• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eschton [mature] IC - Calling Arabesu

Voidrazor

First Post
Avalon® said:
(ooc: Sorry. I didn't know I was the only one not there. I had a REALLY hectic past few weeks. RL is a killer.)

As the ship arrives at their destination, Tharsa informs Karnak of their arrival. "Lord Karnak, we have arrived. Will you need help dressing?"

"Send in one of the valkyries to assist me, would you? Also, notify some of the guards here that Lord Karnak has arrived and that he is looking for Lord Quillian Bliss and a Serraphina DeLecourt."

"As you wish my liege."
As Karnak steps through the hatch, Tharsa sends, "Milord, I took the liberty of securing permission to land on the premises."

Outside, the view from a roof of Governor Starzaeon's four-dimensional 'palace' defies description. The exchange of architectural ideas from a thousand races, realized with easily available nanoconstuction fabricating exotic materials, has resulted in a cityscape of unique, awe-inspiring structures.

A mobile platform takes Karnak from the roof through a crystal wall to the main hall. A quick telepathic conference with Tharsa allows the warrior to identify Starzaeon and Serraphina, though the Lord High Inquisitor is nowhere to be seen.

OOC - No worries, I haven't exactly been right on top of updates myself.

Avalon®

First Post
Wow. This building design is mind-boggling.

Approaching Serraphina and Starzaeon, Karnak says:"Hello miss DeLeCourt, I am Lord Karnak. I am looking for Lord Quillian Bliss. Do you know where he is?"

Vertexx69

First Post
"Ah our young lord Karnak, so good of you to meet me here. May I introduce Argus Oloriel Staraeon, Governor of Kal'e'zant and your host this evening." With a languid wave of introduction she brings them together for a moment. She inclines her head and thinks to Karnak -Inquisitor Quillian Bliss does not...hmmm...socialize in the strictest sense of the word and so you would not find him at a function of this...nature- "Governor if you would excuse us please, I'm sure your other guests would love to monopolize your time as you have graciously allowed me to do already." And with a bow, Serraphina takes Karnaks arm in hers as if they'd know eachother for ages and begins to lead him away. "I do hope you don't mind, but there are a couple other guests to whom this matter might be of interest my lord." Shooting a glance at Sigil and Melanoce as Jenner follows silently behind.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Excuse me, my lords and ladies," Sigil says demurely with a curtsy. "I'll take my leave now to further enjoy this magnificent party. My thanks again for the invitation, and I hope I can return the favor soon."

She turns to glide off, staying near Serraphina and Melanonce (Assuming Mel follows too :)), though not making direct eye contact with either just yet.

Nephtys

First Post
"Lord Karnak," Melanoce floats nearer him, smiling disarmingly, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you. We should be seen together," she confides, "that alone would provide a synergy to both our affairs. I have a feeling that the security-sector is going to be quite expansive in the times to come... Perhaps we can talk again later."
She watches him walk aside with Seraphina speculatively, casting a glance at Starzaeon
before floating on, continuing her light conversation with Sigil and some other interesting guests.

Voidrazor

First Post
Starzaeon bows to the assembled Citizens and Lord Karnark as they turn to leave. "It was a great pleasure meeting you all in person. Should you require any special arrangements, please do not hesitate to ask."

Clarification: Inquisitor Qebehsenuef is a lieutenant to the Lord High Inquisitor Quillian Bliss. But even a regular Inquisitor would probably be an oppressive presence at a party. Most have overwhelming auras, and every move of all Inquisitors is watched by millions if not billions throughout the Eschaton.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC- Avalon are you just following along dumbly or going to comment or react in any way? I've seen that you're logged into the site every day. Even just a grunt of acknowledgement is enough, but let us know you've caught up.

really it's ok to post more than once a week :confused:

at least these delays are giving void a chance to prepare this upcoming adventure - hint, hint!

Avalon®

First Post
"Who, pray tell, are these others you speak of?"

Soon after two new beings join them. "Are these perhaps the ones you were refering to?"

Nephtys said:
"Lord Karnak," Melanoce floats nearer him, smiling disarmingly, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you. We should be seen together," she confides, "that alone would provide a synergy to both our affairs. I have a feeling that the security-sector is going to be quite expansive in the times to come... Perhaps we can talk again later."

"Charmed I'm sure. What do you mean by a synergy in our affairs?"

Voidrazor

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
OOC- at least these delays are giving void a chance to prepare this upcoming adventure - hint, hint!
Heh, you can follow any plot thread you'd like. But, if you're looking for action, and in particular something closer to a dungeon crawl feel, then checking out the area the Inquisitor mentioned would be the way to go.

You all find a quiet and relatively untrafficked area to talk. Although a few minutes late Citizen Arhaux drifts by at a polite distance. Melanoce, Sigil and Serraphina deduce from body language that she is looking for some cue that it would be OK to join the conversation. But she doesn't seem inclined to force the matter.

Remove ads