list because ze was easy to deal with. Ze is known to be difficult and currently trades hir robotic components only on a very limited basis. If you do manage to get a contract from him it could be an extremely lucrative coup. Even if you only transported a few units, you suspect the this is the sort of thing that open a lot of doors. Your other deals to set up the network should be considerably easier.

Every planet capable of supporting life has a world spirit that is essentially akin to earth Gaia/mother nature. They control the weather and have some influence over the overall direction of behavior of the population. They generally can't control individuals, just the macro-sclae thinking. Records indicate that Kaydia has some sort of special connection with the fey but no information beyond that seems to be publicly available.

Voidrazor

First Post
Avalon® said:
"Who are these people? How did they know of me? This matter must be investigated further. Tharsa, set course for the origin of this message. Contact me when we arrive. I'll be in the arena."
"The Lord High Inquisitor heads the Eschaton-wide organization responsible for defending against threats to souls on a planetary or greater scale. Human by birth, he is known to be one of the Hungry Gods and has personally sired many of the Inquisitors. There is no specific information on the psi-web as to how he would know of you. But it is certainly possible that he would have access to information on the location of every warrior of your calibur. Argus Oloriel Starzaeon is the Governor of the only core world in this system. He is a Sirian (they look like the classic 'tall white' aliens) of extraordinary psychic prowess. And as she said Serraphina DeLecourt is the Citizen of Tran'sa Kuul, also in this system. Again unfortunately, I have no information as to how they know about you."

Now that you think about it, Inquisitor Quillian Bliss is familiar. The Hungry Gods (essentially epic vampires capable of consuming souls) are known to be very tough customers, and Bliss is generally believed to be the greatest, certainly the fastest, warrior among them.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I'm a little lost...did Melanonce ever actually reply to Sigil? I recall him asking the GM what was plausible/possible, but I didn't think Mel actually took the GM's reply and said it IC...did I miss something?)

Voidrazor

First Post
OOC - Sorry all, my delay in reply made the thread a bit difficult to follow.

Nephtys - Please check post #93 for info to reply to Shayuri. Xonorius' most recent reply is #94. Also, after thinking about it a few moments, Melanoce would recall that there are reputable third parties that can do time-based rather than content based memory redaction.

Vertexx69 - You can either wait for Avalon or reply to post #92.

Avalon - Most recent info is in post #95. Serraphina's original call is in post #66 reprinted in post #90.

Nephtys

First Post
ooc: Sorry for being away from the thread for so long.

Melanoce answers Sigil. "You seem to have quite a good grasp of the possibilities, and I shall put things into motion as soon as we're done here. I look forwards to working with you."
"However," she leans closer to Sigil with an uncomfortable expression, "there is another matter we should discuss. A somewhat unconventinal offer that I would like you to consider. But let us speak of that again in a safer location. I have reasons to suspect that we're being monitored here. For now, let us join the others at the party. I'm curious of Starazeon's motives."

--
Xonorius:

"I will make the attempt, but I have few reasons to believe it will succeed. I'll let you know how it turns out."
She exchanges the customary farewells, a bit more concisely than usual, and terminates the link. Xonorious had given her a headache and she desperately needed a break. Messaging Starazeon's party coordinators she prepares to depart...

ooc: Time is one.

--

Voidrazor

First Post
Nephtys said:
"I will make the attempt, but I have few reasons to believe it will succeed. I'll let you know how it turns out."
She exchanges the customary farewells, a bit more concisely than usual, and terminates the link. Xonorious had given her a headache and she desperately needed a break. Messaging Starazeon's party coordinators she prepares to depart...

ooc: Time is one.
"Contact me if there is progress. Otherwise ..."

OOC - Heh, dealing with a only a single time stream does solve some headaches ;) .
I'm sure you already noticed, but for some reason Melanoce's diplomacy seemed to have no effect on Xonorius. This is unusual. You sensed that even the rude gleitsel you spoke with earlier was trying to be helpful, at least within the context of whatever constraints it was operating under.

Remove ads