Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Joepayne

First Post
A unexpected deep voice comes from the rogue, quiet enough that only the man sitting at his table can hear it:

Ello there, Chambers. He shakes the hand presented to him. I was unaware of such traditions. Allow me.

The rogue stands up out of his chair, grabbing the attention of a few adventurers who were already curious about his prescence. He announces:
Greetings all, and I apologize for not identifying myself yet. Where I come from, it is considered egotistical and rude to announce your presence to strangers. I am Kershank, a wanderer in search of fantastical quests, wealth, and improving my killing finesse. This, is my weapon.

He unsheathes a small dagger, and while it looks old and worn, the tip has been greatly cared for, sharp enough to pierce through his own leather top. Making a scene of himself, the rogue spins the blade around his hand, twisting and tossing it with great skill. His final movement is a focused stab, into a non-existant foe. He then quickly tumbles backwards, and by the time he returns to his feet the dagger is back in its sheathe.

Impressed?

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Logan watches Kershank's theatrics with his eyebrows raised. "You're quite the performer," he says, and then smiles. "Do that when your quarry is trying to kill you, and then I'll be impressed."

OOC: I went over your sheet, by the way, you should take a look.

Someone

Adventurer
Prime was in the middle of picking up his stuff to leave when Vermitrax spoke.

+++That necromancer wasn't up to the task. And I'm for some variety after all those goblins and undead+++

+++Still, look like the place is dead. I think I can use that mage's bony ass as target practice for the modifications I plan to install+++

+++Warn me when you're ready. I'll be in Optimus' workshop
+++

After he's sure he's been read, Prime leaves the tavern.

On his way out, Prime encounters bright green wilden girl. She nods to him and lets him pass.
"Good hunting, Prime!"

She enters and behing her can be seen large (for a bat) bat-like creature carying oversized sword. She holds a branch of some unidentified wood that sprouts leaves still, but the hand that holds it has black scars visible between the leaves, with parts bare to her bark.

"Hello. We are Nementah, Lady of Inifinite Branches."
She nods toward evil party and passes deeper into the establishment, looking for someone. She spots large dragonborn and joins Skaliss at the table.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ehm..." Vermitrax rises an eyebrow, and a sideways glance at Zaroch. "Surely, you can claim whatever prize you see fit, Sharpe. However my intention is just to terminate Vlastodes once and for all. I don't like the idea of a vengeful lich plotting against me. As a colourful note, he holds vast riches in his tomb, which is always alluring."
The wizard nods to Prime as he makes his exit. "I welcome the chance to fight by your side Prime, your tactical mind is always an aid in any physical confrontation." Turning to Kamotz the wizard inquires. "What say you, shifter?"

JRYoung

First Post
"Hello. We are Nementah, Lady of Inifinite Branches."
She nods toward evil party and passes deeper into the establishment, looking for someone. She spots large dragonborn and joins Skaliss at the table.

"M'Lady, it isss good to sssee you" Skalisss greets his friend. "The othersss will be along ssshortly, I trussst? We have mattersss of great importance to attend to".

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The door silently opens and a dwarf enters, equally silent. Gliding along he nods to Sharpe and the rest of the party, even clapping the mage on the back, maybe stronger then strictly necessary, causing him to spill some of his wine.

"Hello again. Just passing in greeting, I'll just go see my old comrades. Enjoy your drinks."

Passing by the bar
"Rocco Shadowlost. I will have wine, please."

Those who see the dwarf in a fight would never connect this silent and calm manner with deadly duelist disregarding his own safety in the battle. Still, incongruous as his looks are with his manner, he regards everyone serenely until he spots wilden and dragonborn at the table.

He joins them
"I see not everyone is back. I guess brother Navio is not here either?"

[sblock=Description]
Rocco is as pale as dwarves go. He looks gray and drained like he never saw light of the day. He carries snug fitting chain mail, matted to be dull gray instead of shining metal. His hair and beard are both black. Hair is done in Mohawk style, looking more fitting for eladrin or shadar-kai then dwarf. Beard is braided in three prongs, side ones going toward his shoulders, middle one falling straight down to his chest. All braids are held with bright sky blue rings.

He wears dark gray tunic over his stone mail of dull black stone. Snug fitting black shirt and trousers, black leather boots and, shockingly, bright blue cloak with purple trimming.

Various light weapons of dwarven type sit on his belt and lone javelin is secured on his back. He walks light, gliding instead of threading, quite a contrast to heavy step of his ilk.
[/sblock]
OOC: image is correct for the looks, weapons are Gauntlet Axe and dagger

[sblock=Image]
RoccoShadowlost.jpg

[/sblock]

"Vimak and Quan are making sure Halleck is alright. He will need some time recovering. Whatever that lich did to him drained him to the very brink of life."

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Bosch group role call

Rocco <check>
Nementah <check>
Skalisss <check>
Quan
Vimak
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] I'm sure Quan and Vimak are busy buying all sorts of lethal equipment.

Remove ads