• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: So far I have:
Kane - Barbarian 10
Earth - Warden 10
Jarel-karn - Swordmage 12
Damen Bane - Thief 12
Beatrice - Warlord|Blackguard 11

I could use at least 1, possibly 2 more PCs if any are available in the 10-13 level range.

Kruk hits the table from the force of Kane's backslap. Hold on Kane, I'm coming too. The dwarf knocks tables and chairs away to get to Kane.

lvl 11 dwarf guardian fighter

Son of Meepo

First Post
Kruk hits the table from the force of Kane's backslap. Hold on Kane, I'm coming too. The dwarf knocks tables and chairs away to get to Kane.

lvl 11 dwarf guardian fighter

OOC: Awesome. That gets me right about where I want the difficulty of the encounters to be, but if we get one more I can always add a monster or two. I probably won't have time to start the adventure thread today, but hopefully by tomorrow.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Ideally someone who can heal.... a half-leader probably isn't enough.... although I'm sure Damen won't need it (damn drow sneaking, hiding) I know Kane tends to get hit very hard (after delivering a hard hit).

Earth has Font of Life Guardian powers, and several protect others powers.

Malakai notes the commotion from the inn's "big shots" and gives a decided "humf" indifference. However, he does take note that so quickly after helping to dispatch those demons in the Rift, that she was...hiring adventurers? Just where did she come up with the cash for that!?

The hooded Tiefling, wanting to get closer and get more information slinks away from his table to get closer when suddenly, he is sprayed in the face by a mouthful of water from a girl at the bar...

OOC: To be continued HERE

WEContact

First Post
The flash of light that briefly illuminated the Hanged Man was... tricksy. It looked farther away from the floor than the ceiling was, and obviously that's impossible. Since it was gone in a flash, (pardon the pun) it only managed to convey a sense of oddness, quickly forgotten by the taverns denizens in the wake of what followed. A soggy vagrant fell out of the light, hit the ceiling fan, crumpled in a heap on the floor, and groaned.

Stable portals can be traversed with relative comfort, but a portal that is forced open for only an instant... can't. Logan Chambers rolled over, clutching the sides his pounding head, and stared at the ceiling. He knew that ceiling. What. He frowned, closed his eyes.

"CHAMBERS! Is 'at yoo?" Blagram's booming interrogative bounces painfully around the inside of Logan's skull. "No," he murmurs weakly. Blagram doesn't hear him. "Hoo daur ye shaw yer face in haur efter whit ye did! We didnae forget!" He reaches down and pulls a battered black binder from beneath the bar. He flips pages, muttering, until he finds what he's looking for. "Aha! Here 'tis: 'In the event of Logan Chambers' return to Daunton he will be placed under house arrest under the authority of the Hanged Man and its associates until his debt is paid, as he has previously evaded attempts to collect on his debt to the establishment. To that end he will be required to perform any work deemed appropriate by the Hanged Man and its associates, who will retain as much or of little of his profits as they deem fit.'" Blagarm raises his voice (Chambers winces) to address the rest of the tavern: "THIS LOUT TRIES TAE GO WITHOOT MAH SAY, WHOEVER STAPS 'IM GITS DRINK OAN TH' HOOSE FUR A WEEK! Chambers, ye ken bunk in th' drunk tank 'til ye've paid what ye owe. Aam a kin' man, so I'll let ye put yer feet up out here, but ye'll do it dry- no strong drink fer ye til ye've paid fer what ye drank already."

Chambers groans again, and rolls back onto his face.

OOC: Logan Chambers, L1 Seeker|Ranger (Controller, not even slightly a Striker) at your service! If you want to know why he just fell out of the ceiling, you'll have to read his backstory, nyahhh.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
After a few minutes Chambers sits up, a little shakily. He stares at the floor for a little while, his elbows propped up on his knees, and then finally marshals the will to drag himself up to a table. He doesn't look up to see who else is at the table until after he's rested his pounding head for a few moments.

OOC: Anyone else in the tavern?

Voda Vosa

First Post
The door of the tavern opens alone, and a rather unimpressive shade stands on the portal. A lightning blot cracked behind him, casting a terrifying shadow inside. As the owner of the shadow enters the tavern, the fear dissipates like a fart in a basket.
The man is well entered in his 30's, wearing once shimmering and lush coloured blue and red tunics; now brown and grey, by the hardships of the journey. His deep black eyes are tired, his long black hair a mess. Floating behind him is an intricate and sharp edged staff. With quick wrist flick, the door slams shut behind him by itself. He walks to a random table, before slumping on a chair. The staff gently leans on the nearby wall. "A drink and a meal, and ready a comfortable bed and a bath for me, Vermitrax." the man says, rising a finger. After that, he rests his face on his hands for a moment, before leaning back on his chair, and getting his now bootless feet on another chair.

OOC: Vermitrax, human necromancer mage 7

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Not long after Vermitrax, a tall human figure enters the tavern too. This time is covered head to toe in metal... or, on a closer look, he's made of it. And not like a common warforged, but for what can be seen behind his adamantine armor plates, a clockwork mechanism of intrincate pieces of steel, copper and silver. He detaches his shield from his left arm and lets it lean against a table, along with his rather large hammer.

automaton2.jpg

Tiles spin in his chest, forming letters and words:

+++I'm Prime, and I'm available for work+++

+++Not many people over here, though.+++

+++I'll use the time to go to the workshop. There are a couple modifications I want to test
+++

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads